• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
The thing generally stopping N64 tournaments, is lack of NTSC setups, and simply time.
No-one (Literally no-one) wants to play on a pal50hz setup, and it would cause delays for the other games while we wait for matches to finish.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Its too many games to run 64 on top of the already stacked schedule. Until we get a bigger venue, then maybe. But yeah, probably not enough interest anyway :s

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, Ranbat 25th July Locked in

Can I just put it out on record that melee setup turnout during June was a disappointment. Don't assume people will bring setups and don't be salty if your setup isn't needed. We need all the help we can humanly fit and the community itself is the only thing that keeps us going strong. Don't be a deadbeat. Bring a setup if you have one.

Schedule is same as last ranbat:

11am - Doors, Casual play
11:30am - Super Smash Bros. Wii U doubles
12pm - Super Smash Bros. PM Singles
1pm - Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles
3pm - Super Smash Bros. Wii U Singles
4pm - Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles

As for Smash 4 rules we have not completely ironed them out yet but it will be back to non-customs with a 7 stage ruleset

And also Couchwarriors are currently on the lookout for a bigger venue, if you have any venue locations in mind please let me know.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
How about an amiibo league? I've got loads of amiibo and I want to see how much better you people are at training AI subroutines. Failing that, maybe I could get your advice on how to train my amiibo I've yet to unbox. I've got a Toon Link, a Rosalina and a Ganondorf waiting to be opened. I've settled on calling the Ganondorf "Wizarrobe," but that's about it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll train ur amiibo's for $25 over the course of a month

The early matches at the start of the amiibo's life are the most important so I can make sure you get that done right
You'll earn what you spent back on all the tournaments your amiibo's will win

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
How about an amiibo league? I've got loads of amiibo and I want to see how much better you people are at training AI subroutines. Failing that, maybe I could get your advice on how to train my amiibo I've yet to unbox. I've got a Toon Link, a Rosalina and a Ganondorf waiting to be opened. I've settled on calling the Ganondorf "Wizarrobe," but that's about it.
There is no time to do an amiibo league. At the moment we run 5 events and even though the amiibo league kinda runs on it's own we don't have enough spare setups to go around.

rousd

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just wondering if there are any other ways of getting to the event, since my friends and I were planning to get off at Moreland station and walk to the venue, but trains aren't operating on the Upfield line during that weekend.

(first post hype!)

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was just wondering if there are any other ways of getting to the event, since my friends and I were planning to get off at Moreland station and walk to the venue, but trains aren't operating on the Upfield line during that weekend.

(first post hype!)
You can catch a Tram down from Melbourne Central I'm pretty sure (About a 20 min trip), Can't remember which one though

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I came into this thread to see Melbourne celebrating its smash 4 champions and their run at town and Sydney, I was dissapointed :<

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Yo Dreadtech, I'd be happy to run an Amiibo tournament on the side for you guys. I helped out in Sydney do it with My 3ds. So its a piece of cake and doesn't take that long to actually do.
Do it yourself and sort it out yourself. I won't have anything to do with it and you are not using wii u Setups those are needed for actual human tournaments. And if you are holding up the other events in any way I'm dq'ing you and anyone else who are slowing brackets down.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
99.9% sure it's the 19 tram towards North Coburg. I just searched it up on the metro journey planner going from Melbourne Central station to Moreland station.
Apparently there are no City Loop trains, but there are still Flinders St trains running on the Upfield line.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
this thread is great, lets talk about what ppl bring on their trips to the tournament

i like a good old fashioned trail mix and a banana, but sometimes when im feeling brave ill pack 2 bananas and around 1pm ill check if it hasnt completely bruised and ill eat it

Splice

Smash Hero
this thread is great, lets talk about what ppl bring on their trips to the tournament

i like a good old fashioned trail mix and a banana, but sometimes when im feeling brave ill pack 2 bananas and around 1pm ill check if it hasnt completely bruised and ill eat it
lol fail troll, actually bringing up a legitimate discussion topic

It's important to pack light and energy-filled food that can keep you healthy throughout the day, especially if you want to save money, save time and stay fit for the tournament on the day. You can get food like pizza, pancakes and kebabs from places close to the venue though (and decent coffee and sandwiches) but this requires you to leave the venue, so make sure you alert a Tournament Organiser if you plan on leaving to get food. If you leave the venue when you have matches to play, you might be DQ'd so that the tournament is able to run on time. Packing a lunch can avoid problems :starman:

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman

It's important to pack light and energy-filled food that can keep you healthy throughout the day, especially if you want to save money, save time and stay fit for the tournament on the day. You can get food like pizza, pancakes and kebabs from places close to the venue though (and decent coffee and sandwiches) but this requires you to leave the venue, so make sure you alert a Tournament Organiser if you plan on leaving to get food. If you leave the venue when you have matches to play, you might be DQ'd so that the tournament is able to run on time. Packing a lunch can avoid problems :starman:
Just don't leave your food lying about, one of the FGC members is known for stealing food. You don't wanna be low on dat energy.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
I know. That's why I would use 3ds.
Let me make this clear so that there are no excuses. If I need you for a match and I see you fiddling with 3ds amiibo stuff. I will give you a warning for not actively trying to get your own match played. If anyone is busy watching their amiibo fight instead of playing their matches I will yell at them.

Danza

Smash Apprentice
i'll be attending Project M, which i have been playing for a few weeks now. It'd be great to get some friendlies, and so you professionals can show me what i'm doing wrong (if anything) lol.

S.D

Smash Master

Just buy a large bag of green apples.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
So to prepare our smash 4 warriors going into DI Another Day, the next Aus major that is being hosted in Perth we will be using the same ruleset they will be

2 stock 6 minutes
No customs
Mii Fighters legal only with 1111 format (Aka only the number 1 custom move for each B move)

Starters:
>Battlefield/Miiverse
>FD/Palutena Omega
>Dreamland
>Town And City
>Smashville

Counterpicks:
>Lylat Cruise
>Castle Siege
>Delfino Plaza
>Duck Hunt
>Halberd

2 stage bans"

With Project M, we will be moving on to version 3.6

Please make sure your PM's are updated

A final call out to melee players to bring your setups as Melee was lacking during the last monthly

Please bring everything you can peeps, there's no such thing as too much

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Hey sorry if this has been covered before, but why are we running two stock over three stock?

I'm curious since most other states run three stock and personally three stock feels a lot more natural.

Is it just time restraints? Or do most of the Smash 4 community prefer two stock?

Top Bottom