• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 2.0 The Faqs!

Metak

Smash Rookie
For all of you Brawl+ endorsers out there, there's a new project coming to town!!! It' 64 Gold and it's gonna kick B+'s but hard!

Questions and FAQ

1.What is 64 Gold? 64 Gold is the 64's fan's answer to B+. I'm going to collect people and hackers to hack into brawl and turn it into a complete version of 64.

2. What is the goal of this project? To make Smash 64 for the wii!!

3. How do I get it? You need a modded wii. I'm not allowed to tell you the rest.

4. Why not just play Smash 64 or melee or B+? Because Smash 64 is better than all of those, but because it's on the 64 it's not popular. Were gonna change that.

Any other questions that do not have to do with technical stuff just PM me.

Hacker/Endorser List:
Me
Ratts
Jmlee337

So, does anyone wanna help me remake Smash 64 for the wii, or not!?!

Metak

Smash Rookie
I'm going out to buy the USB Gecko device now!! You should be too!!!

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
It shouldn't be too hard. Texture hacks of their 64 versions, high hitstun, S-canceling, 1-frame powershield, etc.

Metak

Smash Rookie
Thank you, now i'm not going to buy a USB Gecko. So, does anybody wanna help? Greenpoe, Jmlee? And Alvicala, kinda, but no. Not the point. So what sould I ( soon to be we i hope ) do first? I'm think i'm going to add L-canceling.

Metak

Smash Rookie
Why don't you just politely ask one of the Brawl+ people to compile together a codelist for you?
... nice idea!

It'll be kinda hard to change the momentum of the characters and their ground speed though , don't you think?

ratts

Smash Apprentice
you make no sense, what is this game is it 64 or is it melee

it is one or the other they are very different.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
For all of you Brawl+ endorsers out there, there's a new project coming to town!!! It' 64 2.0 and it's gonna kick B+'s but hard!

Questions and FAQ

1.What is 64 2.0? 64 2.0 is the melee fan's answer to B+. I'm going to collect people and hackers to hack into brawl and turn it into a complete version of melee .
then why did you say melee in your first point?

Metak

Smash Rookie
then why did you say melee in your first point?
My mistake. I fixed it.

Hey, question: After i change the look on everything and make it seem, function, and look like Smash 64, how do I get rid of all the extra stuff that was on brawl? Or can I not?
Cause I wanna make the alloys frames again and the rest of the features and the stages relatively the same. And I wanna get rid of all the Brawl characters. And if that's not possible, I have a lot of work ahead of me/ to do.

Metak

Smash Rookie
thanks, that was really confusing.
Your welcome XD. So any helpers yet? The smash 64 board doesn't seem to like me...

On second thought, I still think that I need to get the USB Gecko to make my own codes. My list is pretty demanding.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
2.0 is descriptive but kinda bland, how about Smash 64 Gold

gold is commonly used to refer to legacy projects.

if you started and then have a version number it could get confusing

64 2.0 v3.1beta

see what I mean?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What about the character roster?

You going back to the original tweve? What about Side B? Side stepping? Up/Down Throw? Charging Smashes? Double Jump Cancel? Air dodges?

>__>

Metak

Smash Rookie
2.0 is descriptive but kinda bland, how about Smash 64 Gold

gold is commonly used to refer to legacy projects.
i think i'll change it... nice idea!! I can't though. But from now on it'll be refered to as Smash 64 Gold!! Hey, it sounds like your an endorser ratts!

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
No:
SideB
Uthrow
Dthrow
Grapples
Grab Jabs
Airdodges
Step Dodges
Wall Techs
Light Shielding
Chargeable Smashes
Meteor cancelling
Wall jump

Metak

Smash Rookie
No:
SideB
Uthrow
Dthrow
Grapples
Grab Jabs
Airdodges
Step Dodges
Wall Techs
Light Shielding
Chargeable Smashes
Meteor cancelling
Wall jump
Yes. Exactly. Hope i can hurry up and get started on it quicker too.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
No:
SideB
Uthrow
Dthrow
Grapples
Grab Jabs
Airdodges
Step Dodges
Wall Techs
Light Shielding
Chargeable Smashes
Meteor cancelling
Wall jump
Use the Action modifier
eg. Replace SideB with B, Side Step with Shield, etc.
and use the CSS mod to take out all melee and brawl chars

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I agree that make the mechanics 64 but keeping the characters would be fun to see how they play in 64, I'm just sayin...

either way the character selection screen can be reorganized :D

Metak

Smash Rookie
I agree that make the mechanics 64 but keeping the characters would be fun to see how they play in 64, I'm just sayin...

either way the character selection screen can be reorganized :D
I could do both, by making several betas. On second thought, I might also keep the meelee characters, but not the brawl ones. We'll see. I just need jiang to PM me back.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Do you want Smash 64 on the virtual console, or Brawl with 64 mechanics?
I suppose they are willing to change Brawl into 64... looks nice if you ask me.
I mean, for those 64 fans out there it may be nice having Brawls graphics mixed with 64 mechanics.

Now, my sugestions:
>Make Ness OP again LOL
>I dont see why to use texture hacking, it would use too much codespace (even though now there is the screenshot no limit thing). Besides, why not keep the good graphics? However, the 64 textures might bring back great memories.
>Custom 64 music (FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS FTW!)!! I dont see this viable, however.

Metak

Smash Rookie
I suppose they are willing to change Brawl into 64... looks nice if you ask me.
I mean, for those 64 fans out there it may be nice having Brawls graphics mixed with 64 mechanics.

Now, my sugestions:
>Make Ness OP again LOL
>I dont see why to use texture hacking, it would use too much codespace (even though now there is the screenshot no limit thing). Besides, why not keep the good graphics? However, the 64 textures might bring back great memories.
>Custom 64 music (FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS FTW!)!! I dont see this viable, however.
i'll look into it. I still can't do anything though until jiang anwsers my Pm...

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
i'll look into it. I still can't do anything though until jiang anwsers my Pm...
Zach, since when do you know ho to hack.

/Thread. He doesn't no how to hack. Plus this is stupid. I didn't refer you Metak for this.

Rikana

Smash Champion
He's not going to compile it for you. Just try it yourself because you're the one running the project.

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
<<" yeah, because we definitely want no DI with 2 second hitstun

but good luck though, guys. I'll try it out whenever it gets released =)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Protip: SSB is coming out on virtual console soon to purchase. If you use a .wad installer, you can already get it (albeit illegally). This is a waste of time.

Someone else wanted to do this exact same thing, and I really cannot understand why. I can understand wanting brawl with 64-like physics, but... making brawl into a cheap ripoff of 64? Really, if all you're going to do is turn brawl into 64, then you should just play 64. It'd be better, anyway. If you want to play brawl but with 64 physics, then go for it, but you shouldn't be trying to make everything just like 64. Removing sideBs, uthrows, and dthrows, for example, wouldn't really serve any purpose. The point of a project like this should be to expand on 64 physics, not abide by its limitations.

Like I said, if you really want to make a game like 64, then make a game like 64. If you just want to turn brawl into 64, though, I suggest you just wait until it comes out on the VC.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Protip: SSB is coming out on virtual console soon to purchase. If you use a .wad installer, you can already get it (albeit illegally). This is a waste of time.

Someone else wanted to do this exact same thing, and I really cannot understand why. I can understand wanting brawl with 64-like physics, but... making brawl into a cheap ripoff of 64? Really, if all you're going to do is turn brawl into 64, then you should just play 64. It'd be better, anyway. If you want to play brawl but with 64 physics, then go for it, but you shouldn't be trying to make everything just like 64. Removing sideBs, uthrows, and dthrows, for example, wouldn't really serve any purpose. The point of a project like this should be to expand on 64 physics, not abide by its limitations.

Like I said, if you really want to make a game like 64, then make a game like 64. If you just want to turn brawl into 64, though, I suggest you just wait until it comes out on the VC.
Over 9000 this^^

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Cooler, i know this guy in rl: he doesn't know ho to hack. Plus, his parents wouldn't agree to this. this si just him trying to tick me and all the b+ers off. i'm reporting the thread cause of this. It's just spam people.

Metak

Smash Rookie
Cooler, i know this guy in rl: he doesn't know ho to hack. Plus, his parents wouldn't agree to this. this si just him trying to tick me and all the b+ers off. i'm reporting the thread cause of this. It's just spam people.
Which is exactly why i'm learning.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol lock this thread please then. Metak's raising hope for those who may want this when he himself does not know how.

Metak, learn first, then create.

Top Bottom