• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The arguments going on here are running in circles. Repeating things at each other the 16th time isn't going to prove a point that hasn't been understood after the first 5 times.

It would appear that my attempts at diverting this thread have failed.

Well, here's an idea.

@Golden, what do you plan to do for a character that may or may not be for one game but not the other? As in a 3ds character that doesn't show up in the Wii U version. I personally think any character (if theres even one) that is exclusive to the 3ds version will probably be able to be transferred to the Wii U version. Kind of like a bonus of sorts if you get both games, which I will probably end up doing.

I still think Tom Nook and his shady business tactics are worthy of SOMETHING. I mean seriously, the guy buys random suspicious looking bones from you, blackmails you into buying a house and paying absurd amounts of money for it, and then forces two racoons who are quite possibly children to do his bidding. Child labor I tell you! He's mad!

Either that or Tortimer. HE could do some real damage with that cane of his. Or not......

/sarcasm

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I've always thought of the Miis being the 3DS custom character with it working pretty much exactly what you said. Cross platform play seems like a way it could work too.

D

Deleted member

@Golden, what do you plan to do for a character that may or may not be for one game but not the other? As in a 3ds character that doesn't show up in the Wii U version. I personally think any character (if theres even one) that is exclusive to the 3ds version will probably be able to be transferred to the Wii U version. Kind of like a bonus of sorts if you get both games, which I will probably end up doing.
I will still give them a check, but I will also specify which version the character is in if they happen to be version exclusive.

I still think Tom Nook and his shady business tactics are worthy of SOMETHING. I mean seriously, the guy buys random suspicious looking bones from you, blackmails you into buying a house and paying absurd amounts of money for it, and then forces two racoons who are quite possibly children to do his bidding. Child labor I tell you! He's mad!
Confirmation: Master Hand and Crazy Hand are really controlled by Tom Nook. :troll:

Either that or Tortimer. HE could do some real damage with that cane of his. Or not......

/sarcasm
Cornimer. Acorns are deadly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfrbFzl8mmw (1:36-1:54) (This was the best clip I could find that contained the scene, sorry for the yellow and random music)

EDIT: Ove, your last post just reeks of blatant fanboyism and ignorance. I'm not going to continue the discussion.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've noticed something. One of your posts talks about why characters were added to the roster, with one statement regarding to how retro characters were included ether due to more recent publicity or Sakurai seeing them in a positive manner. While that's all fine and dandy, Sukapon seems to standout due to having neither of those traits. Sukapon has notably been given a somewhat notable negative stigma where Sakurai stated during the days of both Melee and Brawl to "not expect him". While it's vague as to why that is (one theory is technical difficulties), it does not sound positive to me.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I seriously hope you're kidding here. You actually think Adeleine could get a Spin-off franchise? Do you even know why Kid Icarus got revived?
I am not kidding. If Adeleine would get a spot in Smash 4, everyone would see how superbly genius she really is. The consumers will most likely demand a new game with her, and Nintendo will of course make one, and a new series is born, starring Adeleine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I am not kidding. If Adeleine would get a spot in Smash 4, everyone would see how superbly genius she really is. The consumers will most likely demand a new game with her, and Nintendo will of course make one, and a new series is born, starring Adeleine.
You're not serious, are you?

D

Deleted member

I've noticed something. One of your posts talks about why characters were added to the roster, with one statement regarding to how retro characters were included ether due to more recent publicity or Sakurai seeing them in a positive manner. While that's all fine and dandy, Sukapon seems to standout due to having neither of those traits. Sukapon has notably been given a somewhat notable negative stigma where Sakurai stated during the days of both Melee and Brawl to "not expect him". While it's vague as to why that is (one theory is technical difficulties), it does not sound positive to me.
I'm not sure the "not expect" him was during both; just in Melee.
I believe it was a mistranslation of context though, as he had mentioned that the series (well, game, I should say) was unlikely to be released outside Japan.
Going by the original source (questionaires on Melee's Japan website), it sounds as if Sakurai was saying he had specific plans for Sukapon in Melee that had to be cut. Whether that meant as a Trophy, a character, or whatever remains a mystery.
Though, there is also something from the same source that mentions that there was something that stated "Ends with Sukapon" in the "bonus column" on the Japanese Melee site that was not in the final product, which a few fans questioned him on.

EDIT: Never mind, just read down in the same source that translates to this:
"Even though there appears to be a series of future Smash Bros., then
Potential Sukapon comes out it is low".
Essentially saying that while Smash may get new games, Sukapon is not likely to be in them.
Welp, guess I really should remove Sukapon after all...

EDIT2: I found some other non-related thing that interested me from the source.
Sakurai said he considered the idea of a character that would transform into other characters (like for example, Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. Sakurai didn't mention him, but I felt the example was necessary), but decided against it and said something like that would not be in Smash Bros.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Troll of the year everyone.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Ove, your last post just reeks of blatant fanboyism and ignorance. I'm not going to continue the discussion.
Another way of saying that I was right regarding Goron, the fact that you don't know how to define the importance of a character, the fact that Adeleine would be a great character for Smash and that your dull description of Adeleine's personality is faulty.

I am satisfied.

It certainly wasn't an ignorant post. It contained well-constructed reasonings of which any serious debater could answer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Another way of saying that I was right regarding Goron, the fact that you don't know how to define the importance of a character, the fact that Adeleine would be a great character for Smash and that your dull description of Adeleine's personality is faulty.
I hereby decree that henceforth no one shall reply to any of Ove's posts. :troll:

To be honest, I keep visiting the thread again and again just to read Ove's replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I am satisfied.

It certainly wasn't an ignorant post. It contained well-constructed reasonings of which any serious debater could answer.
Having potential for Smash =/= important character

Seriously, at this time, I think you're just trolling. That or being a fanboy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In terms of no Tom Nook:

2012 poll results:
37. Tom Nook (105)

107. Villager (35)

2011 poll results (Only saved top fifty):
29. Tom Nook (151)
--- Villager

So I mean, I get where you're coming from with adding villager, but Tom Nook is the most popular choice.

D

Deleted member

In terms of no Tom Nook:

2012 poll results:
37.Tom Nook (105)

107.Villager (35)

2011 poll results (Only saved top fifty):
29.Tom Nook (151)
--- Villager

So I mean, I get where you're coming from with adding villager, but Tom Nook is the most popular choice.
Sakurai directly mentioned the Villager as a character he considered for Brawl fighting with a bug net and bug spray.
While Tom Nook has more popularity on the poll, Sakurai is known for looking towards past ideas. This means that if he were to change his mind about the series being too "distant" from Smash's violent theme to need a character, then he'd go for the concept he had right away.

D

Deleted member

I am satisfied.

Well-constructioned my ass.
All you've done is proven to be a clueless fanboy that thinks his favorite little crap of a character is "important" and "great".
I mean, I could give 10 times as many "reasons" Shake King should be in the game that would make more sense than your pitiful attempts to show how someone as idiotic as Adeleine should.
The fact you compare her importance to that of Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and EFFING BOWSER, who is integral to the plot of the entire Mario series (without him, Peach would not be constantly kidnapped and Mario would have nothing to do) shows how dense and ignorant you really are!

And no, you are DEAD wrong about the Goron. You are literally the ONLY effing person on this godforsaken planet that thinks one of the Traveling Merchants who debuted in Wind Waker was one of the MANY SIMILAR GENERIC MEMEBERS OF THE SPECIES in Majora's Mask!
And when I asked for proof of this, do you supply any? NO. You just continue to say he is the same because he "looks similar".

Just die. Please. You are a disgrace to the human race.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai directly mentioned the Villager as a character he considered for Brawl fighting with a bug net and bug spray.
While Tom Nook has more popularity on the poll, Sakurai is known for looking towards past ideas. This means that if he were to change his mind about the series being too "distant" from Smash's violent theme to need a character, then he'd go for the concept he had right away.
I'm not denying that. I'm just saying, it's not like Tom Nook isn't wanted, and you have crazier characters on their than him.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Well-constructioned my ***.
All you've done is proven to be a clueless fanboy that thinks his favorite little crap of a character is "important" and "great".
I mean, I could give 10 times as many "reasons" Shake King should be in the game that would make more sense than your pitiful attempts to show how someone as idiotic as Adeleine should.
In reality, it doesn't make any sense comparing viability in Smash until we actully see the characters in action.

The fact you compare her importance to that of Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and EFFING BOWSER, who is integral to the plot of the entire Mario series (without him, Peach would not be constantly kidnapped and Mario would have nothing to do) shows how dense and ignorant you really are!
Dat reading comprehension. Once again, you misunderstood the point. Therefore, I will ignore your random outburst.

And no, you are DEAD wrong about the Goron. You are literally the ONLY effing person on this godforsaken planet that thinks one of the Traveling Merchants who debuted in Wind Waker was one of the MANY SIMILAR GENERIC MEMEBERS OF THE SPECIES in Majora's Mask!
And when I asked for proof of this, do you supply any? NO. You just continue to say he is the same because he "looks similar".
So you don't know which Goron I am referring to? Oh, that explains the anger...

His name is Link and he stays outside Stock Pot Inn (providing he doesn't claim the room he wants).

He can have the Traveling Merchant as an alternative costume!

Just die. Please. You are a disgrace to the human race.
Because my opinions differ from yours?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, well. The topic is shifting from Adeleine to a Goron. A new face is always welcome. :smirk:

I'm wondering who will Ove support next. :troll:
Stay tuned for the next episode! :troll:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Omg lol Is this real life

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, well. The topic is shifting from Adeleine to a Goron. A new face is always welcome. :smirk:

I'm wondering who will Ove support next. :troll:
Stay tuned for the next episode! :troll:
Will this argument ever end?
Will this thread ever get on topic?
Will everyone else stop laughing at these two?

Find out next time on SmashBoards X!!!!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Nintendo All-Stars!
Mario! Link! Kirby! Pikachu! ...Adeleine? ...The Goron Merchant?

Smash Brothers is a game about Nintendo's HISTORY. Have you forgotten that? What does Adeleine and "Link" the Goron have anything to do with Nintendo's or their own franchises' history?

Kirby and King Dedede perfectly represent Kirby 64. A Masked Link can represent Zelda Races much better than a Goron can, and even then Skull Kid is a much preferred and better rep to represent Majora's Mask.

Unless you can come up with a solid argument that is related to having said character being important to their franchise and Nintendo as a whole. We're done here.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So this would happen if I talked about mr. stevenson in all my posts
If you would say something like "mr. stevenson makes as much sense as takamaru" or something and continue to say stuff like that and insult gy a couple of times, yeah I guess.

I mean you can like who you like. I'm not one to judge people on that. I mean I'd love to see Quote from Cave Story in Smash, but chances of that actually happening are pretty slim in comparison to other third party characters.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, new around, came in to learn some advanced things I didn't know (There was no internet back in Smash Bros 64 times!) and i couldn't resist this post. I can't resist any speculation post. This is the best thing about every smash bros, even better than the first day playing! (lolno)

So, I read first and last page, I'm sorry but there are too many posts to read every page, and this last one proved that there are too many arguments around xD So could someone answer if Skull kid with Majora's mask have been propossed and if so, why didn't he make it into de bingo?

And the same with Travis Touchdown?

I guess these are my deepest desires :seuss:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hello everyone, new around, came in to learn some advanced things I didn't know (There was no internet back in Smash Bros 64 times!) and i couldn't resist this post. I can't resist any speculation post. This is the best thing about every smash bros, even better than the first day playing! (lolno)

So, I read first and last page, I'm sorry but there are too many posts to read every page, and this last one proved that there are too many arguments around xD So could someone answer if Skull kid with Majora's mask have been propossed and if so, why didn't he make it into de bingo?

I'd like to be the first one to welcome you to the forum! (Even though I'm still relatively new to it myself)

I believe Golden stated that Skull Kid would be added if Majora's Mask would be getting the remake that the fans are begging for.
In terms of Travis Touchdown, I don't think Golden brought up any arguments with him as of yet. But I could be wrong.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Skull Kid doesn't really have anything going for him. The only thing going for him was that incredibly rigged poll a long time ago. Also technically speaking it should be for Majora, since it's the thing controlling Skull Kid to begin with and gave him those powers.

As for Travis, I suppose he could be included due to the interview stating the idea "would be cool". But at the same time, it's more along the lines of "oh yea that would be neat" not "I WANT DAT!", if you know what I mean.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord

Hello and welcome to the forums!
So many characters have been talked about on these forums I'd be more surprised if you mentioned somebody who wasn't already proposed.
All newcomer threads can be found on the second post of this page (unless the character was recently suggested, it might not be updated)
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-guidelines-listings-read-first.324452/
Here is skull kid's page
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/skull-kid-the-lost-puppet.325875/
and travis's
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/number-one-in-santa-destroy-travis-touchdown-thread.324295/

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the (fast as hell!) welcome, answers and links! I obviously mentioned the Majora's masked twisted crazy sometimes cruel and powerful Skull kid.

He should be in Smash just to have that incredible Moon falling for his final smash :D He just fits so well... and I find him to be the most charismatic Zelda antagonist (after Ganondorf) and the most capable of being a newcomer in smash (I don't really like the idea of more versions of Link and Zelda, Impa would be like Sheik) despite the awesomeness of Tingle. Also, when will Ganondorf have a Ganondorf moveset? Does he desserve to be a CF clone? D:

As for Travis... I can't justify him as for now... it would just be really cool, as for Bayonetta, but neither of them fits at all in Smash Bros xD Snake would be the limit, and they are waaaaay off because of blood, language, sex-theme...

So I think I answered myself about Travis xD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda surprised there's so much arguing on this thread, I thought Golden did pretty good with that character pool chart, he got all the base characters covered and then some (even if the "then some" are really lame).

Anyway my only suggestions would be Ryu Hayabusa and a Square character (preferably Slime for Star). If Bayonetta's on the chart, these two should be more than reasonable suggestions.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You obviously don't know what reading comprehension really means. Knowledge in language isn't simply a matter of comprehending what is said, rather seeing underlying messages and picking up nuances that showcases those.
Look at the words "even" and "fricking." By using them, you disrespect Waddle Dee, showing that you, in reality, actually has something against him, whether you were conscious about it or not.
There's a difference between picking up on underlying messages and grasping at straws

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Kinda surprised there's so much arguing on this thread, I thought Golden did pretty good with that character pool chart, he got all the base characters covered and then some (even if the "then some" are really lame).
Blame Ove for the complaining. Aside from that, the chart pretty much lists everything that needs to be said in a reasonable way. I just wish people would realize this isn't some sort of fantasy list.

D

Deleted member

Problem solved: I've set Ove to Ignore, something I should have done a while ago.

@Tri: The problem with Slime and Ryu Hayabusa is that nothing has been said about them in regards to Smash. Though they are IMO pretty much next in line after a Namcharacter and Mega Man. If something pops up in favor of them being in Smash, I will include them in a heartbeat.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tri: The problem with Slime and Ryu Hayabusa is that nothing has been said about them in regards to Smash. Though they are IMO pretty much next in line after a Namcharacter and Mega Man. If something pops up in favor of them being in Smash, I will include them in a heartbeat.
Oh fine, but I'd still argue they have more of a right to be there than a large chunk of the "then somes." :p

Top Bottom