• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Gamepad's just fine for me. Otherwise, Wii U Pro Controller. MIGHT have the Gamecube adaptor, just because I MIGHT get the bundle (game + adaptor/controller) and that's only because I MIGHT have friends over that prefer Gamecube controller.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Don't double post!
I tried playing on the GC controller/wiimote+nunchuck/classic controller but I Have a hard time doing the forward tilts.
Yeah the wiimote is probably better with forward tilts. I used to play with the classic controller for a while, but when I went back to it after playing with the Gamecube contoller I HATED IT!
:4littlemac::4myfriends::4falcon:

I already have one. Not the official one though
Did you get the adapter that you plug into the wiimote?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll be using the Wii U Pro Controller. I love it a ton and I use it to play Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros. Crusade to get me ready for Smash Wii U. Even though I preordered the Wii U Smash bundle, I didn't get the GameCube adapter for me but rather any of my friends who want to use the GameCube controller.

HYPE GET!!!

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I'll be using the Wii U Pro Controller. I love it a ton and I use it to play Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros. Crusade to get me ready for Smash Wii U. Even though I preordered the Wii U Smash bundle, I didn't get the GameCube adapter for me but rather any of my friends who want to use the GameCube controller.

HYPE GET!!!
I like the Wii U pro controller a lot. I might actually consider using it if I get used to the 3DS button layout. A little off topic, but Waluigi was on my wishlist too ;(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
One of these days I'll probably get a GameCube controller for SSF2. But I've gotten too lazy.
Maybe once the adapter comes out I'll get one of those controllers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A bit old, but still funny. Keep an eye on the SSB4 picture caption Thread to see whether you've already been beaten to it or not. ;)

I'm going to buy Shovel Knight now. Looks fun.
Get it. It's gets hard later on, but still manages to be fun. The NES-esque feel of the game is great too. Which version are you getting?

Last edited:

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
One of these days I'll probably get a GameCube controller for SSF2. But I've gotten too lazy.
My friend and I went to a Best Buy (Smash Fest) and the Pro Controller actually feels pretty nice, but it takes time to get used to.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My friend and I went to a Best Buy (Smash Fest) and the Pro Controller actually feels pretty nice, but it takes time to get used to.
Eh, I'm just using the GameCube controller since it means less hassle.
Unless the Wii Pro Controller is better on a computer...

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Eh, I'm just using the GameCube controller since it means less hassle.
Unless the Wii Pro Controller is better on a computer...
Yeah I am gonna use the Gamecube controller. The Pro controller felt nice and all, but the Gamecube controller is just amazing for Smash.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Everybody's talking about controllers earlier. How can something like this be so tiresome? RELAX! The Wii U version won't be out for months, we'll know what controllers are compatible with the game in good time.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Everybody's talking about controllers earlier. How can something like this be so tiresome? RELAX! The Wii U version won't be out for months, we'll know what controllers are compatible with the game in good time.
...I'm talking about Smash Flash 2.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Looking at the Youtube comments on the trailer at January, someone said it's set at August 2014. May be false though.
If I'm correct, that was because of an April Fools joke they did a while back ("revealing" Mr. Incredible. Which saddened me more when I saw it was a joke).

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
You should. It's pretty much the closest you would ever get to a perfect platformer. Also does anyone know when the dlc comes out?
Nobody knows yet sadly ;( They said there is more information yet to be revealed soon.

pickle962

Smash Lord
You know its scary when you think about how long you've been following something and your first thought whisks you back to when you first discovered it which for me in the case of Super Smash Flash 2 was roughly around the time the initial version of demo 0.3 was out which had to have been August of 2008 IIRC! **** I feel old now, but in any case, its been a pleasure to see the game grow and develop into a game you can't believe plays so similar to the actual game its based off of and has a distinct mark of quality attached to it too!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There is an adapter for GameCube to PC:

I don't own one but I've heard great feedback about it. It's by Mayflash if you want to know (the same company who made the Wii U Pro Controller to PC adapter I use as well as that GameCube to Wii/Wii U adapter everyone was talking about prior to Nintendo's official reveal).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I don't own one but I've heard great feedback about it. It's by Mayflash if you want to know (the same company who made the Wii U Pro Controller to PC adapter I use as well as that GameCube to Wii/Wii U adapter everyone was talking about prior to Nintendo's official reveal).
It's less the adapter for me and more the controller.
I dunno I'll figure something out.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace

I bought one of those 4 months ago. It's pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom