• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

@Frost: Actually, I don't have MK7 yet, so I didn't know.

.....Wario as a pirate seems awkward considering his rivalry with Syrup. His Captain Wario from from Master of Disguise excluded.

@FalKoopa: Yeah, I know Captain Wario debuted in Master of Disguise, it just seems weird that a form he was able to take through Goodstyle's power would return in some capacity. Especially one that isn't Theif Wario/Purple Wind.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
What's the part of "I read your posts" you didn't understand?
Obviously, you didn't.

My previous posts cover your unnecessary comments...

I haven't "shoven down" Adeleine in your throats. I just wanted to make it clear that Adeleine's chances aren't zero and that we might change our view on how we pick characters for Smash. The latter doesn't belong in this thread, and I have already pointed that out. Then AEM did that as well, even though I said he needn't to...

I have nothing to say regarding you calling me crazy. That's too childish for my taste.
Ove. Man up. Don't fall on this "if you read my posts, you would understand" excuse. We have read all of your posts. We understand your points. We just don't agree with them.
That's okay with me, I don't expect people to like Adeleine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Obviously, you didn't.

My previous posts cover your unnecessary comments...

I haven't "shoven down" Adeleine in your throats. I just wanted to make it clear that Adeleine's chances aren't zero and that we might change our view on how we pick characters for Smash. The latter doesn't belong in this thread, and I have already pointed that out. Then AEM did that as well, even though I said he needn't to...

I have nothing to say regarding you calling me crazy. That's too childish for my taste.

That's okay with me, I don't expect people to like Adeleine.
You keep throwing up wrong assumptions that people don't read your posts, claim that I dislike reading long posts and other such bull**** and expect to be taken seriously?! Give me a break! More childish is your behavior for ****'s sake!

And it's damn obvious that you shoved down Adeleine down our throats with claims that were proven wrong, yet you stubbornly insisted on saying the same thing over and over like a broken record.

All characters' chances aren't zero, but damn, you don't see people repeating the same **** over and over again!

You know what? I am tired of your nonsense, I'll put you on ignore and leave it at that.

D

Deleted member

I wonder how many people have to set him on ignore for him to finally get it?

D

Deleted member

Considering that new versions are changes that I specify, yeah. I have a sort of idea. :troll:

EDIT: Though one concept I haven't talked to him about yet (since my computer kept crapping out yesterday before I could finish my discussion with him) that I will go ahead and say I have an idea for is this:
Alternate takes on certain characters.
By which I mean, we speculate about Dixie Kong, right? Well, there are multiple options she could theoretically take. Either alone, a tag-along with Diddy as what was originally intended for Brawl, or a tag-along with Kiddy, so that Diddy can stay the way he is and Sakurai can still introduce the concept he wanted to incorporate.
So, for example, there would be three slots on the chart for Dixie, one for her being alone (as is on the chart already), one for her with Diddy, and one for her with Kiddy.
A few other characters will get this bonus as well. If the idea goes through, at least.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When do you think the new chart will be up? Just to keep this on the topic of the actual chart ;)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, I keep returning to the thread just for Ove's hilarious posts.

But it's becoming stale now. Ove, take a break. Let the thread come back on topic!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what about ninten? what are his chances? im guessing he's not really that popular

p.s apologies for double post

D

Deleted member

When do you think the new chart will be up? Just to keep this on the topic of the actual chart ;)
Can't really say for sure.
I am still discussing with AEM over some changes, and once the changes have been set, it will probably take about a day or two until it is ready to be posted.
I guess expect it no later than Sunday.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Man, I keep returning to the thread just for Ove's hilarious posts.

But it's becoming stale now. Ove, take a break. Let the thread come back on topic!
Yeah, I think I'll take a break from this thread for a while. I said I would, just one page ago...

My posts are only hilarious because of the fact that I have opinions that you don't agree with. What's so hilarious about that, I am not sure...

Also, I'd like to add that I didn't discuss off-topic until just recently, when you and a couple more members started to comment my characteristics, which is an off-topic on its own. My discussions regarding characters that will be in Smash 4 was on-topic all along, so I don't understand why you and some more complain...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My posts are only hilarious because of the fact that I have opinions that you don't agree with. What's so hilarious about that, I am not sure...
See, I have no problem with you supporting Adeleine. Everyone here has one such character whom they badly want to see in Smash 4. (In my case, it's Lyn.)

You want to know what about your posts is hilarious? I'll be happy to point them out.

She is an important character in one of Nintendo's biggest series.
It would be one of the biggest comebacks in gaming history.
Why would Goron be a "major" hype killer? And if Adeleine would be confirmed, it would be the biggest hype of the year.
Yes, Kafei is a good candidate too.
All these.... and most importantly, telling us that we haven't read any of your posts. If we hadn't read them, why would we be replying to you?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All these.... and most importantly, telling us that we haven't read any of your posts. If we hadn't read them, why would we be replying to you?
Don't feed the trolls.
:troll:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Eh, E. Gadd doesn't seem like he'd be one to join the fray...kind of like Cranky Kong, who deserves to be in Smash, but would be hecka weird (and probably awesome at the same time) to imagine him actually becoming playable.
Though if he did, I guess he'd take Mario's F.L.U.D.D. and get the Poltergust so that Luigi doesn't get changed. :troll: Such trolling, being able to push opponents away and bring opponents closer in the same moveset...

Geno, I've been pondering about, given that despite being a one-off Mario character that Square-Enix owns, he DID manage to get enough popularity to become one of the more discussed and requested characters for Brawl somehow. Judging by what I've heard from Chrono, as well as Shortie's poll, it seems that the Geno fanbase hasn't quite completely died yet.
Going by that, it is theoretically possible that Sakurai would look into him this time around (which I hope he doesn't...). So I may add Geno to the chart.

As for Tom Nook, Sakurai directly mentioned the player character as one he thought about for Brawl. So if Animal Crossing does get a character this time around, it's going to be the player human.
You should definitely add Geno to the chart.
Sakurai talked about Geno directly before Brawl came out as being a possibility.

D

Deleted member

Source, please.
Something like this must be verified before it can cause action.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey Golden, What do you think about Kat & Ana's chances considering that they were Assist trophies in Brawl?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Source, please.
Something like this must be verified before it can cause action.
It's too old and too insignificant for me to find it so deep in cyber space without alot of research. It was a year or two before Brawl was released. It was when he was asked a question about Geno at a convention.

Surely having 441 pages of support for the last game counts for something also:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-geno-thread.72298/page-441

Speaking of which, the Sakurai quote is probably buried within those 441 pages.

Also, like I said Medusa has much too good a chance not to be on the list. Even with your rule.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's too old and too insignificant for me to find it so deep in cyber space without alot of research. It was a year or two before Brawl was released. It was when he was asked a question about Geno at a convention.

Surely having 441 pages of support for the last game counts for something also:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-geno-thread.72298/page-441

Speaking of which, the Sakurai quote is probably buried within those 441 pages.
Sakurai acknowledging the possibility of a specific third-party character and that character having a lot of popularity are hardly the same thing.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sakurai acknowledging the possibility of a specific third-party character and that character having a lot of popularity are hardly the same thing.
But both Sakurai saying he will "look into Geno because of his popularity" (as far as my memory of the translated quote holds), and him being one of the top 4 most popular characters on these boards last time are true.

He's also not entirely a third party character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But both Sakurai saying he will "look into Geno because of his popularity" (as far as my memory of the translated quote holds), and him being one of the top 4 most popular characters on these boards last time are true.
Yeah, it's true that Geno was among the most popular for Brawl, but there does need to be a specific and definitive source where Sakurai acknowledges his possibility before Geno can really be thought of as having any sort of notable chance. Otherwise he's just another popular third-party character unlikely to get into Smash, and we already have a lot of those. ;)

D

Deleted member

Another Ove? :troll:

@Golden
You didn't reply to it. :/
Oh, I didn't see that.
Anyways, being Assists doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.
Given the fact that both Mona and Jimmy are more "important" to the series (though are nowhere near as important as the great WARIO himself) than them and Ashley is more popular than them (especially in Japan), they have too strong competition to even view them as candidates. There is also the fact they don't seem to be popular requests and that they might be seen as too unoriginal with the Ice Climbers around.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Yeah, it's true that Geno was among the most popular for Brawl, but there does need to be a specific and definitive source where Sakurai acknowledges his possibility before Geno can really be thought of as having any sort of notable chance. Otherwise he's just another popular third-party character unlikely to get into Smash, and we already have a lot of those. ;)
Like I said, there is a definitive source out there in cyber space somewhere.
I just don't have enough motivation to find evidence at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Until there is a definite source, I cannot simply take word of mouth.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Geno was one of the most discussed characters pre-Brawl. Not having him on the chart is a disgrace.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I must say that you are overusing that troll smiley.
Fine, I won't use it for the next 30 posts.

Seriously, not having Geno on the chart is a surprise considering his tremendous popularity.
However, popularity isn't the only factor. Geno hasn't appeared in Mario games for over a decade. Nintendo and Square both seem to have forgotten him. :urg:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Geno was one of the most discussed characters pre-Brawl. Not having him on the chart is a disgrace.
This coming from the guy that has a hard on for Adeleine...

Anyway, Geno is not going to added simply because of some sort of bizarre cult. There has to genuine proof that Geno does have some of chance instead of simply harboring on what a bunch of idiots say.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
This coming from the guy that has a hard on for Adeleine...
That doesn't make any sense and that hasn't to do with anything. Just because I think Adeleine would be a great character for Smash doesn't mean I only have stupid ideas.

Many of the characters I want and think will be in Smash are only covered on the chart.

... Which I have clearly stated before.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well he hasn't been in a game for over 3 generations now.

And at this point, N64 would count as retro (if they decide to do that).
You may say so, I guess.

However, his biggest problem is the licensing mumbo-jumbo. If Super Mario RPG had been wholly made by Nintendo, I suppose he'd have been playable by now.

Just because I think Adeleine would be a great character for Smash doesn't mean I only have stupid ideas.
Change the wording of that sentence. It sounds as if you accept that Adeleine was a stupid idea.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Change the wording of that sentence. It sounds as if you accept that Adeleine was a stupid idea.
Well you think that I only have stupid ideas, based on the fact that I like Adeleine... The sentence isn't faulty, but I see how you are reading it...

Very well; I can contribute with less controversial suggestions.

For example, where is Daisy?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well you think that I only have stupid ideas, based on the fact that I like Adeleine... The sentence isn't faulty, but I see how you are reading it...

Very well; I can contribute with less controversial suggestions.

For example, where is Daisy?
Not on the chart. Cause she's not getting in. Still a pretty controversial suggestion.

Top Bottom