• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Golden, if you put Richard Nixon on that chart...it will truly be complete.

Along with Mike Tyson of course :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
....what logic is there for Nixon?
BECAUSE HE'S NIXON

I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT:
-appeared in Black Ops as a Zombie character ( probably not Wii version.)
-wiretapped the **** out of his enemies (good final smash)
-bombed those ******* in Cambodia
-he hates Hippies

His dog Checkers could even be an Assist Trophy!

note that i'm not being serious at all. I just love Richard Nixon :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*Sigh*

What series have we got and which characters thereof?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
But what?
Remember that Sakurai never said that characters had to originate in a video game.

EDIT:
So we got so far:
Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest
Nobunaga's Ambition
Shin Megumi Tensei
Samurai Warriors
Dead or Alive
Bomberman
Wreck-It Ralph
Scribblenauts

SSX, NBA Street, and Fight Night are excluded.
I suppose the next step is to mention characters from said franchises.

D

Deleted member

I guess so, since there doesn't seem to be others:

So:

-Chocobo
-Moogle
-Black Mage
-Cloud
-Warrior of Light
-Gilgamesh
(I know little of Final Fantasy; any other possible candidates that have been on a Nintendo system?)

-Slime
(I know VERY little of Dragon Quest; any main characters?)

-Nobunaga Oda
-Yukimura Sanada
(Any other suggestions? I just know Nobunaga Oda is a major character in both the Nobunaga's Ambition series and Samurai Warriors series, and Sanada is said to be the "standard Samurai Warriors character".)

-Kasumi
-Ryu Hayabusa (Doubles as Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden)

-Jack Frost
(I have NO knowledge of the Shin Megami Tensei series. Who would be reasonable?)

-Bomberman

-Wreck-It Ralph

-Maxwell

And this is just the ones that have guest appearances in Nintendo games, have Nintendo characters as guests in their games (or movie, in Ralph's case), or crossover with a Nintendo series.
The others we'll get to after this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
White Mage for Final Fantasy. She was playable in Mario Hoops: 3 on 3 and Sports Mix.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To add

Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 (Sqenix seems to like this game as they remake it a lot)

Ninja and Moogle from Mario Hoops

Ayane from DOA (she seems to be the darling of the marketing department)

Dragon Quest has different characters in every game (though with Akira Toriyama's style you'd be forgiven for not noticing) so that'd be an issue but here's all the ones that crossed over with Mario.
Slime • Princessa • Kiryl • Yangus • Angelo • Platypunk • Bianca • Alena • Carver • Jessica • Dragonlord • Stella • Patty

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just a thought, maybe we should post pictures to save AEM some time.

D

Deleted member

Reasonable SMT characters besides Jack Frost?

Abel (the protagonist of the first Devil Survivor game)
Demi-Fiend (one of the major protagonists that will be in FEXSMT)
The protagonist from Devil Survivor 2
Flynn (the protagonist of the new SMT4)
Aleph (The Protagonist of the second SMT game.)
The Protagonist of Strange Journey.

Ultimately, Jack Frost is literally the best choice. (He represents ATLUS and the entire SMT franchise)
Outside of Demi-Fiend, have all these characters appeared on a Nintendo system? That is the main requirement for guests.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Outside of Demi-Fiend, have all these characters appeared on a Nintendo system? That is the main requirement for guests.
Aleph was on the Super Famicom and the Devil Survivor games and Strange Journey were DS exclusives. (Devil Survivor got remade on the 3DS and Devil Survivor 2's 3DS remake is currently in development)

Jack Frost was in every SMT game and even had his own game on the Virtual Boy. (It's one of the only good games on that system)

D

Deleted member

To add

Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 (Sqenix seems to like this game as they remake it a lot) So pretty much, look for the main character of each FF that has been on a Nintendo system + the fan favorite Cloud, right?

Ninja and Moogle from Mario Hoops Moogle is already on consideration, as for Ninja, I guess I'll just have Black Mage, White Mage, and Ninja separately, as well as the three together as "Warriors of Light".

Ayane from DOA (she seems to be the darling of the marketing department) Ok.

Dragon Quest has different characters in every game (though with Akira Toriyama's style you'd be forgiven for not noticing) so that'd be an issue but here's all the ones that crossed over with Mario.
Slime • Princessa • Kiryl • Yangus • Angelo • Platypunk • Bianca • Alena • Carver • Jessica • Dragonlord • Stella • Patty
But which of these are main characters?
Responses in red.

D

Deleted member

Doing research, Dragonlord seems pretty major of a character, being the villain of the first game, so I might include him.
Bianca, according to Dragon Quests' Wiki, is seen as a mascot of sorts (outside of Slime, of course) in that she is a fan favorite and one of the most well known faces in the series (how accurate this is, I have no clue).
So of these characters, I think Slime, Dragonlord, and Bianca would be included. I'd also include Ultra Slime and a general "Dragon Warrior" slot for a hero from the games.
Anyone else that should be considered?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well you could have the character from 9 and like how Red is Pokemon Trainer, give them a title of some kind.

Anyway here's some pictures

Ayane
Cecil (Paladin and Dark Knight)

Mario Sports Final Fantasy cast

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So I know about how a lot of us have talked about playing Smash bingo with these charts. I found a little website that lets you make your own custom bingo cards, and I used it to help me create a card of my own. After exporting it as a .pdf, changing it into an image format, and editing in pictures of my predicted roster, this is what I got:

Are we going to start an official Smash Bingo game throughout the forum soon? We've got such a huge array of characters up on the OP already, it's time we do something with them.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You appear to have misread me.

I'm saying people have discussed the idea of starting bingo, using the chart as a guide for card pieces.

I'm merely asking if the community would like to turn it into a large-scale forum game, or if such ideas were merely passive jesting.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You appear to have misread me.

I'm saying people have discussed the idea of starting bingo, using the chart as a guide for card pieces.

I'm merely asking if the community would like to turn it into a large-scale forum game, or if such ideas were merely passive jesting.
I'm sure we could take this idea and make a thread specifically for it. This thread is just to keep track of all the possibilities.

D

Deleted member

In regards to the Shin Megami Tensei characters, I'm just going to limit it to Jack Frost and the main protagonists of each game in the Shin Megami Tensei series until any other of the series (Megami Tensei, Devil Survivors, Persona, etc.) are shown to be part of the crossover with Fire Emblem.
Otherwise, that's a crapton of character options....

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
In regards to the Shin Megami Tensei characters, I'm just going to limit it to Jack Frost and the main protagonists of each game in the Shin Megami Tensei series until any other of the series (Megami Tensei, Devil Survivors, Persona, etc.) are shown to be part of the crossover with Fire Emblem.
Otherwise, that's a crapton of character options....
So Jack Frost, Aleph and Flynn then.

D

Deleted member

So Jack Frost, Aleph and Flynn then.
And Demi-Fiend, First Champion (aka Sho, Kazuya, or Futsuo), and Takami Uchida.
EDIT: Strange Journey is listed as a side game in the series, so also the protag from that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok, I guess we should also take into consideration the third parties that their creators said would be interested in getting them into Smash 4.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's an idea I just had if you'd be interested Golden.

You may have already been planning on doing this, but maybe as the characters get revealed, take each character and add them to an overall chart, basically put together to show the roster.

Although that might be pointless, as they were split for a reason in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Lol, yeah. They were split for a reason.

And moving on to what Guybrush said, there haven't been any that said they'd be interested in getting them into Smash (save for maybe Team Meat, those arrogant punks).
But there have been a few that liked the idea of their characters in Smash.

So pretty much:
Mega Man (and variants)
M. Bison (though Ryu and Chun-Li would be thrown on the chart for good measure)
Layton
Travis Touchdown
Bayonetta
Meat Boy

...any others? Remember, this is non-Namco. They have their own section.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think there is a bulk of support for Square Enix characters. Sora and Cloud come to mind, though only the former has any eligibility. Let's not forget the FF characters from Mario Sports Mix and Chrono from Chrono Trigger. Are we going to list them? I really don't care for Square Enix either way, I just thought I'd help cover all our bases.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, if we're going on the idea that the characters didn't have to originate from a video game to be included...

Batman :troll:.

Why? Because he's ****ing Batman.

In all seriousness, I think we've got most if not all bases covered.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yeah, I would have said Geno if he wasn't already there.

With that, I suppose we can add Sora though I'd be happier if we didn't, Chrono, Black Mage, White Mage, Moogle, and Cactuar to the chart for Square Enix members of the 3rd Party characters.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Alright, so I'll help compile images.

Classic, X, Legends, and Battle Network Mega Man incarnates, and the Street Fighter characters.

Mega Man

Mega Man X

Mega Man Volnutt

MegaMan.EXE

Ryu

Chun-Li

M. Bison

Non-Capcom characters

Professor Layton

Travis Touchdown

Cactuar

Chocobo

Slime

Sora

Meat Boy

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd love to, but it'd take a lot of effort from at least two other people to introduce an official format for this. If AEM can create profiles of all the characters on his chart, and if a notable member here can grab the attention of the forum, we can get a real forum game going here. I'd gladly assist in creating bingo boards.

I don't want to stray too far off topic. Wait until we finish compiling the charts for 3rd Party characters and Namco-Bandai characters, and then we can focus on Smash Bingo. I'll make the thread then if nobody else will.

Top Bottom