• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Porky, Kumatora, Poo and Claus are in my opinion the most likely Mother newcomers.

Wish Sigurd could have a chance somehow...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mother should probably only be Porky and Masked Man. I really don't think anybody else would get in.

F-Zero I would say Goroh and Black Shadow again. Or Blood Falcon :troll:
Ninten would complete the whole entire Mother series in general, then we have Ninten, Ness, and Lucas. I think adding Porky or Masked Man would've been a late bad option, Porky instead was a boss in Brawl instead of a playable character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For F-Zero I'd suggest Jody Summers and for Mother I'd just blanket suggest all the playable characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart, Pico, Jody Summers, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow (Remainder of the original racers from SNES F-Zero plus Black Shadow, Jody Summers and Blood Falcon)

EarthBound (Mother): Masked Man, Porky, Jeff, Kumatora, Ninten (The most popular choices plus orignal Mother's protagonist)

D

Deleted member

Seeing as apparently we started the next series without me, I'll go ahead and just do BOTH.
F-Zero: C. Falcon, S. Goroh, B. Shadow, Pico, Dr. Stewart, J. Summer, B. Falcon, Deathborn, Phoenix, R. Wheeler/Suzaku
I think that covers it.

Mother: Ness, Lucas, Porky, Jeff, Ninten, Poo, Paula, Kumatora, Duster, Boney, Claus
I think that should cover it.

Any objections?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For Mother, you can add the honeybee who assists you in the beginning of the game. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok, so what's the next series?

D

Deleted member

Next is ICE CLIMBER!
JK.

Yeah, next would be the other elephant in the room, Fire Emblem.
Though I will wait to see if there is anything else for F-Zero/Mother.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Polar Bear :)

But for reals, to get the obvious suggestions out of the way: Roy, Lyn, Michichchachaca, Chrom, the Player/Robin/Tactitian, Masked Marth/Lucina

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To avoid a ****storm, add all the FE lords from the internationally released FE games + Roy and Anna. That should cover it.

So, the list is this:
Marth, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Lucina, Anna, My Unit/Robin.

Maybe toss in Sigurd as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To avoid a ****storm, add all the FE lords from the internationally released ALL FE games + Roy and Anna. That should cover it.

So, the list is this:
Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Lucina, Anna, My Unit/Robin.

Maybe toss in Sigurd as well.
Fixed for truth.

Better put all the lords alongside Anna to avoid yet another FE ****storm.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah right.

I think Flint from Mother 3 had a cult following (and Lol-worthy flash animation) during Brawl's build-up but I'm not sure how he stands up today.

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess it's time for FIYAH EMBLUHM.
Obviously, everyone on the chart is going to stay as well as Marth, Ike, and Lyn for their appearances in Brawl.
The idea of just including every main character + Anna has been brought up. I wonder if this is the route that should be taken.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The idea of just including every main character + Anna has been brought up. I wonder if this is the route that should be taken.
It's pretty much the only way to avoid controversy. Though realistically you could probably leave out Alm, Celicia, Seliph, and Leif.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
FIRE EMBLEM!!!

I think all main characters plus Anna is the best choice, lest a ****storm happens.
All Lords + Anna + Robin / Avatar

Unrelated, but still related... check my signature: below the support icons, below the links to my threads.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh and Sothe for his main role in FE: Radiant Dawn.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just gonna throw something out here. How about Snorlax?

To this day, from what I've seen, he's still one of the most well-known and fondly-remembered Pokemon from the 1st Generation, and has been in all three Smash Bros. games as a Poke Ball Pokemon, doing the same move each time. He's fairly memetic, to boot, albeit in a mocking sort of way (I can't tell you how many times I've heard random people whisper "A Wild Snorlax Appeared" when an obese person walks by, as sad as that is...). That, and he offers the colossal and slow heavyweight niche that no one in Smash really has yet.

Like I said, just throwing it out there.
I know Pokemon's day is over, but man...no responses to this? Oh well.

Anyway, onto T3H PH1R3 3M8L3M.

All lords + Anna + Awakening Avatar should cover all bases and avoid most ****storms.

D

Deleted member

It's pretty much the only way to avoid controversy. Though realistically you could probably leave out Alm, Celicia, Seliph, and Leif.
I think that Seliph should stay due to being the main lord of Fire Emblem 4 and Leaf due to being possibly considered for Melee (although the source is questionable) and playing an important role in both FE4 and FE5 (he was also a Master Knight for FE4).

Not that they has a chance, but they're both worth a mention.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem?

Only one suggestion:

I also suggest that picture... If I'm allowed... You know... just sayian.

D

Deleted member

Could it be? Could Fire Emblem really be over in less than a day?

HALLE-FRICKING-LUJAH

Now we can move on to Kid Icarus, which will probably end soon as well.
After all, Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Dark Pit, and Magnus probably would suffice.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was expecting more of a ****storm to brew. Boooooooo.

So, Kid Icarus time? Well, can't really point out anyone in particular considering that you've pretty much pointed out everything that needs to be said. Well, except for Pseudo-Palutena.

At least she's beautiful, hehe.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Only other characters I've seen supported outside of those you mentioned are Thanatos, Pandora and Pyrrhon, the latter of the three probably being mostly for humor purposes. Their supporters are pretty few and far between however. I personally don't feel they're really worth adding, but hey if you're aiming to be all-inclusive, I've seen it happen.

I remember Eggplant Wizard used to be pretty popular back in the pre-Brawl days. There might still have some supporters kicking around, but they've definitely diminished since pre-Brawl days.

D

Deleted member

I know Pokemon's day is over, but man...no responses to this? Oh well.
We're way past that, but I might as well answer.
Snorlax is comparable to Mew in that sense, as Mew also appeared in Smash in all three games with the same role.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pseudo-Palutena actually could be an alt. costume for Palutena.

It would be so beautiful if it happened... :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One last suggestion: Eggplant Wizard. (Iconic villain and a recurring foe in Captain N).

If there's no more suggestions, what's the next series?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
At least, he/she is likelier than Adeleine. :smirk:
Irrelevant, we aren't talking about relative probabilities. And again, I don't claim Adeleine being a likely character for Smash 4.

I see no reason for Sakurai to add custom characters from other series.

Firstly, custom characters don't belong in Smash since it's supposed to gather some of Nintendo's finest characters from different well-known series (of course, Sonic and Snake excluded...)

Secondly, if, for some odd reason, Sakurai would want a custom character in Smash 4, he can always choose Miis, who actually has meant something for Nintendo, being representatives of games selling millions of copies with the huge successes as Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit and thereby being iconic for Nintendo of today.

Thirdly, even adding a new custom character mode in Smash would be a better idea than adding a random custom character from Fire Emblem.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You took my comment too seriously, but, let me point your argument's flaw:

Secondly, if, for some odd reason, Sakurai would want a custom character in Smash 4, he can always choose Miis, who actually has meant something for Nintendo, being representatives of games selling millions of copies with the huge successes as Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit and thereby being iconic for Nintendo of today.
Miis mean something for Nintendo, yet the custom avatar from Fire Emblem (you know, a Nintendo series) doesn't? Sounds biased to me.

Who's to say, if Sakurai adds a character editor (which he implied in one interview), he couldn't draw from both Miis and the Avatars from Fire Emblem?
Perhaps, the Mii and the FE Avatar could be character templates among others (like a Fighting Polygon, Wire Frame or Alloy from previous SSB games), wouldn't you think?

Top Bottom