• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
ive been meaning to ask, whats your logic behind the sonic characters?

not the individual characters them selves but rather why you think there's a chance we my get more sonic characters
Because people like them, and Sakurai might decide to give us what we want.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't want any more Sonic characters.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I really don't want any more Sonic characters.
Honestly, neither do I.
I like it with just Sonic. I'd like it with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman/Shadow.
But it would just feel weird with 2 Sonic characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He won't do it because this isn't Nintendo vs. some other company. This is a Nintendo crossover title. 3rd parties are in there for a reson and shouldn't be taken for granted.

I guarantee we don't get any more Sonic characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually there isn't a guarantee that we won't get more Sonic characters, mainly because it was never stated otherwise. However, it's not very likely but still a possibility.

D

Deleted member

ive been meaning to ask, whats your logic behind the sonic characters?

not the individual characters them selves but rather why you think there's a chance we my get more sonic characters
Because nothing has been said otherwise that there will not be any.
Like Habanero said, there is no guarantee that there will be one, but at the same time, there is no guarantee that there won't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope there won't be one cause that'd be even worse than having Sheik back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am just expressing my dislike. I think you out of everyone would understand that. ;)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't believe in cutting characters, except Pichu. **** Pichu. So keep Sheik.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I used to, but Pokemon is getting too heavily represented, and Mewtwo deserves to come back more.
All we really need is Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
All we really need is Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo.
I agree 100%.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo/Possible Alternate Forme is enough.
That's 7 or 8 Pokemon reps depending on how you look at it. Mario, so far has 4. So that's why I say Pokemon is represented enough, and we need more Mario characters. He is Mr. Video Game, after all.

EDIT: Please, no Zoroark. He has nowhere near as much lasting popularity as Mewtwo or even Lucario.

Marddo

Smash Rookie
I agree with what most people are saying about mii that he has a really good chance and should be in the list. He wasnt on brawl because he was just like the Xbox generic avatar before brawl was made but now he has been in lots of different games even mariokart and deserves to be in it now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I agree with what most people are saying about mii that he has a really good chance and should be in the list. He wasnt on brawl because he was just like the Xbox generic avatar before brawl was made but now he has been in lots of different games even mariokart and deserves to be in it now.
To be perfectly fair, he still is like "Xbox generic avatar."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All you guys who want Mii should form together and make a petition to add him to the chart. Once you've got enough signatures give it to Golden so he can laugh at it and still say no.

Seriously. It's a fan chart. They'll be added if they actually become playable.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bull crap!
My mii has a picture of snorlax on his face and you call that generic?
I said he is "like" Xbox generix avatar. Thing is he has been used so much that he has become iconic and memorable. Know what I mean?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
All you guys who want Mii should form together and make a petition to add him to the chart. Once you've got enough signatures give it to Golden so he can laugh at it and still say no.

Seriously. It's a fan chart. They'll be added if they actually become playable.
If people cared enough to get a petition, he'd probably add them.
Probably.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On the bright side, at least Mii is more relevant then Adeleine, so at least give people credit.

On a slightly different topic, in the roster discussion thread there was discussions over Mr. Resetti and Tom Nook in a hypothetical scenario if the human character from Animal Crossing was seen as implausible and ether could fill in the position. I do wonder if the scenario is good enough to include on the chart as another "what if" type deal.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Versus a lot more reasons TO include them, but I really don't want to continue the Mii argument. It seems like this thread has become the "Argue About Miis" thread.
So to change the subject, who's ready to see a big ass check on Mewtwo?

^And on that note, I support Tom Nook's inclusion on this list, because IIRC he was planned for Melee, but taken out at the last minute. and he's not reliant on the generic Animal Crossing character to be included.

EDIT: Added IIRC, because I couldn't find a source, but for some reason remembering that statement floating around like it was common knowledge.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
On the bright side, at least Mii is more relevant then Adeleine, so at least give people credit.
Yeah, I personally want them on the chart, I'm just saying it's not like Golden is excluding them for no reason.

So to change the subject, who's ready to see a big *** check on Mewtwo?
Will probably be one of the last characters to get a check mark, likely still being unlockable and all...

^And on that note, I support Tom Nook's inclusion on this list, because he was planned for Melee, but taken out at the last minute. and he's not reliant on the generic Animal Crossing character to be included.
Tom Nook was most certainly not planned for Melee. Where did you even hear this?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
[citation needed]
Well ****, I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that people used to say that Sakurai clearly said that he planned Tom Nook to be in Melee, but couldn't think of a moveset in time like it was common knowledge. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well ****, I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that people used to say that Sakurai clearly said that he planned Tom Nook to be in Melee, but couldn't think of a moveset in time like it was common knowledge. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.
Yeah... Nook's game came out like mere months before Melee... he wouldn't have been planned.

D

Deleted member

On a slightly different topic, in the roster discussion thread there was discussions over Mr. Resetti and Tom Nook in a hypothetical scenario if the human character from Animal Crossing was seen as implausible and ether could fill in the position. I do wonder if the scenario is good enough to include on the chart as another "what if" type deal.
That's actually why I was asking. :p

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yeah... Nook's game came out like mere months before Melee... he wouldn't have been planned.
I know this. :p
Like I said, I could be very wrong, but I distinctly remember everyone saying Tom Nook was planned but taken out at the last minute because Sakurai couldn't think of a moveset quickly enough.
Maybe it was a floating rumor that I just bought into, which is very possible.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I used to, but Pokemon is getting too heavily represented, and Mewtwo deserves to come back more.
I agree 100%.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo/Possible Alternate Forme is enough.
That's 7 or 8 Pokemon reps depending on how you look at it. Mario, so far has 4. So that's why I say Pokemon is represented enough, and we need more Mario characters. He is Mr. Video Game, after all.

EDIT: Please, no Zoroark. He has nowhere near as much lasting popularity as Mewtwo or even Lucario.
Don't really agree with the whole representation part, but my man :shades:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
WAIT! SOMETHING JUST OCCURRED TO ME.

Sakurai at some point mentioned customization correct? As in customization of characters? Here's my idea:

MIIS ARE THE CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS. It would give you the option of giving your mii a different moveset depending on weight class. This could be interesting. However, this basically would be work done for 3 characters that could have been spent on more unique characters.

Sorry, but when I get an idea like that, I tend to have the need to blurt it out sometimes.

Sorry for bringing up Miis again Golden. I hope this doesn't spark more debate. Of course then again the #DS customizable character is already up there. Already covered.

DO NOT CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION. I MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE

Top Bottom