• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In anycase I don't think Plusle & Minum or Pichu have a chance for Smash 4. Gen 6's Pikachu equivalent might have a hope in heck but we need to see what timescale Smash is being developed on. Pokemon Gen 6 is released in Autumn so they'd need longer than that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In anycase I don't think Plusle & Minum or Pichu have a chance for Smash 4. Gen 6's Pikachu equivalent might have a hope in heck but we need to see what timescale Smash is being developed on. Pokemon Gen 6 is released in Autumn so they'd need longer than that.
Pichu is the single most popular Pokemon from the second generation, and he was used to promote HeartGold/SoulSilver (notched-ear Pichu, ukulele Pichu). I say he is plausible just on that alone.

His only shots though are though:
1. If Sakurai wants to bring EVERYONE back.
2. If Sakurai somehow makes him work as a costume for Pikachu (the self-damage mechanic for Pichu and the different body shape makes me doubt this though).
3. DLC for Smash 4 happens.

If there is character DLC for Smash 4, Pichu surprisingly will be among Sakurai's top choices for it.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could believe that Pichu had a realistic shot of returning if we get DLC, but the thing is, he wasn't planned to return. This indicates to me that I don't think Sakurai wants him back.

So even if DLC happens, I feel as Pichu is an unlikely addition. But I would love to be proven wrong.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't have anything against Pichu, but looking at him today, I don't see why one would pay for a clone that even hurts himself and was meant to be a joke character.

They better rebrand Pichu to me or it's just no-no idea to make him a DLC.

D

Deleted member

I don't have anything against Pichu, but looking at him today, I don't see why one would pay for a clone that even hurts himself and was meant to be a joke character.

it'd be great if DLC characters were made for free. Of course that's probably asking for too much... :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Well, we don't know whether DLC for Smash 4 will cost money for one. For some games like Animal Crossing New Leaf, DLC is free.

Namco also made DLC characters free for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and they are the ones developing the game (though Nintendo is publishing it).

Also, even if Pichu cost money, I think a lot of people would still buy him just for completion sake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still, Pichu's in the "unlikely to be shipped with the game" category.

What do you think the chances of a Smash character like a playable Primid or "Tabuu that keeps his feet on the ground" would be?

splat

Smash Lord
What do you think the chances of a Smash character like a playable Primid or "Tabuu that keeps his feet on the ground" would be?
I thought of this a while ago, and it would make sense in some way, as we're approaching the fourth and fifth games already, which makes it more games than, say, Earthbound/Mother. Tabuu was defeated at the end of SSE, so they could make him return in some weakened form (there's quite a few awesome moves he uses that could be specials), but I doubt Sakurai's humility would allow a Smash original in the roster. Also, I doubt many fans would like it, really.

Of course, there could also be the alloy/wireframe/polygon character, but the lack of specials wouldn't really work well.

Angiance

Smash Lord
They'll more then likely make every character unlockable without DLC, as they have in the past; which is good, because not everyone can afford the internet.

The only DLC would be like, new character outfits; anything that's not game breaking

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
They'll more then likely make every character unlockable without DLC, as they have in the past; which is good, because not everyone can afford the internet.

The only DLC would be like, new character outfits; anything that's not game breaking
I don't really think that really matters considering that they have released DLC for most other games they have. What would make Smash different? Especially when DLC for Super Smash Bros is a cash cow.

D

Deleted member

A Smash-original character wouldn't be out there, but like a lot of things (such as a walking Andross), it would be more like a WTF moment as very few would see it coming.

However, using an existing Smash character such as Tabuu, Primids, Master Hand, etc. is even less likely. This is why there isn't any on the chart.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't really think that really matters considering that they have released DLC for most other games they have. What would make Smash different? Especially when DLC for Super Smash Bros is a cash cow.
Well there is the matter of online compatibility. Alt costumes, they can just render the character in their defaults on the machines without the DLC, alt characters, a different kettle of Goldeen.

Let's not forget the ****storm Capcom has created when it comes to putting DLC character Data directly on the Disc.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well there is the matter of online compatibility. Alt costumes, they can just render the character in their defaults on the machines without the DLC, alt characters, a different kettle of Goldeen.

Let's not forget the ****storm Capcom has created when it comes to putting DLC character Data directly on the Disc.
Well consider what Netherealm Studios did with Mortal Kombat 9. They released 4 DLC characters, and each time, there was a system update so that other users who did not have the characters could play against them, even without the characters. Take map packs as another example. Every time there is a new map pack released for a game like Gears of War or Halo, there is an update for compatibility. This allows everyone to play, even if they don't have the characters.

That type of issue i'm sure will not be a problem. That is essentially one of the basics for DLC nowadays. I've said it once and i'll say it again, if they introduce DLC, not releasing characters would be a huge opportunity missed as far as profit. Sure all the other ideas would be nice, but characters are the major selling point.

EDIT: Also, Nintendo doesn't usually try to screw over their consumers, so I doubt they would have day one DLC like some games. Looking at you Mass Effect 3

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Same could be said for the Metroid and Andross assist trophies. Both were assist trophies and been in their respective series since day one, so going by your logic we should include those too.
...but they don't have swords...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey guys I wasted my morning today for all of you

(Click it for the Link Golden)

If you there is anything you want added (Aesthetically) to the image, please tell me. I'm open to changes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I see an opportunity was missed to remove Micaiah and Midna. :/
But then we would miss out on seeing Micaiah's creepy as **** face. Seriously, I know it's supposed to cute or whatever, but it trails on an uncanny valley of sorts.

1364178302971.jpg

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
She looks a lot better in this portrait. I think the redesign actually did more harm than good... :/

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There is a typo with Lloyd's name. :p

Personally I would suggest making the text a tad bigger, but that's more of a pet peeve.
That's because it's not at full resolution, you can just click the image and you should see every name perfectly fine.

Eh, I see an opportunity was missed to remove Micaiah and Midna. :/
Well I don't want to make changes yet, I just wanted to add the names after everyone requested.

BUT because I have to fix Lloyd's name now, I'll go ahead and make them a DIFFERENT COLOR.
I can now assure you that those are not Midna and Michiah, they are my original characters SEPDNA AND SEPHIAH. DO NOT STEAL / TAKE CREDIT

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@AEM
Sepia looks nice, but I think you should change the picture of Aeron then.

@Golden
I noticed it a bit late, but why was Dragon King removed?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@AEM
Sepia looks nice, but I think you should change the picture of Aeron then.
Good Point, but if you look a bit harder I did add some shadow to Sephiah's and Sepdna's white backgrounds too. It should be fine, but I'll look around for a better picture if does become an issue.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I really want Sepdna in SSB4 but I heard rumors that the creator wont relinquish the rights to her so nintendo can't include her in the game...
:(

D

Deleted member

Most likely to avoid speculating over the obscure stuff as much as possible.
This.

There is no reason to speculate Dragon King at this point until Sakurai says something that might hint at the concept.

Whereas Miyamoto did say he should be in Smash (whether joking or not doesn't really matter), and "whatever Miyamoto wants, Miyamoto gets".

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Because I have nothing else to do right now, here is ANOTHER new version of the chart (Again Aesthetic changes only).

These are:
New Mugshot for Aeron (Suggested by FalKoopa)
New Mugshot for Big Boss (Suggested by GoldenYuiitusin)
New Mugshot for Red Hero (Official Artwork for final release)

I really want Sepdna in SSB4 but I heard rumors that the creator wont relinquish the rights to her so nintendo can't include her in the game...
:(
Damn straight, I'm not Team Meat.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, Micaiah is still in, while Lyn is not? The wood's all set, now who will put it on fire? :troll:

Regarding the new chart, why are Midna and Micaiah sepia, anyway? Also, Micaiah's name has a typo: it is written "Michiah" instead of "Micaiah."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Frostwraith said:
Regarding the new chart, why are Midna and Micaiah sepia, anyway? Also, Micaiah's name has a typo: it is written "Michiah" instead of "Micaiah."
They have been coloured Sepia to indicate that they will be removed in the next update.

Also, when a character is deconfirmed in the future, they will be recoloured to Sepia.

D

Deleted member

Oh, Micaiah is still in, while Lyn is not? The wood's all set, now who will put it on fire? :troll:

I'm not getting in on this... No sir.

*cough* Lyn'sthesecondmostpopularlordinthewest *cough cough*

Dat spring pollen man... Gives me a nasty cough.

Anyway, on account of Lucina's worldwide popularity (she also tops Japanese polls) I say she should also have her own seperate slot, as in alone and not with Chrom.

She's got a better chance than a duo character simply because people aren't considering the implications of how DIFFICULT it'd be to program such a character, and when the Fire Emblem Roster is so abundant it's unlikely they'll go the duo route. If anything, being a clone of Marth helps Lucina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*FE Awakening Spoilers*

Personally I think Lucina will be an alt costume of Marth. I know the implicatiosn but hey, who here was surprised to find Marth was a dude? I know I wasn't suprised when Masked Marth's voice was real feminine.

Top Bottom