• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
WAIT! SOMETHING JUST OCCURRED TO ME.

Sakurai at some point mentioned customization correct? As in customization of characters? Here's my idea:

MIIS ARE THE CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS. It would give you the option of giving your mii a different moveset depending on weight class. This could be interesting. However, this basically would be work done for 3 characters that could have been spent on more unique characters.

Sorry, but when I get an idea like that, I tend to have the need to blurt it out sometimes.

Sorry for bringing up Miis again Golden. I hope this doesn't spark more debate. Of course then again the #DS customizable character is already up there. Already covered.

DO NOT CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION. I MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE
You're a little late on that. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gosh darn my excitement. Now I created a mystery number. Who knows which DS i'm talking about?
Nintendo's new handheld!!!!

The #DS!!!!!

IT LETS YOU SEE THE GAME DATA RUN IN BINARY WHILE YOU PLAY!!!!

What I don't get is why do people want Miis to have customizable movesets? Don't we already have a ton of potential stuff to pull from the Wii Series, Nintendo Land, and Mario Party 8 to make a unique move-set?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What I don't get is why do people want Miis to have customizable movesets? Don't we already have a ton of potential stuff to pull from the Wii Series, Nintendo Land, and Mario Party 8 to make a unique move-set?
It kinda goes with their customizable aura, for lack of a better term. The Mii is you. Why not do what you want to do?

It kinda goes with their customizable aura, for lack of a better term. The Mii is you. Why not do what you want to do?
I get that, and it would be really cool, but what they do in their owns games would be pretty cool as well.

If they did this and there were moves from those games that you could also choose to add to the Mii's move-set, like that is the only way you can see them if you give them to the Mii to do, that could work as well.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
How many more posts about Mii till we change the name of the thread to: "The unofficial Mii thread"?

DO NOT CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION. I MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE
No reason to worry about getting in trouble. The Mii conversation is perfectly relevant to the topic and Golden isn't a mod.

Almost every single person has agreed Mii should be in the chart. It's a wonder how they still aren't given a chance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Atleast Golden has agreed to put Mii on the chart if they are revealed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I've gotten to the point where I see both sides of the Mii argument. Obviously, they are eligible, but at the same time there isn't much for me that they would bring to the table so to speak.

I'll put it this way. I don't care if Miis get in, as long as their inclusion doesn't take away from that of any other eligible character for the game. As in, they are last or next to last to be added, after Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo, Roy and/or Chrom, Shulk, etc...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wanna see Miis, because I wanna see mini-me kicking Bowser's ass. That's my reason.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Golden has told me that Newtwo's revealing has caused a couple of complications with the update he was going send to me.

However I'm expecting Newtwo will be on the chart, as there doesn't seem be any reason to deny it that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm guessing that with Newtwo's reveal, Sylveon will probably be removed from the chart.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You can Miis either be OP or low-tier, that sounds awkward when you think about it.

Edit: You should really add Ninten to the chart. I said before he's the only major Mother protagonist who hasn't got a playability status.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know much about Ninten or the Mother Series in general, but I really don't want it to get another rep, nor do I find it all that likely.

Plus he and Ness seem to be almost exactly the same in appearance, which would be redundant imo. I'd like to see characters with varying appearances and movesets rather than those who appear to be a legitimate clone.

Maybe Ness should just have a Ninten costume change?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mother series isn't big enough to warrant getting 3 characters, who will be semi-clones.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean MAYBE if Nintendo releases a Trilogy remake for the Wii U, then maybe we would see Ninten. But until then i'm doubting any sort of Mother character to be added.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It is a big series in Japan, Japan decides.
Not entirely. Sonic got in as a mainly Western popularized character, with not nearly as much support in Japan.

Sakurai is looking for something unique, so as long as Ninten looks almost IDENTICAL to Ness, he isn't going to get in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not only that, but if I remember correctly, there isn't a single Mother character in the top 10 most requested character in Japan or the US polls. So in that case, the popularity in Japan still doesn't matter.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It is a big series in Japan, Japan decides.
Not always. For example: Ike. His inclusion was largely due to his popularity overseas.

Another problem with argument is that Ninten isn't as requested or popular as Lucas is.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You're missing the point. Dr. Mario and Mario look different. Ninten and Ness are almost IDENTICAL.

Like I said, Ninten is unlikely anyway. If he isn't highly requested, he most likely isn't going to get in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ninten can the Obscure of SSB. Like Mr. Game & Watch and IC , who technically weren't requested.
Ice Climbers were retro and G&W is used to represent Nintendo's hardware history, and was truly a wtf character. Ninten doesn't apply to either of these criteria

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Obscurity plays a big part of surprise in Super Smash Bros.
Yes, but obscurity can be found in so many other characters than just another Ness. I *love* the Mother franchise, but let's be serious.

For example: Takamaru is an obscure character that would provide uniqueness Ninten would not. There's also Muddy Mole, or other things. Sakurai doesn't need to look at Mother. Besides, Mother 1 is probably the least popular of the series, anyway. (Not that that REALLY matters...)

And Japan isn't the sole deciding factor anymore. We're important now too! That's why I expect Little Mac and Ridley to be just as present as Ike and Sonic.

Top Bottom