• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They're fake. Id love to be wrong but ZSS doesn't always have her new boots. Jiggly looks off. Falco is wearing his melee outfit. Greninja looks like he was skewed to match the angle of one of the screens. Basically he looks like a flat character. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlsbDqoCMAAENFd.png:large
lmao these are so freaking bad, are they even trying.
Look at how pixelated the items are in comparison to other elements, and their shadows are clean round perfect.

The way the fabricated screenshots are pasted on a 3DS also looks bad. Screens don't have an outer glow, and you always can spot the screen's pixels, unlike these "leaks."

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
thoughts?
Oh, that is so incredibly fake.

First off, where are the others? As in, the other fighters?
Secondly, why is he a cartoon? I know that's Rhythm Heaven's artstyle, but I doubt they would add another flat character to the roster, unless that was the point (i.e. Paper Mario)

Also, the way he jumps looks like he was pasted onto another character.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, that is so incredibly fake.

First off, where are the others? As in, the other fighters?
Secondly, why is he a cartoon? I know that's Rhythm Heaven's artstyle, but I doubt they would add another flat character to the roster, unless that was the point (i.e. Paper Mario)

Also, the way he jumps looks like he was pasted onto another character.
Well, to be fair, if I was to showcase a new character, I'd load up an empty stage with just them... Pretty sure I'm not the only one who loads up Final Destination/Battlefield to see how a character feels.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
i also saw this message before the video "We've been informed from a few followers that our images from the game look "fake." Don't fret, an in-game video of a newcomer is coming!"

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, to be fair, if I was to showcase a new character, I'd load up an empty stage with just them... Pretty sure I'm not the only one who loads up Final Destination/Battlefield to see how a character feels.
In what mode? And why does the camera focus on the bottom right corner of the screen?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Animation skills can go a long way.

All he has to do is animate the choir boy on the self animated stage, make a video of it, post it to youtube privately, then record the video while it's being watched on the 3ds via youtube and post that video publically.

That's if Youtube goes full screen on a 3ds.

I'd test it, but for some reason I can't connect to the internet with my 3ds.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Besides it being a really fake model look at its shadow.
also the flipper.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
thoughts?
I like the animation on the Choir Boy.

I also noticed that the stage layout is different than previously seen, though, the stage has been shown to have different layouts. Cool touch. The way he activates the flipper is the same as how Peach does it in the Direct. Nice attention to detail.

Personally, I love the style of the character. This is actually how I would image the Chorus Men looking - an odd in between of a normal character and Mr. Game & Watch. Too bad it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Besides it being a really fake model look at its shadow.
also the flipper.
The Flipper? What's wrong with it? I'm pretty sure it's been said that they sometimes go off when you get close to them as shown in Gamexplain's analysis when Villager got close to two but only one went off.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit, it's interesting to see a fake include a video.

That being said, there's barely any effort needed in taking a 2D sprite stage and a sprite-based character and making a "gameplay" clip of it jumping around.

EDIT: And where are the other two Choir Kids? If this was meant to use Sal Romano's leak as a basis, shouldn't there be three of them instead of one? Or do the other two only show up for moves?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly think to put the nail in this guy's coffin is to demand a screenshot of the character select screen.... Though I honestly have no idea how Twitter works.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'll admit, it's interesting to see a fake include a video.

That being said, there's barely any effort needed in taking a 2D sprite stage and a sprite-based character and making a "gameplay" clip of it jumping around.
i agree unless i see it do or pass a recent character from the developing smash game in collison towards each other then this is just false until proven otherwise

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
How convenient that the leak is that of a flat character that could be easily animated in Flash :rolleyes:

Everyone thumb the video down lol

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
It's also worth noting that Chorus Boy has a shadow even though shadows aren't visible on that stage. Yeah... this is fake just like all the rest.

D

Deleted member

I'm not thumbing it down.
Little effort as it is, it's still more effort than I've seen other people use for a "leak".

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I still say we should upvote the comment asking for the select screen. If they honestly give us one, we can tear it apart bit by bit to pass the time.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
He also says in the comments that he's using training mode, which he says "...like previous versions, allows a character to fight solo" even though that isn't true at all. You'd think he'd at least try to back up his claims.

D

Deleted member

He also says in the comments that he's using training mode, which he says "...like previous versions, allows a character to fight solo" even though that isn't true at all. You'd think he'd at least try to back up his claims.
They've already claimed the 3D World stage to be the "Final Destination version" when it's clearly not a flat stage floating in the air with no platforms.

They clearly don't have a clue what they're saying.

D

Deleted member

...Hate to break it to ya, but Wario and Mr. Game & Watch don't go 60 fps either.
I wouldn't imagine a living drawing to move 60 fps.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there is nothing in that video that can't be done in 2D animation

D

Deleted member

He better not; I actually like how Wario is.
If some things like the Earthshake Punch for Down Smash or Shoulder Bash for the dash attack are necessary, so be it. But don't change him too much.

Going back to the Choir Boy, the more I think of it, the more I wouldn't mind seeing a character that's essentially a living drawing.
I mean, there was even a Trophy in Brawl that was one:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom