• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Yuyuki's Goku will probably be on the chart in the Retros, but DBZ's Goku will not be on the chart.

I don't understand the whole "Namco Bandai working on Smash Bros. means Goku can get in" logic with people.
Last I checked, NB doesn't own the DBZ franchise; just the rights to make video games for it. Same deal with Naruto, One Piece, and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.
If Goku has a "shot", so does Naruto, Luffy, and Jotaro.

D

Deleted member

Yuyuki's Goku will probably be on the chart in the Retros, but DBZ's Goku will not be on the chart.

I don't understand the whole "Namco Bandai working on Smash Bros. means Goku can get in" logic with people.
Last I checked, NB doesn't own the DBZ franchise; just the rights to make video games for it. Same deal with Naruto, One Piece, and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.
If Goku has a "shot", so does Naruto, Luffy, and Jotaro.
Well, if I had to be honest. Between those 4 Goku would be the most deserving. He's a much bigger icon than the others after all.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, I would have to agree.
Dragon's Ballz has been quite the worldwide phenomenon for years.
The series has a frigging crapton of games dating back from the original NES/Famicom.

If there were to be one non-video game character (if not Popeye), it would probably be Goku.

EDIT: For shiz and giggles, do you think that new Super Saiyan God form would be his Final Smash?

D

Deleted member

Alright, I have decided to just put all of the Retros together, so bear with this.
Given that what Sakurai said about certain Retros was merely going through a process of elimination for his NES "ambassador" of sorts in Melee, those characters will not be excluded (aside from Excitebiker, who will be on a separate chart due to being "revived" through Excitebike: World Rally). This is because characters like Pit, R.O.B., and Smash 4 hopeful Takamaru were likely on this list and eliminated for whatever reason as well, yet were added to Brawl or are seen as likely to be added to Smash 4.

One of the main issues though is Sukapon, who Sakurai actually said not to expect in the future. Out of fairness, however, he will be included as well. So without further ado, here is the list:

Pre-console:
Mr. Game & Watch
Sheriff

NES/Famicom:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Balloon Fighter
Alice (technically, she's Game Boy, but she's part of the Balloon Fight franchise, which debuted on the NES/Famicom)
Bubbles
Urban Champion
Sukapon
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
Foreman Spike (was seen as separate from the Mario franchise on Sakurai's pre-Melee poll)
Fighter Hayabusa
Goku (Yuyuki, not Dragon Ball)
Donbe & Hikari
Mike Jones

SNES/Super Famicom:
Dr. Wright
Lip
Heroes of the Marvelous (Dion, Max, and Jack)
Mike Anderson/ST Falcon
Hakkun

Game Boy:
Muddy Mole
Sabure Prince

Anyone else to add?

Not Super Sand Lesbian?
For some reason, I would imagine Super Saiyan being just a powered-up state that Goku could use if he actually was in Smash. I see something like Spirit Bomb or even Dragon Fist as a Final Smash.

Oh god...

Didn't that end up being incredibly lame?
No clue.

D

Deleted member

Wow, four hours and no suggestions.
I guess I really did enough research and get all potential options.

Next category is "Non-Retro series prior to Pikmin not represented with a character", otherwise known as "Other 1".
This spans quite a bit of series, so we have a bit to go by.

Animal Crossing
Punch-Out!!
Sin & Punishment
Golden Sun
Nintendo Wars
Custom Robo
Kururin
Excitebike

...and that's just the Assist series.
Aside from them, we have a lot of series, but the only ones I see with viable fighters are
Wave Race
Doshin the Giant
Glory of Heracles

Before we get into characters, is there any series that someone would like to suggest? And yes, I did look at 1080 Avalanche, but I can't see a character working from that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... I think we're forgetting a series but I just don't know which one...

Maybe a playable Cubivore would be a left field choice but that game is only popular among LPers for the sheer WTF factor. Gawd only knows how they'd make a moveset out of it.

D

Deleted member

Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness?

Edit:

Actually, I think those are 3rd Party so never mind.

Edit Edit:

Wave Race 64?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Geist? Or did that come after Pikmin?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So do we discuss the character in those series now?

D

Deleted member

If there isn't anymore series to include, then I guess so.

I have already planned the following:
Villager
Mr. Resetti
Tom Nook
Little Mac
Saki
Isa
Isaac (just Isaac; no "Young Isaac" and "Adult Isaac")
Matthew
Andy
Will
Grunt
Ray MK III
Ray 01
Ray
Ray MK II
Kururin
Excitebiker
Ryota Hayami
Doshin/Jashin
Heracles (Can't find any artwork of the real Heracles, BTW)
Hero (Glory of Heracles DS) (SPOILER BELOW)
a.k.a. Icarus

Lark

Any other suggestions?

D

Deleted member

"Non-Retro series prior to Pikmin not represented with a character"
How many times do I have to stress this?!
Sorry to sound upset, but I've constantly had to remind people that the characters are supposed to be from series before Pikmin, and I've even stated that Geist and Eternal Darkness came after Pikmin.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My mistake. (-_-);

For a moment I thought we had changed the subject. Had the idea that Golden Sun was released after Pikmin...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any of the Japan only Advance war games really popular and remembered there? May wanna include the main man of that.

D

Deleted member

There is no character to include.

EDIT: Never mind. Finally found some characters.

Or at least just Yuan Delta from Super Famicom Wars. I can't find any characters from the other games.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac has yet to get in.

Main characters before secondary ones.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought Little Mac counted as a revived series. But when we get round to him put King Hippo in as well.

splat

Smash Lord
Little Mac has yet to get in.

Main characters before secondary ones.
Advocate's devil: Fire Emblem showed us in Melee that a franchise could enter with two characters.
Also, King Hippo could be considered in the same boat as Palutena: both are an important, secondary character in a recently revived series - but Palutena is put in rosters everywhere, while King Hippo is largely ignored. That's a bit of a double standard, isn't it?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Doc Louis is more important the King Hippo and could fit into the role of an important secondary character. King Hippo is not an important secondary character in a vein to Palutena, he's more comparable to the Eggplant Wizard. He's just another foe but gets a tad more publicity then the others.

D

Deleted member

You guys seriously overestimate King Hippo's possibility and overrate his significance.

1. The only thing Hippo has outside of two games in the series is Captain N.
In comparison, we have Bald Bull, who has been in almost every game in the series (the only one he wasn't in was the Arcade Super Punch-Out), is the only character other than Mac to appear in a non-Punch-Out!! game (he was one of the opponents in Arm Wrestling as "Mask X"), and is very iconic and notable throughout the world as being that one tough S.O.B.
Even Family Guy makes a direct acknowledgement of him when Peter asks God for cheat codes to Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! because he's stuck on Bald Bull.
And then there's the giant statue made of Legos given out as one of the door prizes for a Child's Play charity event (along with a Mega Man statue and a Sonic statue)....

If there were to be a 2nd PO character, it'd be Bull, not Hippo. Or it would be Doc, but that's another discussion entirely.

2. Using Fire Emblem as an excuse is idiotic. The only reason it got two characters to start with was because one was a last minute clone of the other when the roster was expanded due to extra time. So unless you're thinking Hippo will easily serve as a last-minute clone of Mac, that's no reason to assume PO is likely to get a 2nd character right off the bat.

3. Palutena and no Hippo is not a double standard for multiple reasons.
-Pit was playable in Brawl. Little Mac was not.
-Kid Icarus Uprising was a huge worldwide success. Punch-Out!! Wii was only a mild success within North America and Europe.
-Palutena is a highly requested character worldwide. Barely anyone requests King Hippo let alone any boxer other than Little Mac (and even then, Little Mac has only North America and Europe gunning for him).
-Uprising was developed by Sakurai himself.
-As stated before, King Hippo is not that important to his series. Palutena on the other hand, is the namesake of her series in Japan and is an overall major character.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Hippo; in fact, he's my favorite opponent.
But logically, his chance won't come until the game after this upcoming one, since Mac himself has yet to join the fight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was wondering when someone would bring up Bald Bull's notoriety.

D

Deleted member

Sami:

People always mention her, though my personal vote goes to this girl, mostly cause she's SMOKIN'

Top Bottom