• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd love to, but it'd take a lot of effort from at least two other people to introduce an official format for this. If AEM can create profiles of all the characters on his chart, and if a notable member here can grab the attention of the forum, we can get a real forum game going here. I'd gladly assist in creating bingo boards.
http://s271.photobucket.com/user/Ariand54321/library/SSB4 Character Bingo?sort=3&page=1
currently in name order
future additions will just be tacked onto the front page

BUT, I suggest ordering it by filename.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Did anyone suggest Shantae yet?
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure Shantae isn't a major contender... I mean, I guess she's legal on part of both of her games being on a Nintendo handheld (with a third on the way for 3DS), but beyond that, I don't think I've seen any requests for her. Isn't she technically 3rd party? Being a somewhat obscure 3rd party character doesn't help her chances.

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/Ariand54321/library/SSB4 Character Bingo?sort=3&page=1
currently in name order
future additions will just be tacked onto the front page

BUT, I suggest ordering it by filename.
Ooh! This is excellent. One step closer to starting a Smash Bingo thread. If I can get a well-respected user here to help sponsor this, we can establish the rules and set up the board format. I'll even offer creating boards for those who can't make one themselves. Let's get started with discussing Namco-Bandai characters so we can start handing out bingo boards before E3 starts.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It was for the Miscellanious third parties. That's why I'm asking about Shantae. Lol (if we have SMT characters, might as well list another potential third party that, sadly, not many people know)

D

Deleted member

SMT is having a crossover with one of Nintendo's series.
Not a good comparison.

D

Deleted member

I think there is a bulk of support for Square Enix characters. Sora and Cloud come to mind, though only the former has any eligibility. Let's not forget the FF characters from Mario Sports Mix and Chrono from Chrono Trigger. Are we going to list them? I really don't care for Square Enix either way, I just thought I'd help cover all our bases.
I've already got Squeenix covered when I was going over crossover/guest series.

However, since Crono doesn't have as strong demand from fans, has not crossed over with a Nintendo series, has not made a guest appearance in any, has not had Nintendo characters appear as guests, and has no known support for Smash from his creator, I'm leaving him out.

Sora, sadly does have notable fan demand. However, since he is a Disney property, he will be with Ralph (and possibly Mickey, since, if we're including Disney properties as options, Mickey is kind of a necessity...) instead of with the FF and DQ characters.

Well, if we're going on the idea that the characters didn't have to originate from a video game to be included...

Batman :troll:.

Why? Because he's ****ing Batman.

In all seriousness, I think we've got most if not all bases covered.
Until Batman has notable demand, crossovers, guest appearances, company/creator support, etc., he won't be on the chart. While non-game origin is fine, there still has to be significant reasoning.
Even if it's The Goddamn Batman.
*Gets Bat Glare*

...sorry Bruce. Now stop glaring at me or I'll call up Bane.

(And yes, I know you were trolling with Batman, but I feel my explanation of Batman is needed as it also applies to other non-game origin guests.)

Chocobo and Slime duo.
....No.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
SMT is having a crossover with one of Nintendo's series.
Not a good comparison.
I wasn't trying to make a major comparison. I'm just saying that not many people know either franchise.

In SMT's case, its not very well known outside of Japan.....well until the crossover comes out. Then it will pretty much make my point moot. So whatever I guess. I just felt like tossing in Shantae anyway.

Yeah....I think I posted in the wrong thread when I mentioned the Chocobo and Slime duo.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ooh! This is excellent. One step closer to starting a Smash Bingo thread. If I can get a well-respected user here to help sponsor this, we can establish the rules and set up the board format. I'll even offer creating boards for those who can't make one themselves. Let's get started with discussing Namco-Bandai characters so we can start handing out bingo boards before E3 starts.
I already made my board, just waiting on the thread from you :p.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The thread will follow a format that all boards can be distributed to all users, regardless or not of it they have decent image manipulation skills. You can see the progress on there so far. All that's left are the Retro, Other, Brawl 3rd Party, Other 3rd Party, and Namco-Bandai characters. Based on how long it's going to take to complete the "Other Series" alone, don't expect a complete OP for a while.

Edit: Surprisingly, I'm completely up to date now. Just waiting for the batch of 3rd party characters and any other chart changes. It'll help if said changes are explained so I don't have compare every nook and cranny of the rosters.

Much appreciation for uploading all those images by the way, AEM. If it's not too much to ask, any chance you could upload a "Free Space", "Confirmed Space", and "Deconfirmed Space" in the same sizes as the rest of the portraits? People will be allowed to create their boards using the images you've provided, but the unfortunate individuals without reliable image manipulation software/experience, such spaces will let them play with HTML based boards.

Edit: Thread is almost complete. Once we finish up here, I'll be able to finish the OP of the bingo thread. All we'd need is a fancy banner and we'd be completely set for the biggest forum game to ever arise in the SSB4 forum.

D

Deleted member

Discuss Namco-Characters now.
I already have a general list in mind that can be changed, but I figured I'd let you all pitch in your ideas.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Pac-Man and Lloyd should be givens at this point, considering they're both the most requested and most likely of the Namco reps.

I don't know much about Tekken... Jin Kazama is the main protagonist, I believe. He should be another candidate if only because we have Tekken members working on the Smash team.

Who would be considered for Soul Calibur?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For Tekken the main characters considered should include: Kazuya, Heiatchi (I can never spell that right) and Jin but with Kazuya representing SFxT and H-chi being the Playstation AllStars rep, I'd say Jin.

For Soul Calibur you have Nightmare, Siegfried, Taki, Misatrugi and Patrolokos if they wanna pushthe new game.

Also Klona and DigDug/Mr. Driller could have some potential but I think they'd be more Namco X Nintendo material.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember they have to have appeared on a Nintendo console.

I wanted to suggest Bravoman but turns out he's a Turbographics-16 man.

D

Deleted member

I know Namco's got a lot of characters to work with, but let's not get too carried away....

D

Deleted member

On Namco, aside from the ones I see mentioned all the time, I also vouch for KOS-MOS. Mostly from a gameplay standpoint.

He chances are microscopic, but better than other options like Klonoa.

After all Monolith Soft, her creators, are owned by the Big N, and she has a knack for making the cut for crossover titles.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
On Namco, aside from the ones I see mentioned all the time, I also vouch for KOS-MOS. Mostly from a gameplay standpoint.

He chances are microscopic, but better than other options like Klonoa.

After all Monolith Soft, her creators, are owned by the Big N, and she has a knack for making the cut for crossover titles.
Well, she also appeared in the 3DS exclusive Project X Zone, which was partially developed by Monolith Soft.

Her chances aren't exactly the best, but she's a plausible choice among Namco characters.

D

Deleted member

Well, she also appeared in the 3DS exclusive Project X Zone, which was partially developed by Monolith Soft.

Her chances aren't exactly the best, but she's a plausible choice among Namco characters.
She did, she also appears in two Super Robot Wars games for the DS. And her first two games got remade into one game for the DS.

She qualifies under all of Sakurai's rules, the problem is being more appealing that Lloyd or PacMan, yeah defo a shot in the dark, but for the purposes of this thread, she's worth a picture on the chart.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just 6 more days until the Smash 4 Trailer! I'm pumped for the Bingo to begun! :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just 6 more days until the Smash 4 Trailer! I'm pumped for the Bingo to begun! :p
6 more day's?

* 6 more day's to speculate
* 6 more day's to hope
* 6 more day's for excitement to start
* 6 more day's for the long wait to be over
* 6 more day's before we have to wait even longer for the release.
* 6 more day's before we lose our peace and get flooded by tons of noobs requesting the likes of Goku and Master Chief. *Shudder*

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
6 more day's?

* 6 more day's to speculate
* 6 more day's to hope
* 6 more day's for excitement to start
* 6 more day's for the long wait to be over
* 6 more day's before we have to wait even longer for the release.
* 6 more day's before we lose our peace and get flooded by tons of noobs requesting the likes of Goku and Master Chief. *Shudder*
Well look at it this way. We won't know everything about it, so we can still speculate about SOME stuff.

That's always good :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well look at it this way. We won't know everything about it, so we can still speculate about SOME stuff.

That's always good :)

That's actually true, in fact we will probably have even more stuff to speculate about once we do see the trailer such as stages and any other new thing's they show off like the Final Smashes and all were back during the Brawl Trailer. Ah well.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That's actually true, in fact we will probably have even more stuff to speculate about once we do see the trailer such as stages and any other new thing's they show off like the Final Smashes and all were back during the Brawl Trailer. Ah well.
Really the only things we can't speculate anymore about are any of the characters that are revealed, and even then we can speculate about their movesets etc...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm actually in the middle of one right now. I've only played Awakening, but it takes only common sense for some things to be understood.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm actually in the middle of one right now. I've only played Awakening, but it takes only common sense for some things to be understood.

Yeah same here actually... I've beaten Fire Emblem Awakening, the game was pretty difficult until I realized I could upgrade my troops into higher ups by use of an item, then the game became a little easier (Although it was too late then because I've already reached the final boss by then. derp...
). I'm currently trying to collect as many support conversations as I can.

Whoops, make this one the Fire Emblem discussion number Trillion and one.... except this one is more bearable and peaceful...

I'm also playing through Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D as I've never played the Wii original before.

D

Deleted member

I know the last couple charts are not close to being ready yet, but please don't stray off-topic to the point M&SGuy will close this thread too.

Top Bottom