• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Sakurai cares about ANY of that opposition stuff.

He might care about the popularity, but that's it.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, just dropping by to say that's a solid 8/10 list of newcomers y'have there, Golden, and, that I am deeply sorry for you having to put up with so much crap in this thread.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
SPW the other Square Enix candidates other then Neku are Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy 1,Geno from Super Mario RPG,Chrono from Chrono Trigger,The main character of Dragon Quest and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because there is no reason to logically believe that the KI characters would only be Pit and Medusa without Palutena given the tie between the two goddesses, and Palutena being the more prevalent and popular of the two (Hell, the series is NAMED after her in Japan).

With Hades, it is more reasonable to believe the two major opposing forces would be playable together. Hades has no tie to Palutena like Medusa.
This is ********. What if Sakurai just said, "I want a Kid Icarus villain, so let's put the most recurring one in." Hoodat? Medusa.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I was about to rage about Medusa not being included given her relatively high chance.
But I agree with with you that Medusa will not get in if Palutena doesn't. Having said that, just for the sake of her relatively high chances I think she should be included.

IMO Palutena is the #1 biggest shoe in of any newcomer for SSB4.
Theres no way in hell that Sakurai won't include a new character from the series he just resurrected. Let alone when there is a character as popular and fitting as her.

If you take Palutena as a given then you might as well put Medusa up there.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
SPW the other Square Enix candidates other then Neku are Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy 1,Geno from Super Mario RPG,Chrono from Chrono Trigger,The main character of Dragon Quest and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.
Oh.
That makes me want to suggest Rocket as the Dragon Quest rep.

How about it Golden!?!?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just a random suggestion, but Louie could be added onto the chart. I know he really isn't really confirmed to show up in Pikmin 3, and that one of the new characters would probably be next in line, but it's just a thought.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Oh lookie here.

There is a selection screen, and I can play as them. The step to Smash from there isn't too far-fetched.
Like that's the only criteria needed to be a playable character in Smash.

*sigh* I'd say ONCE AGAIN that you have poor reading comprehension, but that would just be beating a dead horse at this point...
I never said anything that would show I am against the Bandana Waddle Dee.
I said, and I quote
"give me a legitimate case of Adeleine being playable in the same vein as even fricking Bandana Waddle Dee."
Which is not against Waddle Dee, but against Adeleine, who doesn't even compare to him since he's actually playable within a main part of a game while she's just someone you play in minigames that were nothing to write home about.
You obviously don't know what reading comprehension really means. Knowledge in language isn't simply a matter of comprehending what is said, rather seeing underlying messages and picking up nuances that showcases those. GoldenYuiitusin, you have no sense for the latter, so will you please stop complaining on my reading comprehension, thanks.

Here is a perfect example of how you should read:
give me a legitimate case of Adeleine being playable in the same vein as even fricking Bandana Waddle Dee.
Look at the words "even" and "fricking." By using them, you disrespect Waddle Dee, showing that you, in reality, actually has something against him, whether you were conscious about it or not. Consequently, I humblingly asked what you had against him. Simple as that.

Also, I have already explained why Waddle Dee makes more sense than Adeleine, so you needn't to explain it to me, Mr-Perfect-Reading-Comprehension.

Don't be a hypocrite, Mr. "A generic Goron is a great character".
Aside from that, while Waddle Dee has his own identity as the bandana toting, spear wielding badass, he is far from what you'd call "one-of-a-kind", so your implied argument doesn't work. I mean, his name is the same as his species, and there have been Waddle Dees that have used spears before him (they are referred to as Spear Waddle Dees). Quite literally, the only thing that sets him apart from the rest is his bandana.
I am certainly not a hypocrite. I merely want a Goron to be represented in Smash. Of course, this means it has to be a Goron that is a good representative of the Goron tribe. I was thinking of:
The traveling merchant (from Majora's Mask).
Darmani from Majora's Mask.
And possibly Darbus from Twilight Princess.

Neither of these are generic, they are good representatives; just like Yoshi, Bandana Dee and Toad.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The goron travelling merchant is from Minish Cap.

But as far as his moveset goes, most of them are already present in some form in other characters.
- Rolling: Sonic and Dillon
- Herculean strength: Any heavyweight.

Generic characters don't have much of a chance, really. He could be an assist, though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You just said that Adeleine was playable in a minigame and was of some significance in one game; which was enough criteria to be considered to be a playable character in Smash Brothers.

You obviously don't know what reading comprehension really means. Knowledge in language isn't simply a matter of comprehending what is said, rather seeing underlying messages and picking up nuances that showcases those. GoldenYuiitusin, you have no sense for the latter, so will you please stop complaining on my reading comprehension, thanks.
Neither of you are understanding what the other one is saying. You're just adding to this argument, leave it be.

Look at the words "even" and "fricking." By using them, you disrespect Waddle Dee, showing that you, in reality, actually has something against him, whether you were conscious about it or not. Consequently, I humblingly asked what you had against him. Simple as that.
He's using those terms because you're irritating the hell out of him. Stop your arguments because the "Flawed" section of the Kirby chart doesn't seemed to be "Flawed" at all. Not one other person has complained about the characters on the Kirby section of this chart other than you, save for the Gooey post which was more of a suggestion rather than a complaint. Nobody else has even supported Adeleine in comparison to the three characters already presented ther. Nothing again you but your argument in believing that Adeleine actually has a shot in Smash Brothers, ESPECIALLY this one which is going to focus on balancing characters, rather than adding a bunch more and calling it a day, Adeleine will be lucky to even get a Trophy for herself.

Also, I have already explained why Waddle Dee makes more sense than Adeleine, so you needn't to explain it to me, Mr-Perfect-Reading-Comprehension.
Then why even BOTHER to continue arguing for her? The point of this chart existing is to have possible characters that can appear in the game on it. Not to put in anybody that "fits the criteria".

I am certainly not a hypocrite. I merely want a Goron to be represented in Smash. Of course, this means it has to be a Goron that is a good representative of the Goron tribe. I was thinking of:

Neither of these are generic, they are good representatives; just like Yoshi, Bandana Dee and Toad.
The Ideal Goron rep would be Masked Young Link, who would have the Goron Mask.
The other three are merely pointless NPCs. (Save for Darmani, who is still represented through Masked Link. Still making him a better choice)

You can NOT compare them to Yoshi, Waddle Dee, and Toad.

Yoshi is ONE character who has starred in his OWN games.
Toad is ONE character who has been playable in TONS of games
Waddle Dee has been in THREE games AND is a MAJOR playable character in one of them.

None of those three have anything in comparison to those three characters, again save for Darmani. But as I stated previously Masked Young Link does a much better job of representing LoZ Races than Darmani ever can.

D

Deleted member

This is ********. What if Sakurai just said, "I want a Kid Icarus villain, so let's put the most recurring one in." Hoodat? Medusa.
Quite ironically, that logic in itself is ********. What if Sakurai just said, "I want Hades, so let's put him in"? What if Sakurai just said, "I want to include a playable fighter from Kid Icarus that isn't like Pit"? Hoodat? Magnus. What if Sakurai just said "I don't want to overrepresent Kid Icarus, but I want to include some form of new character?" What's the easiest route? Giving Pit a set of Dark Pit colors that change his voice.
These "What if Sakurai said" moments meant to be in favor of characters that happen to be ones that people personally want are downright ridiculous. I suggest if you want to be taken seriously that you don't do it anymore. Medusa's not going to be on the chart. Period. Uprising Medusa wasn't even the real Medusa to begin with anyway...

Oh.
That makes me want to suggest Rocket as the Dragon Quest rep.

How about it Golden!?!?
Unless SE says something about DQ representation in Smash, there will not be a DQ character on the chart. You know this already, AEM. (So used to talking to you on Facebook that I almost said your name. :p)

Just a random suggestion, but Louie could be added onto the chart. I know he really isn't really confirmed to show up in Pikmin 3, and that one of the new characters would probably be next in line, but it's just a thought.
While Louie can be unique from Olimar if he takes the "King of Bugs" route, Louie hasn't really been a main character. We have Olimar, and then we have the trio from Pikmin 3 (currently unknown who is the main one, so I may have to add the other two or simply put "Pikmin 3 Captain" as a placeholder for now...).
Had Pikmin 3 not been coming out, Louie would've probably been on the chart...

Seems to be enough for Adelenine. :rolleyes:

I will stop when you stop showing poor reading comprehension or simply stop posting in this thread. Whichever comes first.

So I should infer something that isn't true? How in the flying **** is that proper reading comprehension?
You completey misinterpreted what I had said.
"even fricking" is referring to the fact that as "great" a character that you make Adeleine out to be, a character that started off as an elite mook managed to do something Adeleine did not; be a major playable character in the series. It was used as emphasis, something you don't seem to understand about how people often use the word (or its more vulgar substitutes).
I'm guessing you completely ignored when I said he has his own identity as a bandana toting, spear wielding badass.

Another case of poor reading comprehension. I never said I was perfect; just much better than you. (Which at this point, is not much of an accomplishment.)

.....one the three merchants from Wind Waker? Really? The merchants.
You sure know how to pick them. :rolleyes:
Darmani and Darbus are good choices for a Goron, though. But I can't beleive you missed one particular Goron....
The fricking Sage of Fire, Darunia! (And before you treat "fricking" as a negative, I am using it as emphasis yet again.) Hell, he was even the only Zelda character other than the ones playable in Melee to be in Japan's pre-Melee poll!

That being said, none of them will be on the chart. If there WAS to be a Goron on the chart, it would be the Masks Link with Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora masks, given that is a popular concept for Smash within the fanbase.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
You just said that Adeleine was playable in a minigame and was of some significance in one game; which was enough criteria to be considered to be a playable character in Smash Brothers.
I also said that Smash is a good formula for Adeleine and that she has a great personality in its own. What I didn't say was that Adeleine should be in Smash only because of the minigames and the character selection screen in Kirby 64. However, GoldenYuiitusin did with his generic enemies.

Then why even BOTHER to continue arguing for her? The point of this chart existing is to have possible characters that can appear in the game on it. Not to put in anybody that "fits the criteria".
I haven't been talking about criteria in that way, only GoldenYuiitusin has done that. If we were to go solely on different criteria that have to be fulfilled, I don't think that would benefit Adeleine. And you have misunderstood my view regarding Adeleine. Like I said earlier:
What I am trying to say isn't that Adeleine will be in Smash 4. She most likely won't, I understand that, and you all have explained why with solid arguments. But my point is that her chances aren't zero (whether you like it or not, GoldenYuiitusin) and I think that Smash is a good format for Adeleine, compared to many other characters.

The goron travelling merchant is from Minish Cap.
He is initially from Majora's Mask, then he did a comeback in Wind Waker (although there are more merchants). Minish Cap came after Wind Waker.

Seems to be enough for Adelenine. :rolleyes:
I can't believe that you just ignored every single argument I have given why Adeleine should be in Smash. Disrespectfully.

"even fricking" is referring to the fact that as "great" a character that you make Adeleine out to be, a character that started off as an elite mook managed to do something Adeleine did not; be a major playable character in the series. It was used as emphasis, something you don't seem to understand about how people often use the word (or its more vulgar substitutes).
I'm guessing you completely ignored when I said he has his own identity as a bandana toting, spear wielding badass.
Okay, you used "fricking" as emphasis. Why did you say "even" then? I don't know the point with the last sentence. It's like I would say something like: "Even Doctor Mario has better chances than Adeleine. Doctor Mario is badass!"

That doesn't make any sense.

Another case of poor reading comprehension. I never said I was perfect; just much better than you. (Which at this point, is not much of an accomplishment.)
Again, it's not about what is being said directly. It's about what signals you are sending. Your bully manners signifies perfection.

.....one the three merchants from Wind Waker? Really? The merchants.
What part of "From Majora's Mask" did you not understand?

Darmani and Darbus are good choices for a Goron, though. But I can't beleive you missed one particular Goron....
The fricking Sage of Fire, Darunia! (And before you treat "fricking" as a negative, I am using it as emphasis yet again.) Hell, he was even the only Zelda character other than the ones playable in Melee to be in Japan's pre-Melee poll!
Yeah, because Darmani and Darunia differs so much from each other, especially considering Darmani is based on Darunia. I could have written Darunia beside that picture above and you wouldn't have noticed. The message is still clear.

That being said, none of them will be on the chart. If there WAS to be a Goron on the chart, it would be the Masks Link with Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora masks, given that is a popular concept for Smash within the fanbase.
Good enough for me. Add it to the chart.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Either way, I must admit that Darunia would make an interesting character, being a Goron and the Sage of Fire, he could have some sort of rolling attack that would set him on fire or something.

inb4userdiddykongandimpa

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is going on here? lol.

Before Ove posted about Adeleine on the thread, I didn't know who she was. Now, I seem to know more about her than Kirby. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This "show" has been going on for the last four pages. In fact, even the Adeleine thread doesn't have as many posts as Ove and Golden have posted about her here. Now, if a mod would move those posts to that thread... :smirk:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just put up your roster guesses gentlemen. When the game comes out, we will see who came closest.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe that you just ignored every single argument I have given why Adeleine should be in Smash. Disrespectfully.
All other arguments had already been countered previously.
You claim she's popular, she's not.
You claim she's prominent, she's not.
You claim that she's playable in a Kirby game, big whoop. There are others that are playable as well.
You claim she has "personality". Personality means jack when it comes to Sakurai adding a character.
You claim she's one of a kind. She's not; there is Ado.
You claim she's unique. This is the only valid point you have made. However, being unique is not nearly enough of a reason, as it can be applied to many other characters that like Adeleine, don't really belong. Like Rundas, though cool :troll: he may be.
Anything else not listed?

You want me to start "respecting" your arguments, give me ones that are valid and don't translate into essentially "I want her, therefore, she should be in the game".

Okay, you used "fricking" as emphasis. Why did you say "even" then? I don't know the point with the last sentence. It's like I would say something like: "Even Doctor Mario has better chances than Adeleine. Doctor Mario is badass!"

That doesn't make any sense.
*sighs* "even" was referring to the fact that Waddle Dee was just an elite mook, and he managed to become a major playable character in a main game, as compared to Adeleine. I just got through saying that.

Again, it's not about what is being said directly. It's about what signals you are sending. Your bully manners signifies perfection.
"Bully manners". :laugh:
Don't even get me started on the signals YOU have been sending.

[quoteWhat part of "From Majora's Mask" did you not understand?[/quote]
The "From Majora's Mask" part. Since well, the character in question is NOT from Majora's Mask. All three Goron Merchants are from Wind Waker.

Yeah, because Darmani and Darunia differs so much from each other, especially considering Darmani is based on Darunia. I could have written Darunia beside that picture above and you wouldn't have noticed. The message is still clear.
One is the Sage of Fire. The other is not. This implies that one would have additional fire attacks while the other would not.

Good enough for me. Add it to the chart.
I don't do demands. If I am to add it to the chart, it will be after considerable thought, not instantly because you said to add it.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Anything else not listed?
Adeleine would make an interesting Smash character and the format suits her well.
She is an important character in one of Nintendo's biggest series.
Multi-player isn't a new format for her.
It would be one of the biggest comebacks in gaming history.
It's easy to add characters from an already represented series in Smash. Adeleine is a good choice.

I can't stress this enough:

What I am trying to say isn't that Adeleine will be in Smash 4. She most likely won't, I understand that, and you all have explained why with solid arguments. But my point is that her chances aren't zero (whether you like it or not, GoldenYuiitusin) and I think that Smash is a good format for Adeleine, compared to many other characters.

I am not trying to convince anyone that she will be a playable character. I am merely trying to open up your eyes for an overlooked character that has the potential to contribute with a unique moveset and personality (for the potential story mode) to the next entry in Smash.

You want me to start "respecting" your arguments, give me ones that are valid and don't translate into essentially "I want her, therefore, she should be in the game".
Respect is an attribute that belongs in every discussion. You don't respect me as a person, but above all, you ignored all my arguments by saying that Adeleine is a playable character in Kirby 64 was my only reason for her being in Smash 4. That is incorrect.

*sighs* "even" was referring to the fact that Waddle Dee was just an elite mook, and he managed to become a major playable character in a main game, as compared to Adeleine. I just got through saying that.
This is exactly what I am saying! You are calling Waddle Dee a "mook," yet you deny the fact that you have something against him! And when I point this out, you're telling me I don't comprehend what you are saying. Preposterous.

"Bully manners". :laugh:
Don't even get me started on the signals YOU have been sending.
Please enlighten me.

The "From Majora's Mask" part. Since well, the character in question is NOT from Majora's Mask. All three Goron Merchants are from Wind Waker.
The merchant is indeed from Majora's Mask and there is only one of him. If I recall, he hadn't a name in Majora's Mask. I couldn't find a picture of him, so I took a picture of one of the merchants from Wind Waker. There is a striking resemblance, so the message is clear.

One is the Sage of Fire. The other is not. This implies that one would have additional fire attacks while the other would not.
Probably, yes. There aren't any differences in appearance though, so it doesn't really matter. Call him Darunia or Darmani, either one will do.

I don't do demands. If I am to add it to the chart, it will be after considerable thought, not instantly because you said to add it.
Well you did say that if you were going to add a Goron, it would be in that form. I thought you already had deliberated upon doing so.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Adeleine would make an interesting Smash character and the format suits her well.
Really, she's appeared once and you think she's important to the whole kirby series?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's easy to add characters from an already represented series in Smash. Adeleine is a good choice.
No, she's not. Even Magnus is more important to Kid Icarus than Adeleine is to Kirby.

I am not trying to convince anyone that she will be a playable character. I am merely trying to open up your eyes for an overlooked character that has the potential to contribute with a unique moveset and personality (for the potential story mode) to the next entry in Smash.
There's a support thread for her. Go there.

The merchant is indeed from Majora's Mask and there is only one of him. If I recall, he hadn't a name in Majora's Mask. I couldn't find a picture of him, so I took a picture of one of the merchants from Wind Waker. There is a striking resemblance, so the message is clear.
I don't remember any merchant Gorons in Majora's Mask... there was a backpacked Goron in Majora's Mask that shares his name with Link and stays on inn for the night or sleeps outside depending on whether you claim his key or not. But, he's no merchant.

Probably, yes. There aren't any differences in appearance though, so it doesn't really matter. Call him Darunia or Darmani, either one will do.
Except you're damn wrong with that statement.

The same appearence, you say? Methinks not...

Meanwhile...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ladies. Ladies. Calm down, you're both very pretty. If you want to continue an ARGUEMENT, not a debate. I suggest using PMs. Let's try and get the thread back on track.

(Golden. What is it with you and arguements? :p)

I recommend putting Ryu on the list. Capcom may choose him because of the way they have been treating Megaman lately.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ladies. Ladies. Calm down, you're both very pretty. If you want to continue an ARGUEMENT, not a debate. I suggest using PMs. Let's try and get the thread back on track.

I recommend putting Ryu on the list. Capcom may choose him because of the way they have been treating Megaman lately.
I have suggested putting Ryu on the chart before, but it's agreeable that Mega Man should be the Capcom character to be in Smash.

Even the current Street Fighter producer, Yoshinori Ono, has given preference to Mega Man in Smash rather than a Street Fighter character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Ryu is likely because he very easily could be a Mario clone. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Subjective thoughts. Not a legitmate argument.
No she isn't. She only has one game in where she was a tag-along. Aside from that, this is the same thing as claiming she's prominent, which had already been covered.
Irrelevant argument. Plenty of characters have been in multiplayer games before, and Smash even has ones that haven't even been playable at all, such as Ganondorf.
Irrelevant argument. Aside from that, her being in Smash would not be "one of the biggest comebacks in gaming history". There have been much bigger ones, many outside Nintendo, and a few within Smash, like Pit being in Brawl followed by the entire series being brought back after more than two decades. A character hardly anyone cares about being brought into a multiplayer crossover for no good reason is hardly historic when you compare all of the other comebacks that have occured in gaming history.
Being "easy to add" from an already represented series is horribly irrelevant and can pretty much be attributed to every character from a series already represented. Also Adeleine being a "good choice" is subjective.

So once again, I ask for legitimate reasoning that doesn't pertain to subjectivity.

Alright, I will be fair and state that since she is a Nintendo character, her chances aren't exactly zero persay. But it's pretty damn close to the point that you might as well say it's zero. Her only saving grace is that she is Nintendo.
As for "unique personality", that is incorrect. We barely see anything for a personality, and from what is there, we tell she's shy. We've already got a bunch of shy people in Smash.

Respect is an attribute that belongs in every discussion. You don't respect me as a person, but above all, you ignored all my arguments by saying that Adeleine is a playable character in Kirby 64 was my only reason for her being in Smash 4. That is incorrect.
I concede at that point. Though to be fair, I had already covered the other points, and you were going on THAT reasoning the most in the discussion.

This is exactly what I am saying! You are calling Waddle Dee a "mook," yet you deny the fact that you have something against him! And when I point this out, you're telling me I don't comprehend what you are saying. Preposterous.
You honestly DON'T comprehend what I am saying, because you don't even get what I mean by "mook" and "elite mook".
"Mook is a generic term used in fictional media for a group of enemy characters that are insignificant to the plot and simply there to be killed by the protagonist." Examples: a Goomba, a Waddle Dee, an Octorok, etc.
The Waddle Dee NAMED "Waddle Dee" WAS a mook prior to Return to Dream Land. But he was an elite mook, given that he was different from others in his species by having a bandana and overall durability when you attack him in Super Star Ultra (though there have been other Dees with this durability).
Read through these tropes to understand.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mooks
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EliteMooks

Perhaps you were thinking of the insulting term Timon uses in The Lion King, used as a synonym for moron?

Please enlighten me.
I'd rather not this go off topic turn into a pissing contest about who's giving off worse vibes, so let's just leave it at that.

Do you have any proof of this? I've been trying to find a source that confirms what you are saying, but everywhere I look, there is nothing to be found that mentions there being a recurring Goron Merchant from both MM and WW. Both Zeldapedia and Zelda Wiki also state that the Traveling Merchants are from Wind Waker with no mention of Majora's Mask.
Also, all generic Gorons have a similar appearance. Saying there is a "striking resemblance" doesn't mean anything.

As Frost pointed out, this is false.

Well you did say that if you were going to add a Goron, it would be in that form. I thought you already had deliberated upon doing so.
Yes, IF. IF is the key word.

I really wish people would stop acting as though Capcom hates Mega Man. Also, this:
Capcom has made it clear that Mega Man in Smash is perfectly fine, though it is up to Sakurai. Since Mega Man is the one that is getting the requests, and not Ryu, it's pretty obvious which one Sakurai would ask for (if at all).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sheesh. So much arguing.

To deter the arguing, here comes my awful attempt at changing the subject! Characters that you COULD add...

E.Gadd (Luigi's Mansion)- could possibly appear if Luigi for some reason gets his own icon. I am really hoping this doesn't happen.

uh...im trying really hard to think of characters that no one has thought about..uhhhhhh...

Geno?

Tom Nook- He's pretty handy when you need him to buy some suspicious bones from you.

Alright I give up. There was my pathetic attempt at changing the conversation. Fission Mailed

D

Deleted member

Eh, E. Gadd doesn't seem like he'd be one to join the fray...kind of like Cranky Kong, who deserves to be in Smash, but would be hecka weird (and probably awesome at the same time) to imagine him actually becoming playable.
Though if he did, I guess he'd take Mario's F.L.U.D.D. and get the Poltergust so that Luigi doesn't get changed. :troll: Such trolling, being able to push opponents away and bring opponents closer in the same moveset...

Geno, I've been pondering about, given that despite being a one-off Mario character that Square-Enix owns, he DID manage to get enough popularity to become one of the more discussed and requested characters for Brawl somehow. Judging by what I've heard from Chrono, as well as Shortie's poll, it seems that the Geno fanbase hasn't quite completely died yet.
Going by that, it is theoretically possible that Sakurai would look into him this time around (which I hope he doesn't...). So I may add Geno to the chart.

As for Tom Nook, Sakurai directly mentioned the player character as one he thought about for Brawl. So if Animal Crossing does get a character this time around, it's going to be the player human.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
you want to continue an ARGUEMENT, not a debate. I suggest using PMs. Let's try and get the thread back on track.
We have discussed within the scope of what this thread actually deals with. The thread hasn't been off-topic and it's a forum, after all.

Sheesh. So much arguing.
I hate when people have different opinions and express them in a forum according to all rules! /sarcasm.

Subjective thoughts. Not a legitmate argument.
Like subjective thoughts don't matter when deciding which characters should be in Smash in the first place. In the end, it's about finding interesting characters that can improve the roster. Finding the more obscure characters that can do this takes more skills and overall understanding of the game than selecting between the most popular characters.

No she isn't. She only has one game in where she was a tag-along. Aside from that, this is the same thing as claiming she's prominent, which had already been covered.
*This is regarding Adeleine's importance in Kirby 64*
I really think we need to define importance, because we obviously haven't the same view regarding that.
Why not define an "important character" as a character that the series in question can't live without? Then we have Mario, Kirby, Link, Fox, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong, Samus, Sonic and Snake. The rest surely isn't of importance for their respective series. For instance, we don't need Meta Knight as there are Kirby games without him (same goes for other villains, like Bowser and Ganondorf).

There aren't many important characters (with this definition) on your chart. Balloon Fighter, Professor Layton and a few more. How can you then deny Adeleine?

Irrelevant argument. Plenty of characters have been in multiplayer games before, and Smash even has ones that haven't even been playable at all, such as Ganondorf.
Still affects her chances in a positive way. The fact that other characters haven't been playable at all before Smash is irrelevant; they fulfilled other important criteria.

Irrelevant argument. Aside from that, her being in Smash would not be "one of the biggest comebacks in gaming history". There have been much bigger ones, many outside Nintendo, and a few within Smash, like Pit being in Brawl followed by the entire series being brought back after more than two decades. A character hardly anyone cares about being brought into a multiplayer crossover for no good reason is hardly historic when you compare all of the other comebacks that have occured in gaming history.
Bringing back a character that never really had any popularity into the spotlights, giving her potential to her own games some day is by all means a big comeback. Pit had his own series from the beginning, reviving that was impressive, but nowhere near the potential of bringing Adeleine back.

This has rarely occured in the gaming industry, so don't pretend that it's hardly historic.

Being "easy to add" from an already represented series is horribly irrelevant and can pretty much be attributed to every character from a series already represented. Also Adeleine being a "good choice" is subjective.
That's why you need to rely on other factors as well.

Alright, I will be fair and state that since she is a Nintendo character, her chances aren't exactly zero persay.
Then why did you say so in the first place?

But it's pretty damn close to the point that you might as well say it's zero.
Thanks, Captain. I have already pointed out that her chances are small.

As for "unique personality", that is incorrect. We barely see anything for a personality, and from what is there, we tell she's shy. We've already got a bunch of shy people in Smash.
I'd say mystic and shy with a hint of a heart of a true hero. The grace of which she wields the pencil, one can see that she loves her profession with a passion and therefore is loyal and serious towards any task she will encounter.

You honestly DON'T comprehend what I am saying, because you don't even get what I mean by "mook" and "elite mook".
"Mook is a generic term used in fictional media for a group of enemy characters that are insignificant to the plot and simply there to be killed by the protagonist." Examples: a Goomba, a Waddle Dee, an Octorok, etc.
The Waddle Dee NAMED "Waddle Dee" WAS a mook prior to Return to Dream Land. But he was an elite mook, given that he was different from others in his species by having a bandana and overall durability when you attack him in Super Star Ultra (though there have been other Dees with this durability).
Read through these tropes to understand.

Perhaps you were thinking of the insulting term Timon uses in The Lion King, used as a synonym for moron?
English isn't my native language, so I am not familiar with slang like "mook." I looked up the word in Urban Dictionary and my conclusion was that it meant "jerk, idiot, ******, loser" or similar. I assumed that you were negative towards Waddle Dee, which you definitely shouldn't.

Do you have any proof of this? I've been trying to find a source that confirms what you are saying, but everywhere I look, there is nothing to be found that mentions there being a recurring Goron Merchant from both MM and WW. Both Zeldapedia and Zelda Wiki also state that the Traveling Merchants are from Wind Waker with no mention of Majora's Mask.
Also, all generic Gorons have a similar appearance. Saying there is a "striking resemblance" doesn't mean anything.
Talk about quibbling. He might not be a merchant, but he looks like the traveling merchants from Wind Waker, so I thought it was an appropriate name to give him. Apparently, this was not the case. You know which Goron I am referring to.

Appearance is more than physical attributes, it's also a matter of style. They both wear the same, unique hat and they both shamble around.

As Frost pointed out, this is false.
Doesn't matter, the point is that Goron's should be represented, be it in the form of Darunia or Darmani. Pick the one you think will do the job best.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bringing back a character that never really had any popularity into the spotlights, giving her potential to her own games some day is by all means a big comeback. Pit had his own series from the beginning, reviving that was impressive, but nowhere near the potential of bringing Adeleine back.
Reviving a whole series is by all means a much bigger comeback than the return of an obscure character in a still flourishing series.

English isn't my native language, so I am not familiar with slang like "mook." I looked up the word in Urban Dictionary and my conclusion was that it meant "jerk, idiot, ******, loser" or similar. I assumed that you were negative towards Waddle Dee, which you definitely shouldn't.
A "mook" is a generic enemy. For example, a goomba.
Got that meaning from TV Tropes.

Doesn't matter, the point is that Goron's should be represented, be it in the form of Darunia or Darmani. Pick the one you think will do the job best.
Don't get me wrong, revelation of a playable Goron would be a MAJOR hype killer. Same with Adeleine, as she doesn't have the trump card of being a retro. Few people want a Kirby newcomer, and almost nobody wants it to be Adeleine.

And by the way, why are you arguing here? The thread was created by Golden, and the Chart by AEM. Since both disagree with you, there's no way Adeleine will be on the chart. It doesn't make sense to continue the argument/debate.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
@FalKoopa: You have obviously not read any post written by neither GoldenYuiitsuin nor me.

Reviving a whole series is by all means a much bigger comeback than the return of an obscure character in a still flourishing series.
Disagreed. By reviving a new series, you only continue where you left off. If reviving Adeleine, on the other hand, would lead to her having her own game series, it would most definitely be a much bigger comeback.

I guess you thought Duke Nukem was the comeback of the decade...

A "mook" is a generic enemy. For example, a goomba.
Got that meaning from TV Tropes.
That's exactly what GoldenYuiitusin said. I get it.

Don't get me wrong, revelation of a playable Goron would be a MAJOR hype killer. Same with Adeleine, as she doesn't have the trump card of being a retro. Few people want a Kirby newcomer, and almost nobody wants it to be Adeleine.
Why would Goron be a "major" hype killer? And if Adeleine would be confirmed, it would be the biggest hype of the year. What Sakurai can make out of her is beyond my imagination.

And by the way, why are you arguing here? The thread was created by Golden, and the Chart by AEM. Since both disagree with you, there's no way Adeleine will be on the chart. It doesn't make sense to continue the argument/debate.
If you had read my posts, you would know.

GoldenYuiitusin and AEM have already said that they won't add Adeleine, and I respect that, it's GoldenYuiitsuin's thread after all. As for why I continue the argument, I refer to my previous posts.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@FalKoopa: You have obviously not read any post written by neither GoldenYuiitsuin nor me.
Nope, I've read all of them.

If reviving Adeleine, on the other hand, would lead to her having her own game series, it would most definitely be a much bigger comeback.
That's a really big IF.
How much big? This big: :troll:
IF

Why would Goron be a "major" hype killer?
Because no one sees him as deserving a spot in the roster.

And if Adeleine would be confirmed, it would be the biggest hype of the year. What Sakurai can make out of her is beyond my imagination.
Disagreed. Hype is generated by a popular character, not an obscure one. The hype generator this time will be Mewtwo or Mega Man.

If you had read my posts, you would know.
Despite reading your posts, I couldn't find it. I'm sorry for my poor reading comprehension. :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Disagreed. By reviving a new series, you only continue where you left off. If reviving Adeleine, on the other hand, would lead to her having her own game series, it would most definitely be a much bigger comeback.
I seriously hope you're kidding here. You actually think Adeleine could get a Spin-off franchise? Do you even know why Kid Icarus got revived?

Why would Goron be a "major" hype killer? And if Adeleine would be confirmed, it would be the biggest hype of the year. What Sakurai can make out of her is beyond my imagination.
Maybe for you, but Adeleine is no Sonic.

Top Bottom