• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 ELO Rating

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah we should def play when i get back! im down to learn yoshi since it seems like that's who everyone likes to play in orlando lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Thanks man! Been busy irl and Zenith is coming up so the ratings and the map haven't been updated this week really, but I'll get everything updated soon.

edit: ELO is now updated to include that tournament and most recent online ladder games. Still have a bunch of brazilian tournaments to get up at some point.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
updated to include bracket only thus far. LD ****ed my elo so hard lol. I think I know how I'm going to incorporate pools that is independent of order, but I need some time to implement it (maybe a week depending on free time).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well I won't be there for long! Once pools gets put in I should get a boost since I won't be losing to a 1300 rated LD. Thus assuring my dominance over all of you, mwahahahaha!

ratings updated to include most recent online ladder matches

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Well I'll get a victory over wiz robe who should be pretty inflated thanks to his beating Nintendude so we shall see who has the last laugh.. Actually you probably will since you have barely any data.. Noob.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
Is anybdy working on putting zentih pools into clubba's format? If not, I'd be happy to do it, I'd just need the TioPro files.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for the actual save files form TioPro so I could just write a program to do it. I don't know if anyone even has those though.

I guess I'll do it manually if I have to.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@Bloodpeach, I will be putting pools in a different format because of the fact that order is ambiguous. Don't worry, I've got it covered!

@prisonchild, YES YES YES! Someone please save the bracket this time, and if you can talk to the TO's there and get the brackets from previous years get those too. I've asked for past impulse tourney info but all I could ever get was placing information which doesn't help.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I have the tio file. The way the ssbpd worked was it automatically parsed tio files into something readable. tio files are bascially xml files btw.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
@clubba: Cool. I was worried about the ordering too. What sort of system are you going to use?

@Nintendude: yeah that's why I thought it would be pretty easy (and moderately good use of my time) to write a program to convert from tio files to clubba's ELO import format. If there is any interest in this (and if someone hasn't already done it), I could still do it. I'm considering writing a TioPro plugin for this too.

EDIT: Nintendude, could you email the tio file anyway? I just want to mess around with it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@bloodpeach, My "system" is just a java program I wrote combined with a bunch of text files. I just like to say system cuz it sounds cool lol.

Something that converts tio into my format would be ****ing amazing. I tried looking into it when I started this but there isn't much info out there. If its just an xml it wouldn't be difficult, but someone else should probably do it because in the realm of CS I'm a noob, and honestly I'm already doing a lot of smash related stuff and I should probably hold off on taking on anymore lest I don't have any time to actually play.

Actually I think what I'm going to end up doing is have pools be done in the same formate as tourney and just do one file for each pool. Then I'll probably upgrade so you can put all of the pools in one file because that sounded really stupid when I wrote it down just know lol. I put some work in on it on monday night, I'll probably do some more tonight. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be ready to go. My guess is anyone who made it out of pools will actually have an ELO boost as opposed to a drop like a lot of people got from the tourney only results

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Nintendude send him a couple please? I don't have any actual tio files.

A bit late but finally including the finished double dair tournament. Killer is sooooooooo good.

pools for zenith are up! I'm sleepy

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha yea you got screwed because all I have is genesis 2 for you, which was the first tournament used in these ratings. Everyone was 1500 rating at the time, so your rating is only relative to the ratings of people immediately after genesis. If you entered another tournament and beat some higher ranked players, you'd actually jump up pretty quickly.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
oh yea if you can find the data for that tournament i can use that. I just don't have it right now.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
This is one of the matches from that tourney I'm pretty sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uc-y-xP2_k

I can't actually get to the page now at work, but if the video has the name of the tournament anywhere on it, just search 'smashboards (insert tourney name)' and if the thread exists it should pop up.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
That's definitely one of the videos. Man, I don't know how I managed that win over tank. He's too good!

But, as far as tourney results go, I think sharksquail has them. Not sure if he still comes around the boards tho

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well if anyone ever gets their hands on the file I can put it up.

Updated to include Week 1 of the SSBL

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hmmm. My inclination is to not include this because it effectively wasn't played under a standard ruleset.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
It was a standard ruleset with a more generous gentleman's rule. Most people at the tournament thought it should be included.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I don't get how a samus only tournament with players who mostly aren't samus mains helps the accuracy of the ratings... And it doesn't indicate that most players there were trying to win the tournament.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I don't get how a samus only tournament with players who mostly aren't samus mains helps the accuracy of the ratings... And it doesn't indicate that most players there were trying to win the tournament.
OH So the ratings are supposed to be about who's the best at pika dittos, or pika-kirby-fox-falcon matchups. You should have noted that somewhere

Edit: You allow for international tournament data, you know they don't use the apex or the chain-ace rulesets right? And in japan they don't even use the same version. Maybe you should redefine the scope, and then set in stone right now the exact rulesets which you accept. When a rulset changes, are you going to go back and remove the data from tournaments with old rulesets?

Top Bottom