• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Eh, James doesn't really strike as plausible in any sense.

I'm wondering if I should just move to the first elephant of the room now...

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Only Starfox character that really has any place among those already up there is Andross, but he's consistently waaaay too massive (insert Ridley joke) to believably work outside of like, a human-sized form or something equally as convoluted

D

Deleted member

Tricky is unfeasible.

Welp, now it's time for the first big one. Pokémon.
Already going to be on chart: Everyone on chart plus Smash characters (besides Mewtwo).

One rule, no Trainers, please. I'll go ahead and make a general indeterminable Trainer spot with indeterminable Pokémon, but that's it.
Another rule, keep it logical. No Dunsparces, Magikarps, Luvdiscs, etc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokémon? Blaziken, Scrafty, Golurk and Deoxys.

And, of course, Dunsparce, Magikarp, Unown and Stunfisk! :troll:

D

Deleted member

No trainers...

Damn, I wanted Cynthia and N.

K, then Meowth.

EDIT:

Here's a suggestion. Instead of Zoroark, why not Zoroark and N?

D

Deleted member

There will be no "instead of"s.
If there is to be "Zoroark and N", there will be one next to Zoroark alone.

D

Deleted member

Confirmed: Entire Pokémon chart is scrapped except Entei.
In fact, every character on every chart is replaced with Entei.
:awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, you better put Dragonite up there.

Why? Well, this highly classy and constructed video should answer every question and convince you that Dragonite might be worth it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Darkrai should be added. As well as Clefairy.

D

Deleted member

Well of course. Godzilla is so big, he needs that much space. :troll:

Alright, so the Consideration List so far is as follows: General Trainer Slot (though I may also add N and Cynthia separately due to how significant the two are), Blaziken, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Meowth, Dragonite, Clefairy, Darkrai.
I will also add Plusle and Minun, given that "pra_mai" may or may not be them.

Pichu is already going to be in, since he is a veteran.
...eh what the Hell, I'll throw in Dunsparce as a troll spot. After all, he was a popular vote on that one poll. :awesome:
What about Heracross? I've heard that Heracross was a popular 2nd Gen Pokémon during Melee's development.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You could always replace Godzilla with Tyranitar... you know, licensing issues. :troll:

Alright, so the Consideration List so far is as follows: General Trainer Slot (though I may also add N and Cynthia separately due to how significant the two are), Blaziken, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Meowth, Dragonite, Clefairy, Darkrai.
Seems good to me. Those are among the most requested Pokémon for Smash.

...eh what the Hell, I'll throw in Dunsparce as a troll spot. After all, he was a popular vote on that one poll. :awesome:
What about Heracross? I've heard that Heracross was a popular 2nd Gen Pokémon during Melee's development.
Heracross was popular during pre-Melee? Might as well add it in the chart.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The other popular Gen 2 Pokemon for a character is Scizor but I have no real evidence besides hearsay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm just gonna throw something out here. How about Snorlax?

To this day, from what I've seen, he's still one of the most well-known and fondly-remembered Pokemon from the 1st Generation, and has been in all three Smash Bros. games as a Poke Ball Pokemon, doing the same move each time. He's fairly memetic, to boot, albeit in a mocking sort of way (I can't tell you how many times I've heard random people whisper "A Wild Snorlax Appeared" when an obese person walks by, as sad as that is...). That, and he offers the colossal and slow heavyweight niche that no one in Smash really has yet.

Like I said, just throwing it out there.

D

Deleted member

By the way, you better put Dragonite up there.

Why? Well, this highly classy and constructed video should answer every question and convince you that Dragonite might be worth it.

It might not be STAB, but a x4 Ice Beam still hurts like a *****. Plus Starmie has mad Sp.Attack, AND it's faster than Dragonite.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know that they aren't incredibly likely, but do keep Zael and Aeron in the new series pool.

I know we aren't on that yet, but I really like the prospect of them being playable. :awesome:

EDIT: If any of you are interested, I just posted a thread for Aeron from Pandora's Tower. Take a look!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Peppy deserves a spot on there. I really could see him as a WTF character.
already on.

..I think. pretty sure it is though.

EDIT:wow just realized I responded to a page old post.

anyways, you taken any grovyle from PMD suggestions yet?

D

Deleted member

PMD specific characters are too random. And while yes, I did say Dunsparce, I was joking.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
hey guys im not complaining here or anything but

plz dont work me to death

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking maybe we should cut down on a few Pokémon. Pretty soon we'd be adding almost the entire cast.
So I'm going to go ahead and cut Clefairy off the Considerations to start.
Between Scizor and Heracross, despite Heracross being popular back then, I should probably not go with it (and by my understanding, it's requests were mainly on Smashboards). Scizor on the other hand, is a rather notable Pokémon at this time, especially in the competitive aspect. Funny enough, Scizor's trophy in Melee even states it's a popular Pokémon back then as well, being "quite popular among collectors".

Dragonite has the anime going for it right now, as Iris' Dragonite is pretty damn marketable at this time.
Meowth has always been a notable Pokémon due to the anime.
Deoxys has been very popular during Brawl's time, and still is very popular as a Pokémon, being 3rd place on Japan's Favorite Pokémon Poll before B/W came out.
Darkrai was 2nd place on that poll, so Darkrai has merit.
Plusle & Minun are iconic 3rd Gen Pokémon and possibly have Brawl data going for them (again, possibly).
Blaziken is rather notable as well, being a popular 3rd Gen request (from what I know) during Brawl's development.
Same with Gardevoir.

N and Cynthia are notable Trainers, so they work out.

I honestly think we should stop here.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Mother should probably only be Porky and Masked Man. I really don't think anybody else would get in.

F-Zero I would say Goroh and Black Shadow again. Or Blood Falcon :troll:

Top Bottom