• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm late, but eh.

The politics are media are almost completely shaped by the west.

The High School and Universities are a leftover of the British Raj, to put it simply.

Yes, I've been raised as a Hindu.

Well, the definition of unusual would vary, I'll list the animals you can easily see in cities.
- Cats, Dogs and Cows are almost everywhere.
- If you go to the suburbs, you can also encounter pigs and buffalos.
- On rare occasions, you can catch a glimpse of domesticated horses, camels and elephants.
No snakes?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
"Those who do not study history..."

Though even if you have someone studying it if they have no power to change it it's meaningless anyways.
This always confuses me
If you don't study history, then you have no knowledge of history, so repeat it or not, you wouldn't know

If you do study history, you know it, so you don't repeat it

either way you don't knowingly repeat history, so there's obviously no point in studying history

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So am I like the only person here who uses the analog stick to jump instead of a button. I find it kind of cumbersome to use a button to jump (I don't have a GC controller, just Wii Remote and Nunchuk).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sif, cooking is a grand thing for masculinity! It isn't hard I swear. First you heat some ghee. Then you throw in some things with some spices stirring through for like 5 minutes. EASY!!!
iono, I don't find things too hard. My mother lived in India for quite a while and the reason I was raised as a Vegetarian is primarily due to her being pretty culturally/spiritually influenced by Hinduism. Nothing beats Indus cuisine.

Is the British/Raj remnants still culturally clashing? Could be misinterpreting your tone, but you sound like you dislike it/that/etc?

Is there a smash scene in India at all?
I wasn't being negative. What I meant by it is that it's the same system of education used in Britain in the late 1940s. It hasn't really changed, except for subjects taught.

And no smash scene. It's nigh impossible when Nintendo doesn't have an official presence in India. :c Console gaming isn't really big here. The only console that managed to get noticeable foothold here was the PSP.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So am I like the only person here who uses the analog stick to jump instead of a button. I find it kind of cumbersome to use a button to jump (I don't have a GC controller, just Wii Remote and Nunchuk).
Well, that's probably why. I've been using gamecube forever, and I much prefer the buttons. I like using the analog stick for tilts, and sometimes, if tap to jump is on, I accidentally jump instead of doing an up tilt, which is annoying.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I leave tap on so that I can do out of shield upsmash with Fox and other fast jumpers. It's pretty hard to do without resorting to claw.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well Smashboarders, I'm taking a vacation for a few weeks.. you all could care less, I know, but It's time for that gif....

Have fun with it while I'm gone. :p
Don't leave me! side note :
Hmmm PS3 or Xbox.... for PS3 i don't have to worry about online pay the bayonetta dlc is only a dollar the game is around 8-10$ on amazon and i have a decent controller to play on.... on 360 the game is 5$ the bayonetta dlc is 2.99 (kinda much don't ya think Microsoft?) my live only last till mid august and i have working controller but kinda messed up hmmm what do you guys think??? im really interested in it

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wasn't being negative. What I meant by it is that it's the same system of education used in Britain in the late 1940s. It hasn't really changed, except for subjects taught.

And no smash scene. It's nigh impossible when Nintendo doesn't have an official presence in India. :c Console gaming isn't really big here. The only console that managed to get noticeable foothold here was the PSP.
So what got you into Smash then? What is your "smash history"?

American JEDI

Smash Cadet
[quote="mimgrim, post: 16967410, member: 221157]
This is where I know you don't know what you are talking about.[/quote]

Ouch... Easy there. Just cuz I didn't know the exact term he was referring to, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the lesson though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
yeah but Sceptile has more relevancy now and he has a lot of reasoning behind him being in smash honestly the only thing Mewtwo
has over Sceptile with getting into smash is INSANE popularity ( i personally prefer Sceptile)
What is it with people going back and quoting my posts from 300 pages ago?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So what got you into Smash then? What is your "smash history"?
I've been into Mario and Pokémon for looong. Mario exposure came mostly from the NES and VC, while for Pokémon, it was Emerald, FireRed and the anime. They got me into Smash.

My first Smash game was Brawl, actually. Then SSB on the VC. I've played Melee only on Dolphin.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
"Every Smasher Is Homosexual" stereotype.
There is without a doubt in my mind that you Broca and Wernicke's area look like swiss cheese because after many back-and-forths with you, you can't seem to understand me or I, you. There was no insinuation of the "Every Smasher is a Homosexual" stereotype. It was the "Every smasher is a kissless beta" stereotype. :troll:

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I've been into Mario and Pokémon for looong. Mario exposure came mostly from the NES and VC, while for Pokémon, it was Emerald, FireRed and the anime. They got me into Smash.

My first Smash game was Brawl, actually. Then SSB on the VC. I've played Melee only on Dolphin.
wow you are still up too haha
even though it's 2am here myself blergh

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
About the SGDQ event...

I'm still at a complete loss, baffled by the culture of political correctness that doesn't allow us to even say terms that require a great deal of questionable interpretation to find 'derogatory'. Finding a pet term like 'grill' offensive is childish.
It's like banning people for saying 'rip in pepperoni'.

It wasn't like this last year.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Warning Received
I had a lot more female contact before getting into Smash. I probably have more than I played Smash itself.

...Is that a good or a bad thing?
I would consider it unusual since you are (supposed to be) a female yourself, (one of the few to actually not lie or identify as trans when registering like @Xaltis, @#HBC | ZoZo, or @kapus.)

About the SGDQ event...

I'm still at a complete loss, baffled by the culture of political correctness that doesn't allow us to even say terms that require a great deal of questionable interpretation to find 'derogatory'. Finding a pet term like 'grill' offensive is childish.
It's like banning people for saying 'rip in pepperoni'.

It wasn't like this last year.
Can you link me to what you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom