• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
a random custom character from Fire Emblem.
What? Do you even know his importance to FE13's plot? He's almost as important as Chrom. He also has a major role in FE12.

Moreover, there is no need for him to be a custom character. He can use his default appearance.

Most importantly, him being a custom character isn't the reason why we support him.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Irrelevant, we aren't talking about relative probabilities. And again, I don't claim Adeleine being a likely character for Smash 4.

I see no reason for Sakurai to add custom characters from other series.

Firstly, custom characters don't belong in Smash since it's supposed to gather some of Nintendo's finest characters from different well-known series (of course, Sonic and Snake excluded...)

Secondly, if, for some odd reason, Sakurai would want a custom character in Smash 4, he can always choose Miis, who actually has meant something for Nintendo, being representatives of games selling millions of copies with the huge successes as Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit and thereby being iconic for Nintendo of today.

Thirdly, even adding a new custom character mode in Smash would be a better idea than adding a random custom character from Fire Emblem.
Robin(My Unit) is barely a custom character. You have barely any more control over their character development than any other character in the game. Additionally, if you're going to bring up their appearance, Sakurai could just do what Bioware does with Shepard in Mass Effect and just have a canon design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Custom character or not, Robin/Avatar/My Unit can also bring a unique moveset, combining swordplay and magic.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There's also the fact that Robin could potentially bring elements from every class in the game(sans Villager/Merchant, Dance, Lord, Manakete, and Taguel).

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'm going to have to mostly agree with Ove, if we were to have custom characters (Which I don't approve of) it would most likely be Miis. It would seem unnecessary to include two separate customizable characters and I feel that these custom characters would take away from the series as a whole. While they could very well put in Robin into Smash, I personally feel that Chrom and Roy have much better chances than the FE Awakening Avatar. (Anna might even have a higher chance depending on how Frostwraith's counterargument page goes)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to mostly agree with Ove, if we were to have custom characters (Which I don't approve of) it would most likely be Miis. It would seem unnecessary to include two separate customizable characters and I feel that these custom characters would take away from the series as a whole. While they could very well put in Robin into Smash, I personally feel that Chrom and Roy have much better chances than the FE Awakening Avatar. (Anna might even have a higher chance depending on how Frostwraith's counterargument page goes)
There is no reason why FE13's Avatar needs to be a custom character.

IS typically uses a hood whenever they need to dodge that obstacle. It covers the eyes and hair. If sakurai were to consult IS like he usually does, they would either bring up a hooded character or a canon appearance such as the default avatar.

D

Deleted member

Kid Icarus time is over; Wario time is here.

So other than his great fatness, the three on the chart, and Kat & Ana, it's pretty much most every character left, huh?
Wario, Kat & Ana, Jimmy T., Mona, Dribble & Spitz, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Dr. Crygor, Ashley, Young Cricket, and Penny.
And for good measure due to Shake It!, Captain Syrup and Shake King.

Any suggestions, if there is any left?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ahoy! Thar be tha' missing s---storm!

About Wario, Waluigi is technically a Mario Character and we've already discussed him. But if he gets in game will he have the Mushroom Symbol, Wario's or his own?

splat

Smash Lord
I don't think Waluigi ever appeared in a Wario game, did he?

I'd be quite awkward if he'd be put in the Wario series for that reason.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He isn't part of either Wario series and he doesn't have his own series, so it would stand to reason he would have the Mario symbol, like in Brawl, if he was to be included.

He should really appear in a Wario game by now though.

D

Deleted member

He isn't part of either Wario series and he doesn't have his own series, so it would stand to reason he would have the Mario symbol, like in Brawl, if he was to be included.

He should really appear in a Wario game by now though.
Wario and Waluigi Partners in Crime when?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Its hard to justify a new wario character over an other. Unless its Waluigi who is debatably not a wario character...

splat

Smash Lord
Wait, I said it backwards...

Why would LUIGI team up with Wario?
Mario being kidnapped and Luigi's too much of a scaredy cat to rescue him alone. Something like that.

I'd rather have this:

I guess 4 is a bit outdated now, but whatevah.
I saw that too, but I had the same issue ManlySpirit seems to have: I had no idea why the four would get together, so I went for Wario & Luigi.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Remember they're just a group of actors, if the script calls for it they'll get together. :troll:

Seriously though, Mario has teamed with Bowser, a baby version of himself, has gone inside Bowser and is about to infiltrate Luigi's dreams. Considering he has teamed up with Wario before I don't think dragging Waluigi along would be too much more of a stretch.

splat

Smash Lord
Remember they're just a group of actors, if the script calls for it they'll get together. :troll:

Seriously though, Mario has teamed with Bowser, a baby version of himself, has gone inside Bowser and is about to infiltrate Luigi's dreams. Considering he has teamed up with Wario before I don't think dragging Waluigi along would be too much more of a stretch.
True, true. Though Mario as a character is quite.. boring. Wario and Luigi are much more interesting (at least, so I think) character-wise.

Anywho, Waluigi shouldn't appear in the Wario series list.

D

Deleted member

C'mon, everyone knows Mario and Bowser are secretly Bros.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really love that song. I've even downloaded it from OC Remix. In fact, my first avatar here was taken from a flash video of that song. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I really love that song. I've even downloaded it from OC Remix. In fact, my first avatar here was taken from a flash video of that song. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure it's Hyadain who does it.

He also did that awesome Street Fighter song, and that convience store song.

It's funny because he has to openly make sure his viewers know it's a MAN who does the cute girly voices.

D

Deleted member

I guess Wario's done now.
We're almost done with veterans.
Next series (and probably the last series that is by itself) is Pikmin.

...not much to do here. I guess just what, Olimar, Louie, The President, and the three Pikmin 3 Captains?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... A playable bulborb, would be interesting to see how they pull that off.

But seriously. Unless they go the Servbot route and have a playable Pikmin I can't see any more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, unless by some ungodly reason they decide to add Emperor Bulblax, I think the ones Golden listed should suffice.

D

Deleted member

Next topic is a doozy, so give me a minute to decide what I want to do with it.
It's going to be Retros, but I wonder if I should split them by console of origin (I.e. pre-console, NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom, Game Boy)
Some will be relatively smaller in comparison, such as Game Boy and pre-console, but the NES and SNES ones will be kind of big. (Especially NES)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about by era? One for "NES and earlier" and one for "SNES and Gameboy"?

splat

Smash Lord
I think they cut the fourth character because you're only allowed to control three in the game - probably after re-balancing the difficulty they settled on three as opposed to four. I do somewhat hope the fourth captain will appear somewhere though, I feel kind of bad for the little green-haired bugger. Olimar is confirmed to appear somewhere in the game, too.

Also, in case people are wondering how the captains look like in-game (big image):

Top Bottom