• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've said it before and I'll say it again. While I myself don't agree with some of the choices, those particular choices are still not necessarily likely to be included. So why worry?

It's just a chart.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So when the trailer comes out are we gonna do things like highlight characters that are in and cross off ones that are deconfirmed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We can only de-confirm characters once the roster is revealed or a character is revealed as an Assist Trophy, so it will be interesting to use the charts as a checklist for the characters who made in or not.

D

Deleted member

AEM is currently working on three large charts, so the other two chart information is going to be given to him after those three are finished.
So next update is not the last one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hooray for the promise of more.

D

Deleted member

It's not exactly a promise of more.

It was originally all five charts would be in the next update and that would be the last one.
Now it's being split into two updates; three charts in this one, the last two in the next one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I still stand by my "Hooray".

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Hey guys I'm new here and I would like to share with you guys a new character that I think has a chance to make it into the next Smash Brothers.
Behold: The Panda Pokemon Pancham!

Pancham is a newly revealed Fighting type Pokemon for the 6th Generation of Pokemon. Its signature move is Parting Remark, which in Pokemon lowers the opponents Attack and Special Attack and allows the user to switch out (like U-Turn). Its Pokedex entry reads: "With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."

Reasons for Pancham making it in:
  • Pancham is from 6th gen so he is incredibly relevant to the franchise.
  • Among Pokemon fans, he is one of the more popular 6th gen reveals.
  • Because he is fighting type, he has the best movest potential among 6th gen pokemon currently revealed minus Newtwo
  • Is cute instead of monster like which can appeal to a lot of people.
Reasons he won't make it in:
  • Pokemon roster looks full with Mewtwo/Newtwo pretty much a sure thing
  • Is really small so range will be hard to work
  • While popular among Pokemon fans, he doesn't have much (if any) support to be in the new Smash Bros.
Panchum has the best 6th gen chance to get in of currently revealed Pokemon (minus Newtwo of course). The biggest problem of course is if they even add any new Pokemon to the roster not named Mewtwo. He probably wont make it in at all unless they want to cut Jigglypuff or Lucario. He could also not get in if they wanted to change the trainer to using the 6th gen Pokemon making his relevancy with 6th gen... well.... irrelevant. They probably wont do that seeing how popular the original trainer is and they probably don't want to make another 3 characters for the franchise, when it's unlikely they may even add anyone outside of Newtwo. It's possible they may reveal a new Pokemon who is a better fit, but as of right now he seems like the best shot.

I believe due to his relevancy and them wanting to add a 6th gen Pokemon that isn't just a new form of an old Pokemon he has a better chance then a lot of other Pokemon on the chart. I think he has better chances then Deoxys, Gardevoir, Victini, Plusle & Minum, Darkrai, Dragonite, and Scizor.

Pancham size could be quite the issue, but that could possibly be solved with his evolved form when he's revealed down the line. The last problem is his support for smash which is probably nonexistent at this point in time. It's possible once the games come out and having some role in the anime perhaps he will start to gain some support. I think that if they wanted to go in a direction were they didn't want to add a monster like Pokemon and one of the smaller cuter ones he would be the ideal choice. My odds of him getting are probably in the >10% range, but probably greater then some of the others on the chart.

Thanks guys that's all I got. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong and he has a 0% chance of getting in :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do have to say I like Pancham (not my favorite of the 6th Gen, but definitely up there, after Froakie, Gogoat, and Fletchling), but I honestly think he'll get Poke Ball reatment at best. With the roster being more than likely completely decided by this point in time, there would need to be a really strong clamor for Pancham to make it in, which at this point, there is not.

Nice to have you though, and you can definitely make a Pancham thread if you want, provided that you add lots of details, and maybe a moveset, as well.

Also, as a tip: don't use the "irrelevant" argument (specifically against Jiggs, in this case), as it generally doesn't go too well. ;)

SteelerD24

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Stee#185
Thanks for replying and I agree he is far more likely to be a Pokeball than a playable character. Also I edited the post to get rid of the irrelevant stuff, don't want to accidentally want to start a flame war on my first post :p.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It would probably be better to make it it's own thread. Still nice work on the arguments.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Expect an update today.

You mention that he is the most popular of the Gen 6 Reveals. BUT the roster was most likely decided a year or two ago, a long time before Pancham could have even been in existence and before the Pokemon company could have even thought of how people would have reacted to him.

Mewtwo is really the only the safe X and Y Rep in a development position during them deciding the roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Generation 4 and Brawl were in development at roughly the same time and Lucario was shown off early making him a good choice. If we follow this pattern then the New Mewtwo is the best choice. This doesn't mean much but I thought I'd throw it out there.

D

Deleted member

Retros and Other Series 2 added, with an update on Fire Emblem's chart that AEM made due to the complaints on Micaiah's artwork.

Other Series 1 will be added shortly after AEM and I clear up a decision about a particular part.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey guys, sorry for the delay but I now have all of the stuff I was supposed to post today! So here they are!
UPDATE
RETRO FRANCHISES​
RETRO < SERIES > PIKMIN​
PIKMIN < SERIES > BRAWL​
FIRE EMBLEM (made Micaiah cute again due to popular demand)​

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Man, I have zero knowledge on so many of the characters. :laugh:
That was basically what I thought when Golden told me the list.

It was not fun finding pictures for these characters, ESPECIALLY since I didn't know the franchises some of these guys even came from. Heracles doesn't even HAVE a known piece of official OR fanmade artwork.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So does that mean that the HAL Labs retros were officially booted from the retros section? Or are they simply getting a section unto themselves?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The charts look great. But, could you list the games where some of those characters come from? :confused:
Because I have no idea who they are! :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It may be best to put the list in a collapse box under the chart as if you include the games in the chart it'll get crowded.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
how come you used the sprite for the urban champion and the box art for every one else?

also dose anyone know who the marvelous heroes and mike anderson are?

_Ronan

Smash Rookie
also dose anyone know who the marvelous heroes and mike anderson are?
Did a little research and found that the Marvelous Heroes are from a SNES game called Marvelous: Mōuhitotsu no Takarajima (the game was Japan only), and Mike Anderson is a character from a SNES game called Battle Clash.

Haven't heard of either of them.

Mike Anderson for SSB4 #1!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who is the Icarus Guy at the bottom of this chart?
RETRO < SERIES > PIKMIN

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Did a little research and found that the Marvelous Heroes are from a SNES game called Marvelous: Mōuhitotsu no Takarajima (the game was Japan only), and Mike Anderson is a character from a SNES game called Battle Clash.
thanks

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
apologies for the double post but i believe you've got the wrong character in the hiroshi spot

i believe thats the rival from card hero and hiroshi looks like this

D

Deleted member

apologies for the double post but i believe you've got the wrong character in the hiroshi spot

i believe thats the rival from card hero and hiroshi looks like this
*sigh*
AEM, you got one more thing to change on that chart...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And a massive scream of anguish was let out across all of California.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
GUYS ONE MORE UPDATE AFTER THIS. (really sure this time)

UPDATE
BRAWL < SERIES > SSB4 (Nick / Captain Rainbow wins smallest text at 5)
BRAWL THIRD PARTY FRANCHISES​
RETRO < SERIES > PIKMIN (Fixed Hiroshi)​

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is Mr Hanafuda going to be there?
Wouldn't count on it.

Considering that he is a made up character having the sole purpose of representing Hanafuda cards when Nintendouji can do that and is an already existing character.

Top Bottom