• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 2.0 The Faqs!

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I would love vanilla SSB64 so much more if I could just use a C-stick for arials.

:3

As others have said I'm not sure about the point in limiting yourself -- I'd try to capture the overall feeling (craazy combos and overwhelming offense, super throws etc.) without cutting out too many mechanics. But that's just my approach.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
wouldn't it just be easier to like... port 64 to the wii and change around whatever you want? 64's already for the PC, so idk why you claim it's not good cause of system... anyways, brawl's so utterly different from 64, you're never going to get anything close and i don't really know why you're trying, but good luck. you'll need lots of it.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
Removing sideBs, uthrows, and dthrows, for example, wouldn't really serve any purpose. The point of a project like this should be to expand on 64 physics, not abide by its limitations.

some people like 64's simplicity

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Removing sideBs, uthrows, and dthrows, for example, wouldn't really serve any purpose. The point of a project like this should be to expand on 64 physics, not abide by its limitations.

some people like 64's simplicity
For some reason I'm doubtful that removing them would really make things any simpler. This is SMASH BROS. we're talking about here. There is no complicated button combination for any move, except for the phantasms and Dancing Blade (and even then these are extremely simple).

Melee's technical depth came from exploits and glitches, with the only intentional AT being L-canceling, which gave you like 7 frames to hold L/R/Z to halve aerial lag. Not complicated either. Smash Bros. was never suppose to be extremely complicated. So this is a moot point you're making here.

Removing parts of movesets would be removing character options and therefore needlessly nerfing them. We're working off Brawl here, and so everything you take out just makes it more shallower of a game than it already is.

Although really it seems to me the sole intention of this project is to try to make Brawl even more minimalistic than it already is.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Cooler, i know this guy in rl: he doesn't know ho to hack. Plus, his parents wouldn't agree to this. this si just him trying to tick me and all the b+ers off. i'm reporting the thread cause of this. It's just spam people.
Which is exactly why i'm learning.
The project itself is interesting. But how can it be successful when someone doesn't know anything on how to start in the first place? He's basically asking people to start it.. I wouldn't mind if someone were to pick up on it and make it. But Metak's trying to troll.

Like i said, learn first. Then create.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
The project itself is interesting. But how can it be successful when someone doesn't know anything on how to start in the first place? He's basically asking people to start it.. I wouldn't mind if someone were to pick up on it and make it. But Metak's trying to troll.

Like i said, learn first. Then create.
Exactly!! He's just trying to get other people to do it for him. I'm retaking my "it's stupid" 'cause I actually like the idea now, but it'll only work if someone besides Metak works on it Which is exactly why I think you should lock this thread. Unless somebody " volunteers " ( which nobody should ) you should lock this.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Exactly!! He's just trying to get other people to do it for him. I'm retaking my "it's stupid" 'cause I actually like the idea now, but it'll only work if someone besides Metak works on it Which is exactly why I think you should lock this thread. Unless somebody " volunteers " ( which nobody should ) you should lock this.
You can't shut down people's threads just because you don't like them personally.
I think it is an unnecessary idea, but if you like it, go ahead. Just try not to call it anything that will draw attention from Brawl+, we don't want 20 different hacked versions, each with their own name.

BEES

Smash Lord
Call it Brawl 64. Simple and to the point.

You could actually make some easy modifications to existing codes to get most of the way there.
No Tripping
S-cancel
Hitstun ~.49
dash dance
shield-stun
anti-lock
tech length and tech buffer
.15 Dash Speed
.2 FF
.9 SH height
.25 dgrav
.1 Jumpspeed
Brawlplussery 3.x knockback values
Brawlplussery 3.x character rebalancing codes

Then you need a few other codes:
-make fair and nair the same
-make fspecial and nspecial the same
-eliminate airdodging
-eliminate spotdodging
-eliminate shieldgrabbing

The first half is already done for us. The second half should be easy to code, but it requires someone willing.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
You can't shut down people's threads just because you don't like them personally.
I think it is an unnecessary idea, but if you like it, go ahead. Just try not to call it anything that will draw attention from Brawl+, we don't want 20 different hacked versions, each with their own name.
I'm not saying I don't like him personally, I'm just saying I KNOW him personally and that this is him trolling. I agree with everything the guy that I quoted ( sorry, bad memory ) said. It is a cool project, but Metak is just trying to get people to do it for him. That's his thing. He's just trolling. If somebody that axtually knew how to hack and made progress with it then I would say keep the thread open. but, since so many people like it, I guess the mods should keep it open longer until somebody wants to ACTUALLY make a real project like this. Otherwise close it, it's trolling.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Then you need a few other codes:
-make fair and nair the same
-make fspecial and nspecial the same
-eliminate airdodging
-eliminate spotdodging
-eliminate shieldgrabbing

The first half is already done for us. The second half should be easy to code, but it requires someone willing.
Characters have both fairs and nairs in 64
shieldgrabbing is in 64

You'd also need to make the foxtrot reversible w/o dashing in the same direction first.
you'd need to eliminate pummelling, uthrows and dthrows
you'd have to eliminate pivot grabs, and make dash grabs the same as standing grabs.
you'd have to add edge cancelling
you'd have to remove DI and ASDI
Remove edge jumping
remove invincibility on edge drop
add Crouch Canceling
remove wall/ceiling techs
remove turn around specials
remove tethers/zairs
make manual z cancelling (turns aerial landing lag into normal landing lag)
remove "soft landings". there are only hard landings
remove recovery non-IASA-abliity
remove meteor canceling

do a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff if you want to make the original characters the same as in 64 (such as make fox's shine land canceled)

I'm probaby missing a bunch of stuff too.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Characters have both fairs and nairs in 64
shieldgrabbing is in 64

You'd also need to make the foxtrot reversible w/o dashing in the same direction first.
you'd need to eliminate pummelling, uthrows and dthrows
you'd have to eliminate pivot grams, and make dash grabs the same as standing grabs.
you'd have to add edge cancelling
you'd have to remove DI and ASDI
Remove edge jumping
remove invincibility on edge drop
add Crouch Canceling
remove wall/ceiling techs
remove turn around specials
remove tethers/zairs
make manual z cancelling (turns aerial landing lag into normal landing lag)
remove "soft landings". there are only hard landings
remove recovery non-IASA-abliity

do a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff if you want to make the original characters the same as in 64 (such as make fox's shine land canceled)

I'm probaby missing a bunch of stuff too.
Yeah. It sounds really complecated. I guess no one really wants to try it then. Nobody wants to try all of that hard stuff XD.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I started making this project, I have only the 12 characters

characters have all of their aerial speed like in 64, and they have more endlag on their correspondig 64 aerials

but, i gave up, for a while:p

since what I needed was the electric hitlag code and it's done, and I also needed the knock back code and is already done aswell

usb gecko is comming to it's rightful hands soon

but i'm not supporting this thread, once I finish the project which will take more than 500 codes of lines with only the 12 smash 64 chars, I'll make a thread with the codeset, or just post it where there are codesets somewhere

also, I know it will be better playing 64 but no:p, I want an updated better version of it, 64 mechanics and physics will comeback in someway, but characters have more stuff in brawl which did not in 64

so thats why I want this project back, also, there's what it's called, "Balancement" with codes in brawl

and the other thing is, adding characters to be played 64 style but that will be updated overtime:)

well if you guys ever want to chat with me and stuff, go to B+ chat room (i won't give the link since I don't know if I'm supposed to)

ask via pm to anyone, if you wish to build the project on ur own, good luck aswell

this is not childs game doing this stuff, even I don't know what Balancement means, but I have smash 64 on my wii, but, I still want to have brawl to be smash 64 like

ttyn thread :)

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I started making this project, I have only the 12 characters

characters have all of their aerial speed like in 64, and they have more endlag on their correspondig 64 aerials

but, i gave up, for a while:p

since what I needed was the electric hitlag code and it's done, and I also needed the knock back code and is already done aswell

usb gecko is comming to it's rightful hands soon

but i'm not supporting this thread, once I finish the project which will take more than 500 codes of lines with only the 12 smash 64 chars, I'll make a thread with the codeset, or just post it where there are codesets somewhere

also, I know it will be better playing 64 but no:p, I want an updated better version of it, 64 mechanics and physics will comeback in someway, but characters have more stuff in brawl which did not in 64

so thats why I want this project back, also, there's what it's called, "Balancement" with codes in brawl

and the other thing is, adding characters to be played 64 style but that will be updated overtime:)

well if you guys ever want to chat with me and stuff, go to B+ chat room (i won't give the link since I don't know if I'm supposed to)

ask via pm to anyone, if you wish to build the project on ur own, good luck aswell

this is not childs game doing this stuff, even I don't know what Balancement means, but I have smash 64 on my wii, but, I still want to have brawl to be smash 64 like

ttyn thread :)
... I guess there was someone that wanted to do it. I'm just gonna go to school tommarow, say that his thread was locked, but somebody's doing it, and i'll give him 5 bucks to never come back. XP. Dang, i've gotta stop doing that... hey, NAMQ, wasn't I supposed to play you on wifi like two days ago at 12:00?

Top Bottom