• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ah. I don't think @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 has ever uploaded non TTYD music. But I dunno.
Do you read the potd thread when the pic releases?

That's where I do it the most. I just like to do that depending how I feel. Even before July 29, I did it at least once quite frequently (almost once a day). So, you haven't seen me doing it maybe because you weren't reading the potd thread before pics are released in let's say last 1-2 months.

Which I think is the case considering you joined a little more than a month ago, but this thread is very fun since everyone is hype to see a pic.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So apparently Marvel is being labeled sexist and offensive for this comic cover:

but no one complains about this:

I love equality.

D

Deleted member

Nooo, the Nokia Asha is pretty :( I still have my good 'ole E5 though, and I don't plan
Oh, I see. I really don't need a smartphone. I can do all that stuff with a computer.. though, I have a very old Nokia cellphone, but I rarely use it.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Oh, I see. I really don't need a smartphone. I can do all that stuff with a computer.. though, I have a very old Nokia cellphone, but I rarely use it.
hah, I forgot to finish my sentence, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon; yeah, smartphones don't really appeal to me, I'm not too big on the whole touch gimmicks, they're unresponsive for me all the time :(

And well, with the whole sexist thing, I mean, the pose is sultrier than spiderman's, but it's normal to stylize stuff when drawing, specially with comics, sometimes people just make huge dramas out of things that make no sense, I remember seeing once that moms were complaning about how they sexualized Merida for their doll line, it was really dumb.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So apparently Marvel is being labeled sexist and offensive for this comic cover:

but no one complains about this:

I love equality.
Reminds me of the fighting game double standard. Basically, having women wear midriffs and boyshorts or whatever is unethical but having the men have exposed chests and abs is perfectly fine.

I guess the men get away with it because women want their "prince charming".

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Reminds me of the fighting game double standard. Basically, having women wear midriffs and boyshorts or whatever is unethical but having the men have exposed chests and abs is perfectly fine.

I guess the men get away with it because women want their "prince charming".
Haha, at least in mmo's , playing as girl chars make me uncomfortable with the amount of time spent on the designs of their smallclothes whereas guys get super badass armors; but somehow the bouncing chainmail bikini clad paladin has more defense? well okay. That still has me scratching my head at FE:A's Dark Mages.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I have returned. Surprisingly, I do not have a Homura for this. Hoo boy did I miss stuff though. Possible roster leak, Ghirahim Disconfirmation, people watching Madoka and of course, Sakurai's twitter post.

@ Superyoshiom Superyoshiom I can make that video now if you still want one.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
All I needed to read. I am going to get this game.
Euh...read the sentence. I was pointing the fact that you need to play to get it like this game.

But there is stuff from earthbound that I still don't know why they are there. Stuff like a music being very similar to another in the other game, jokes in IRL context and the first turn mechanic.

Tough I have to say this: if you love earthbound, high chance for TTYD.

D

Deleted member

hah, I forgot to finish my sentence, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon; yeah, smartphones don't really appeal to me, I'm not too big on the whole touch gimmicks, they're unresponsive for me all the time :(
My iPod touch 4G tends to crash a lot these days; this did not happen when used in its first year. I don't know what's the cause, it's probably because of the RAM, I guess? For that, I'd save money for stuff like the Surface Pro that can do more than a smartphone.. but of course, that's an ultrabook in a tablet body.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also, talking about disturbing VGMs and games in general, did you guys ever play Parasite Eve? That game was cool; I just can't forget the part when the rat transforms. (warning: gore)
Haven't played Parasite Eve, but I've heard and seen gameplay. I particularly love this theme. So intense!

I should really get the game

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
My iPod touch 4G tends to crash a lot these days; this did not happen when used in its first year. I don't know what's the cause, it's probably because of the RAM, I guess? For that, I'd save money for stuff like the Surface Pro that can do more than a smartphone.. but of course, that's an ultrabook in a tablet body.
There's this philosophy about giving hardware a specific lifetime, considering how often apple changes their hardware it could be about their software updates too, forcing the user to change to newer hardware so it runs smoothly and blah blah.

I still have my Ipod Classic, since I'm not one to really use the apps or any of those things it works fine for me, for gaemz I've got the 3ds now :upsidedown:

And eh, it pretty much depends on the kind of work you do, as long as you find a good use in the technology it's not a waste of cash.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Ok, I know what I'll say might be pointless, but I have to try.

Get it as soon as possible.

This game while being so amazing has one thing that you should be aware: you can't grasp it without playing.

It's really like earthbound where the experience you get is only possible to know by playing. There was stuff that seemed normal on looking, but by playing, they were far more significant.

I love this game for several reasons. The whole design match perfectly my tastes. The game has a crazy amount of details and that even goes for the text. Battles are the only one so far in any RPG I played that gets never boring every time even for pointless fight since they are so satisfying. Mechanics involves lots of strategy that needs to be changed as you progress. Humor is really hilarious being a mix between earthbound 4th wall jokes with absurd silliness. The story creativity and deepness got pushed significantly for mario game standard even if peach is kidnapped again. The music has an unique style that uses unusual sounds in the background that just enhance greatly immersion. Some of the tracks are just so good that I wanted to hear them again and again. Some are even based on main series tracks and doesn't even sounds like them, but pretty far.

And of course, this game blew my mind so much that it became my second best game while the first is a foundation and thus, locked...SSBM.

I spent 6 months of glitch hunt before heavy supporting the character here. Yes, it was mostly because of TTYD.

So, if you ever consider getting it, DO NOT IGNORE. I wanted to share my love of this game so others would live it.

Fun fact: my avatar is an upscaled version of Paper Mario's arms original texture from TTYD. I found those in the weirdest place ever and I still don't know why they are there, but it just looks silly. Made this:

Hope I convinced you, but really, it's art.
Yeah, what I think makes the game so great was all of the creative areas you go to, it really feels like an adventure and makes you want to explore everything, it always leaves you to wonder whats next. One of the big problems that I had with Sticker Star- it had all the classic Mario tropes such as the desert, plains and snow area. I never finished TTYD though, because the disc got super scratched up, but its still one of my favorite games.

PS: rubbing toothpaste on a disk doesn't buff the scratches...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Do you read the potd thread when the pic releases?

That's where I do it the most. I just like to do that depending how I feel. Even before July 29, I did it at least once quite frequently (almost once a day). So, you haven't seen me doing it maybe because you weren't reading the potd thread before pics are released in let's say last 1-2 months.

Which I think is the case considering you joined a little more than a month ago, but this thread is very fun since everyone is hype to see a pic.
Ah, alright. While it's true that I've only been Blargg for a month, I've actually been on Smashboards since the beginning of April 2014. Mostly the PotD thread, actually. I guess I just never noticed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, what I think makes the game so great was all of the creative areas you go to, it really feels like an adventure and makes you want to explore everything, it always leaves you to wonder whats next. One of the big problems that I had with Sticker Star- it had all the classic Mario tropes such as the desert, plains and snow area. I never finished TTYD though, because the disc got super scratched up, but its still one of my favorite games.

PS: rubbing toothpaste on a disk doesn't buff the scratches...
That's so bad. There's a cutscene at the end that honestly made me wonder if I was still playing a video game.

I think people who beat it knows what this cutscene is.

EDIT

Ah, alright. While it's true that I've only been Blargg for a month, I've actually been on Smashboards since the beginning of April 2014. Mostly the PotD thread, actually. I guess I just never noticed.
You just missed it. I became the OP of the thread at the end of April where I really started to gather support.

Actually, I'm glad I got the list to more than 100. I feel weird looking at KKR with more than 400 :)

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's so bad. There's a cutscene at the end that honestly made me wonder if I was still playing a video game.

I think people who beat it knows what this cutscene is.
Is it the sunset scene? The goodbye scene? Those seem like they would make sense.

Edit: Or maybe the "We Believe in you Mario" Scene near the end?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Euh...read the sentence. I was pointing the fact that you need to play to get it like this game.

But there is stuff from earthbound that I still don't know why they are there. Stuff like a music being very similar to another in the other game, jokes in IRL context and the first turn mechanic.

Tough I have to say this: if you love earthbound, high chance for TTYD.
Yeah, I know, I was just kidding. Still gonna play the game, though.

Alright, I have returned. Surprisingly, I do not have a Homura for this. Hoo boy did I miss stuff though. Possible roster leak, Ghirahim Disconfirmation, people watching Madoka and of course, Sakurai's twitter post.

Hooray, Kermit's back! If it's too much trouble for you, you don't have to make that video. It's just easier to play the theme over whatever Smash video I see. Speaking of which...

For those of you who have never heard of this song, THIS MUSIC IS AMAZING

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is your username's origin!?
Hahahah, It's the name of a park in my city, I was having a hard time thinking of a username for a gaming site; so I went screw it and tried that, now I've been using the same username for all my game related stuff, easier to keep track of it that way. It's a pretty damn weird word right? Makes even less sense in spanish :p

I'm back guys. Oh, wait. No one missed me.
I've missed you a lot.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is it the sunset scene? The goodbye scene? Those seem like they would make sense.

Edit: Or maybe the "We Believe in you Mario" Scene near the end?
The latest.

I seriously could not believe the music. Along with the encouragement text...That was just too much.

That's why I don't use this music that much often. It's the best vgm I've heard since I never felt that much motivated after hearing a music. I only post it if I'm really hype like I rarely was and special occasion.

You can bet that playing this music is the first thing I'm going to do if confirmed. It's so...perfect.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The latest.

I seriously could not believe the music. Along with the encouragement text...That was just too much.

That's why I don't use this music that much often. It's the best vgm I've heard since I never felt that much motivated after hearing a music. I only post it if I'm really hype like I rarely was and special occasion.

You can bet that playing this music is the first thing I'm going to do if confirmed. It's so...perfect.
I agree with you on that one, actually. The "We Believe in you Mario" music is actually personally one of my favorite video game music pieces ever. And the scene was good too.

Soul.

So, uh, I just EV trained the Charizard I got a while ago. lol
inb4 The PotD is about Smash Run. That should be hype. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hooray, Kermit's back! If it's too much trouble for you, you don't have to make that video. It's just easier to play the theme over whatever Smash video I see.
It's not too much of an issue to make it if only the recording would stop lagging when Super Scopes spawn though.

Possibly the worst match I've ever played though, especially against a level 1 CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's this philosophy about giving hardware a specific lifetime, considering how often apple changes their hardware it could be about their software updates too, forcing the user to change to newer hardware so it runs smoothly and blah blah.

I still have my Ipod Classic, since I'm not one to really use the apps or any of those things it works fine for me, for gaemz I've got the 3ds now :upsidedown:

And eh, it pretty much depends on the kind of work you do, as long as you find a good use in the technology it's not a waste of cash.
I wonder when will the iPod classic ever get a refresh (I'm talking about a new model / version). Apple pretty much seems to focus more on the iPod touch, nano, and shuffle these days.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I wonder when will the iPod classic ever get a refresh (I'm talking about a new model / version). Apple pretty much seems to focus more on the iPod touch, nano, and shuffle these days.
iPod Classic deserves more love mhm.

Aw shucks guys. That makes me so happy I want to.....
Why doesn't this have more views?!
Noooo, I had forgotten it already! :dizzy: Why you do this man?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

What?

What Sakurai said? I was busy this week so maybe I missed it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've been meaning to ask, what the hell is your username's origin!?
It's a secret, but since you're such a nice guy, I'll tell ya (and everyone else who wants to listen).

Okay, name origin.

A long time ago, I knew this classmate, Mike, who really loved Super Mario. He was kinda obsessed with all things Mario, however, he seemed like a nice person. When I was working on a school group project with him after school, 2 of our members left early, so it was only Mike and I. He brought his backpack that looked stuffed with things and he took out a manga. It was Vol. 41 of Pokemon Adventures, Japanese version. I didn't know he could read Japanese, or that he liked pokemon for the matter. Although, he did have a Riolu keychain, so there's that.

He was reading the manga, and I took a break and walked around the hallways. I looked outside a window, and saw a thunderstorm happening. It was a really weird storm. The dark clouds looked like they were swirling around each other. Worst part is, there were few people in the school at this time as it was pretty late already. I ran back to Mike, but he was gone. I ran through all the hallways on the 2nd floor I was on, but couldn't find him.

I looked through a window that pointed to the school's backyard, and I saw someone who looked like Mike near the track field. I ran to the area, and called out his name, but Mike didn't listen. It was very windy, and the rain fell harder.

Mike turned around and said, "It is time".

Suddenly, lightning struck the area in front of Mike, and the ground started to crack. In fact, the crack started to get bigger and bigger. Then, a giant bright laser from the crack came blasting out, and pierced the clouds. The laser stayed there, sucking in everything around it that wasn't firmly on the ground, like leaves, garbage, flying breeds, etc.

I screamed, and wanted to run away, but I didn't want to leave Mike alone. And I didn't understand why he stood in the same spot.

Mike threw his hands in the air, and yelled, "I was born for this moment of truth! You gods will not destroy this land!"

His body rose up to the sky and bright rays started to blast out of his hands. I watched in shock and the laser started to disappear and the crack fixed itself. Then, Mike said something about sacrificing himself in order to protect this school.

I was scared, and yelled "Eeeek!" as the lightning struck the area in front of me.

Nevertheless, I built up enough courage and asked what Mike meant about the sacrifice. Mike explained that from birth he was chosen to be the one to stop this apocalypse. He just had a feeling inside that he knew this day would come. Before he stopped the storm and disappeared into oblivion, he whispered, "Care, respect, open heart, peace, harmony... having these will help humanity strive and help the world be a better place. As a community, we must practice these morals... My time is up..."

With that, Mike exploded out light, then disappeared along with the storm. All that was left was his backpack, which had the word "Maru-2W0" written on the front and the Vol. 41 Pokemon manga, which I kept in memory of him.

My name is a combination of all these things that had to do with Mike. I will always remember him, and the great speech he gave me.

Well, I wish my name had some epic story behind it. Let's just say I may or may not have been drunk and thought it would be fun to have a username which mostly composed of me smashing my keyboard randomly. Max character limit is what I wanted to aim for too!

D

Deleted member

What?

He didn't say anything related to Smash, but apparently this is an actual post he made. I've been geeking out for a while about Sakurai also apparently being a Homura fan.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's not too much of an issue to make it if only the recording would stop lagging when Super Scopes spawn though.

Possibly the worst match I've ever played though, especially against a level 1 CPU.
Oh, thank you for that!

What?

I think he's referring to Sakurai's twitter post about the third Madoka Magica movie and Homura.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom