• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Just one person saying that doesn't change the fact that the game's sales were terrible.
Low sales doesn't always reflect a game's quality, that's important to remember. Good games can sell just as badly as poor ones and vice versa.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Answer to the Bold: It's far from being a bad game. It's a great game.
I think he meant in terms of sales.

In which case. Yes it is one of the worst. Has only sold around 0.2 million, or 200k, last I checked. Which is pretty terrible.

As to whether that affects his chances getting into Smash. That's a whole different discussion I don't want to be involved.

EDIT - Or if it is actually a good game in quality or not. Again. Not something I want, or can, get into. I never played the game.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

In which case. Yes it is one of the worst. Has only sold around 0.2 million, or 200k, so far. Which is pretty terrible.

As to whether that affects his chances getting into Smash. That's a whole different discussion I don't want to be involved.
Bring it to the Wonder Red thread. lol. The thread needs some more conversations going on there anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You want to know if the game is good? Check out tons of user reviews. That'll give you a gander at its overall quality. No, not metacritic. They're far more biased.

Sales mean absolutely nothing to determine how good a game in itself is. It might make you wonder if it's that popular. But some games get more popular later on, well after its initial selling is done. An example is Quest 64; I've actually seen it get a higher fanbase now, nearly 15 years after its release. It's somewhat hitting Cult Classic status, despite not being a high quality game(it does a lot of things very well, but is highly lacking in content. Gameplay, Music, and Enemy Design/Graphics were considered its best features overall. It had very little Story, Characterization, and a terrible Inventory System. That's just a simple summary of it, mind you.) Things change, and all.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
My question is whether more Screenshots confirmed it being used while he's glowing(proving it's a Final Smash) or that Sakurai said that. Please note I think it's most likely that. I'm not arguing that in any way. But do we know it 100% via something more than the first Miiverse post? Because that didn't confirm its status, just imply it's a Final Smash. Unfortunately, confirmed =/= implied.

If we have absolutely no new information about the Poltergust 5000 beyond the Miiverse post(which only suggested it could be an attack, due to his wording with it. "Maybe it sucks opponents in? You'll have to find out." Paraphrased, I think. Obviously, that implies it could be one, but...), then we can't say it's actually confirmed. I'm asking it be removed since it's inaccurate information, unless direct evidence it's indefinitely it beyond the Miiverse post is available.

Keep in mind I still think it is, but sadly he didn't confirm it. :|

Why not Medusa? We need more villains, more females, and she's the main villainess of the series.
Y'all must have missed this. Sakurai said it's his FS and he's glowing for goodness sakes:

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
To tie in with my previous comment, the Dark Pit Figma pictured in that tweet is indeed holding the Dark Pit Staff (I just noticed that), so just by giving him that instead of the Silver Bow, you already have the potential for a very different character than Pit.

Here he is with his Dark Pit Staff. My understanding is that the toy also comes with the Silver Bow (correct me if I'm wrong) so... yeah. Very different, plus the weapon is named after himself.
View attachment 12810
The Dark Pit Staff looks like it could be used as a gunsword/gunspear. Didn't Dark Pit have an entire arsenal of weapons he used? (Never played KI:U) He has more than enough potential to be his own character and not a clone.

And doesn't Sakurai use the Figma figurines to come up with the movesets? He already has a Dark Pit Figure too, so why wouldn't he use it?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

In which case. Yes it is one of the worst. Has only sold around 0.2 million, or 200k, last I checked. Which is pretty terrible.

To be fair.
One could say the same for Okami, with got around the same sales. And then MVC3 happened...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Bwahaha. "We got real gameplay footage of a newcomer!"

Oh that is---

I SEE YOU, ETWISTS. COME OUTTA HIDIN AND SAY WHAT UP

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Y'all must have missed this. Sakurai said it's his FS and he's glowing for goodness sakes:

You need to read the Miiverse post. He in no way said it's his Final Smash.

"Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will."

Please show me where he says it's his Final Smash. The glowing solely implies it. We have zero pictures or videos of him actually using the move in itself, so we have almost nothing to prove it's a FS but a simple glowing. Which just isn't good enough for this site to actually confirm it. Or SmashWiki. You have to realize we're going for cold hard facts here, not assumptions.

If you want to think it's the case, that's is perfectly fine. You're entitled to that. But it's hardly a fact right now. It's just a very reasonable assumption due to the glowing. It's suggested to be a move due to his wording. But where it is, that's another story. We need to see it in action while glowing to confirm its official status. Till then, just very likely.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Let's see.... Melee Falco and all the characters are flat in the first 2 pics even at that odd angle. I deem fake

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You need to read the Miiverse post. He in no way said it's his Final Smash.

"Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will."

Please show me where he says it's his Final Smash. The glowing solely implies it. We have zero pictures or videos of him actually using the move in itself, so we have almost nothing to prove it's a FS but a simple glowing. Which just isn't good enough for this site to actually confirm it. Or SmashWiki. You have to realize we're going for cold hard facts here, not assumptions.

If you want to think it's the case, that's is perfectly fine. You're entitled to that. But it's hardly a fact right now. It's just a very reasonable assumption due to the glowing. It's suggested to be a move due to his wording. But where it is, that's another story. We need to see it in action while glowing to confirm its official status. Till then, just very likely.
Youre holding out too much hope because you want it in his normal moveset. Let it go! The only thing you can hope for is that it appears in his customizable moveset. I play with luigi and I think it would be awesome to have the vacuum in but lets not be in denial. That's his Final Smash.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Those "leak" are just terrible. Not much effort.

Also, on the Captain N talk from last page, there's no way that a North American cartoon character that Nintendo themselves didn't supervise his show is going in Smash. But I can totally see why some would think it's a neat idea (I wouldn't mind and this is coming from a guy who has barely watched the show).

Also, is just me or does Captain N look A LOT like Ben Tennyson from Ben 10: Alien Force?

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Plot twist: The pictures are fake. But the video is legit. But due to the fake pictures, no one believes the video is legit.
That would be the plot twist of the century. And to make it more hilarious, the trailer was for Krystal and included the Boss Rush mode that had Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your holding out too much hope because you want it in his normal moveset. Let it go! The only thing you can hope for is that it appears in his customizable moveset. I play with luigi and I think it would be awesome to have the vacuum in but lets not be in denial. That's his Final Smash.
I'd like to to fully read my post again and notice where I neither said nor implied a single thing you're accusing me of. Don't strawman and reply to an argument I blatantly didn't make. As everyone here can vouch for too.

What I did say was; We don't know if it's a Final Smash or not. And that Sakurai did not confirm it. You don't believe me? Here's his Miiverse post; https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlpzooN0A He definitely doesn't say it's a Final Smash. The only point is that he's still glowing during it, implying it's a Final Smash.

Next, want to know what I deny? It being confirmed. I don't deny it is probably his FS. That looks quite to be the case. Is it? Well, can't say for sure. Just gotta wait till he, you know, confirms it. Like say, showing it in action, actually saying it's a Final Smash? Till then, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope next time you reply to me you do me the courtesy of replying to my actual points.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm more curious then anything on what this 'video' they claim to have. It's not usually a common thing for someone to claim, but this should be amusing either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom