• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This leak has driven the fanbase insane...

Must be the stench. Who likes to smell water from the gutter anyway?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well I mean, maybe there's a limit to how many members you can have in a group?
Possibly, but this happened a few days ago, they hadn't hit their limit at that point.

Anyway its fine now since again its public, which it should have been but whatever, just wanted to put it out there.

This leak has driven the fanbase insane...

Must be the stench. Who likes to smell water from the gutter anyway?
Even so, there's no need to act like they're beneath you. This is what i was talking about in my first post.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That's another thing, I usually associate TTYD soundtracks with you, which is another reason I initially doubted it was you :laugh:

You really do like that game, though. I should check it out some time.
Ok, I know what I'll say might be pointless, but I have to try.

Get it as soon as possible.

This game while being so amazing has one thing that you should be aware: you can't grasp it without playing.

It's really like earthbound where the experience you get is only possible to know by playing. There was stuff that seemed normal on looking, but by playing, they were far more significant.

I love this game for several reasons. The whole design match perfectly my tastes. The game has a crazy amount of details and that even goes for the text. Battles are the only one so far in any RPG I played that gets never boring every time even for pointless fight since they are so satisfying. Mechanics involves lots of strategy that needs to be changed as you progress. Humor is really hilarious being a mix between earthbound 4th wall jokes with absurd silliness. The story creativity and deepness got pushed significantly for mario game standard even if peach is kidnapped again. The music has an unique style that uses unusual sounds in the background that just enhance greatly immersion. Some of the tracks are just so good that I wanted to hear them again and again. Some are even based on main series tracks and doesn't even sounds like them, but pretty far.

And of course, this game blew my mind so much that it became my second best game while the first is a foundation and thus, locked...SSBM.

I spent 6 months of glitch hunt before heavy supporting the character here. Yes, it was mostly because of TTYD.

So, if you ever consider getting it, DO NOT IGNORE. I wanted to share my love of this game so others would live it.

Fun fact: my avatar is an upscaled version of Paper Mario's arms original texture from TTYD. I found those in the weirdest place ever and I still don't know why they are there, but it just looks silly. Made this:

Hope I convinced you, but really, it's art.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The hated 4 are reasonably rejected. (Yet one of them still has a theme park ride at Animal Kingdom loosely based on it.) I thought Brother Bear was dull to watch the whole way through, and I haven't fully watched Atlantis or Treasure Planet to critique them.

Wreck It Ralph was one of the few recent films that I couldn't stop thinking about for a while after watching the first time. Despite the video game lore, its just awesome on its own merits. Vanellope and Ralph make the film.
I'll give you my input on Atlantis, wasted potential in terms of plot and characters throughout. If only they have spent more time on it, it could have been much better. Same thing went for Treasure Planet, though it was also because it was considered a disappointment compared to its original source material (what they did with Ben is a glaring example).

I've also added Bolt and Meet the Robinsons to my original post since I've found the both of them very underrated movies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
New sig roster. This is gonna be my final roster unless there's characters not on mine revealed playable.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'll give you my input on Atlantis, wasted potential in terms of plot and characters throughout. If only they have spent more time on it, it could have been much better. Same thing went for Treasure Planet, though it was also because it was considered a disappointment compared to its original source material (what they did with Ben is a glaring example).

I've also added Bolt and Meet the Robinsons to my original post since I've found the both of them very underrated movies.
I remember Atlantis having a nice art style, though that's the only thing I remember from the few scenes I saw. Treasure Planet too.

I thought Bolt was alright, but nothing worth watching many times. And I actually watched only the second half of Meet the Robinsons when I was on holiday at WDW Florida in March. I had no idea why or what was happening (because time travel, I guess) but it seemed to have something going on with its characters/story. I probably should watch it the whole way through when I'm bothered.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Ok, I know what I'll say might be pointless, but I have to try.

Get it as soon as possible.

This game while being so amazing has one thing that you should be aware: you can't grasp it without playing.

It's really like earthbound where the experience you get is only possible to know by playing. There was stuff that seemed normal on looking, but by playing, they were far more significant.

I love this game for several reasons. The whole design match perfectly my tastes. The game has a crazy amount of details and that even goes for the text. Battles are the only one so far in any RPG I played that gets never boring every time even for pointless fight since they are so satisfying. Mechanics involves lots of strategy that needs to be changed as you progress. Humor is really hilarious being a mix between earthbound 4th wall jokes with absurd silliness. The story creativity and deepness got pushed significantly for mario game standard even if peach is kidnapped again. The music has an unique style that uses unusual sounds in the background that just enhance greatly immersion. Some of the tracks are just so good that I wanted to hear them again and again. Some are even based on main series tracks and doesn't even sounds like them, but pretty far.

And of course, this game blew my mind so much that it became my second best game while the first is a foundation and thus, locked...SSBM.

I spent 6 months of glitch hunt before heavy supporting the character here. Yes, it was mostly because of TTYD.

So, if you ever consider getting it, DO NOT IGNORE. I wanted to share my love of this game so others would live it.

Fun fact: my avatar is an upscaled version of Paper Mario's arms original texture from TTYD. I found those in the weirdest place ever and I still don't know why they are there, but it just looks silly. Made this:

Hope I convinced you, but really, it's art.
I've now been on the forum for long enough to see @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 post this twice. MILESTONE

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even so, there's no need to act like they're beneath you. This is what i was talking about in my first post.
I was joking with that comment. Except the "driving the fanbase insane" part.

Also, we have two twin plumbers we can entrust to fix the leak. :troll:

Soul.

I dont understand it either, but it doesn't matter anymore since its public.

My point still stands however.
Lol. I'm sure competitive groups would be visible for every user. As I said before, leaks are full of wish lists and guessing games.
Some may be true, but that's what they are, honestly.

D

Deleted member

I have a 360, but it's at a pawnshop at the moment. I played Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed, MvC3, Banjo-Tooie, and some game demos, and to be honest, I kinda like Colors more than Generations. 2010 had a new feeling, atleast for me, after all.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Please, everybody knows that this song is the best of them all!
Pure. Musical. Genius.
So we posting disturbing VGM now?

This song almost always comes to mind. Pretty infamous, so I'm sure many have heard of it already. Now, there's probably some creepy and suspenseful tracks in a lot of horror games or whatever, however, I'm going to pick on this one because I haven't heard anything like it before -- it's pretty "out there".

I haven't played Shadow Man, however, I've seen walkthroughs of the game. Iirc, in this area, you're running around in a grim-looking, asylum-like building, so the general colours of the environment is dark. Plus, this song is playing... There's a bunch of rooms you could explore, and some of them are pretty messed up. Like this one (warning: bloody) with it's splattered images all over the walls (yeah, I do think some rooms have interesting symbolism going on). There's a room that resembles a child's room; the walls (sky & cloud wallpaper) and flooring are bright colours and there's giant letter blocks. The only letters on the blocks' faces are: H, E, and L. I'm sure you could figure out what these blocks are trying to spell. The music seems to be contrasting itself (we have the soothing music box tune playing and disturbing sound effects/melodies in the background), but that's what I like about it.

Sometimes a track by itself may not be all that disturbing, however, when playing the game and viewing the environment all around, it really makes the music piece shine (and by "shine" I mean bring up its qualities, like the eeriness in this case). Levels and the music go hand to hand, and I find it nice when they compliment each other (or sometimes contrast).

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I always thought Duck Hunt Dog would be a great Assist Trophy.

What does it do? It appears, belts out its iconic laugh, and disappears with no effect whatsoever, making it the AT version of Goldeen. :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've never been on live television either kid ;-;

:50 is the most epic zoom I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
So we posting disturbing VGM now?

This song almost always comes to mind. Pretty infamous, so I'm sure many have heard of it already. Now, there's probably some creepy and suspenseful tracks in a lot of horror games or whatever, however, I'm going to pick on this one because I haven't heard anything like it before -- it's pretty "out there".

I haven't played Shadow Man, however, I've seen walkthroughs of the game. Iirc, in this area, you're running around in a grim-looking, asylum-like building, so the general colours of the environment is dark. Plus, this song is playing... There's a bunch of rooms you could explore, and some of them are pretty messed up. Like this one (warning: bloody) with it's splattered images all over the walls (yeah, I do think some rooms have interesting symbolism going on). There's a room that resembles a child's room; the walls (sky & cloud wallpaper) and flooring are bright colours and there's giant letter blocks. The only letters on the blocks' faces are: H, E, and L. I'm sure you could figure out what these blocks are trying to spell. The music seems to be contrasting itself (we have the soothing music box tune playing and disturbing sound effects/melodies in the background), but that's what I like about it.

Sometimes a track by itself may not be all that disturbing, however, when playing the game and viewing the environment all around, it really makes the music piece shine (and by "shine" I mean bring up its qualities, like the eeriness in this case). Levels and the music go hand to hand, and I find it nice when they compliment each other (or sometimes contrast).
Niiice, those kinds of contrasts are always interesting, separately, music and video work nicely, but when they're fused in the work they create something great.

I dont think so. I bought it from Amazon.
dang. :/

D

Deleted member

So Microsoft is apparently ditching the feature phones and possibly the Asha line (both made by Nokia) to concentrate on Windows Phone. This could lead to.. cheaper Lumia phones, I guess?

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Also, talking about disturbing VGMs and games in general, did you guys ever play Parasite Eve? That game was cool; I just can't forget the part when the rat transforms. (warning: gore)

So Microsoft is apparently ditching the feature phones and possibly the Asha line (both made by Nokia) to concentrate on Windows Phone. This could lead to.. cheaper Lumia phones, I guess?
Nooo, the Nokia Asha is pretty :( I still have my good 'ole E5 though, and I don't plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom