• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
NO SIR!! The characters are moving at 60 frame rates per second, the movement of that chorus boy is not even as much frame rates as an assist trophy!
YT plays 30fps at the highest
fake regardless but yeah

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He better not; I actually like how Wario is.
If some things like the Earthshake Punch for Down Smash or Shoulder Bash for the dash attack are necessary, so be it. But don't change him too much.

Going back to the Choir Boy, the more I think of it, the more I wouldn't mind seeing a character that's essentially a living drawing.
I mean, there was even a Trophy in Brawl that was one:
Everytime I see that guy, all I can think of is...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Obviously fake. No doubt he's referring to the Gematsu possible leak but why did he make choir man have a Jigglypuff jump sound?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was Brawl! There is a possibility that Sakurai fixed it for this one. However, maybe Sakurai made their particular fps different to make the characters easier to use.
"Fixed".
As if the reason Wario and G&W were like the way they were because of a technical issue. :rolleyes:
Everytime I see that guy, all I can think of is...

I'm not the only one, it seems.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to to fully read my post again and notice where I neither said nor implied a single thing you're accusing me of. Don't strawman and reply to an argument I blatantly didn't make. As everyone here can vouch for too.

What I did say was; We don't know if it's a Final Smash or not. And that Sakurai did not confirm it. You don't believe me? Here's his Miiverse post; https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlpzooN0A He definitely doesn't say it's a Final Smash. The only point is that he's still glowing during it, implying it's a Final Smash.

Next, want to know what I deny? It being confirmed. I don't deny it is probably his FS. That looks quite to be the case. Is it? Well, can't say for sure. Just gotta wait till he, you know, confirms it. Like say, showing it in action, actually saying it's a Final Smash? Till then, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope next time you reply to me you do me the courtesy of replying to my actual points.
Why are you arguing for .1 percent? Because that's how likely it isn't his FS. Yes, Sakurai did not confirm it, but all signs point to yes. Luigi is glowing, the entire stage is dark and he has the poltergeist out in a flashy final smash like pose. Not to mention we've seen all his normal moves throughout the direct. 99.9 percent chance that that's his FS.

What's your motive? What possible reason could you have for adamantly letting people know that Sakurai didn't confirm it to be his FS. In my eye's he already indirectly (no pun intended) did.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
The only thing I really dislike about Wario is his "running" animation.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of Wario, I'd be fine with a little bit more Wario Land influence this time around.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering how other veterans were revamped and, in the process, they got closer to their original game counterparts, who's to say it won't happen with Wario?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I like Wario simply because of his aerials.

Though I suppose I could get behind his Dsmash get changed to something more useful, Fsmash possibly to.

But mainly. Just don't touch the aerials. Or the Bike and Fart.

#ImainWarioinodublesandsubhimeinsinglesinBrawl

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I apologize if this is the wrong place or if this has been posted before, but since the Leaks and Rumors thread died, I'm not sure where to post this. xD

In any case, has this been talked about before? I hadn't seen it before today, and read a few pages back and didn't see anything.

If it's been deconfirmed, let me know, because it looks pretty official, but it's only 39 characters, only one of which we don't know about (Chrom). The other 9 characters are all returning. If it's real, it says to me that this is either the starting roster with about 8-12 more character unlockable, or this is the final roster and a lot of people are going to be upset.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, please get rid of the Fart. It's really stupid.

I apologize if this is the wrong place or if this has been posted before, but since the Leaks and Rumors thread died, I'm not sure where to post this. xD

In any case, has this been talked about before? I hadn't seen it before today, and read a few pages back and didn't see anything.

If it's been deconfirmed, let me know. because it looks pretty official, but it's only 39 characters, only one of which we don't know about (Chrom). The other 9 characters are all returning. If it's real, it says to me that this is either the starting roster with about 8-12 more character unlockable, or this is the final roster and a lot of people are going to be upset.
I think I've seen this exact post every day for the past week and a half.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

If it's been deconfirmed, let me know. because it looks pretty official, but it's only 39 characters, only one of which we don't know about (Chrom). The other 9 characters are all returning. If it's real, it says to me that this is either the starting roster with about 8-12 more character unlockable, or this is the final roster and a lot of people are going to be upset.
It's already been deconfirmed. Meta Knight's wing detail is just Ridley's wings for one thing

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I like Wario simply because of his aerials.

Though I suppose I could get behind his Dsmash get changed to something more useful, Fsmash possibly to.

But mainly. Just don't touch the aerials. Or the Bike and Fart.

#ImainWarioinodublesandsubhimeinsinglesinBrawl
If they change his Dair I'm going to be pissed.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

And yes. It has been deconfirmed. Wario's portrait is his run animation in Brawl. Ice Climbers should be Ice Climber. Lucario should be Rucario, I think. Ect....

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's already been deconfirmed. Meta Knight's wing detail is just Ridley's wings for one thing
It has been deconfirmed. Wario's portrait is his run animation in Brawl. Ice Climbers should be Ice Climber. Lucario should be Rucario, I think. Ect....
Okay, sorry guys. I hadn't seen it before and it got me kind of worried. That's why I came here. I'm glad you guys are so fast at deconfirming things! :D

D

Deleted member

Considering how other veterans were revamped and, in the process, they got closer to their original game counterparts, who's to say it won't happen with Wario?
No, it made certain veterans get closer to their modern game counterparts. Wario is still primarily about WarioWare. Only non Ware that can possibly have influence is Shake It, but it wouldn't be much aside from the obvious Earthquake Punch Down Smash (or at least should be obvious; hope Sakurai doesn't prove me wrong).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
No, as in if those characters were at 60, their controls would be way off
Technically I think all characters move at the same fps. G&W's movement is just an illusion, what they do is hold his poses for longer resulting in that frame-by-frame effect. Otherwise you'd see him freefall in segments (just like in the original G&W). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
No, it made certain veterans get closer to their modern game counterparts. Wario is still primarily about WarioWare. Only non Ware that can possibly have influence is Shake It, but it wouldn't be much aside from the obvious Earthquake Punch Down Smash (or at least should be obvious; hope Sakurai doesn't prove me wrong).
See, I never understood why the focus on Wario was based on Wario Ware rather than the amazing Wario Land series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why are you arguing for .1 percent? Because that's how likely it isn't his FS. Yes, Sakurai did not confirm it, but all signs point to yes. Luigi is glowing, the entire stage is dark and he has the poltergeist out in a flashy final smash like pose. Not to mention we've seen all his normal moves throughout the direct. 99.9 percent chance that that's his FS.

What's your motive? What possible reason could you have for adamantly letting people know that Sakurai didn't confirm it to be his FS. In my eye's he already indirectly (no pun intended) did.
I really don't care about any of that. That's irrelevant to being confirmed. I never argued it wasn't likely. You might notice I think it's probably that.

Pay attention to the full conversation here; I asked Frostwraith to simply correct something he put up. He said something was confirmed when it actually wasn't. He agreed to remove it cause he understand it was an honest mistake. If he says something is confirmed in his topic, it means it actually is just that, confirmed. Not likely, confirmed.

It's no different from a Wiki putting up factual information. Not speculation. The SmashWiki follows the same rules. For SSB4 stuff, we do mention that "it's likely it was meant this" only if the item was highly implied in the pictures. Or if little information is up, but still given, like just how customization works for moves. We don't know too much about it.

See, I never understood why the focus on Wario was based on Wario Ware rather than the amazing Wario Land series.
Apparently Sakurai prefers WarioWario to Wario Land. I don't remember where that was stated. It's implied due to the WarioWare stuff being pretty overused compared to the Wario Land stuff, but eh. Also, Wario Land was more or less just a variation of Super Mario Land. WarioWare is its own unique series fully separated from Mario. Maybe that's why he focuses on it, to justify Wario being his own Universe. But again, who knows.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I don't care about it's combat benefits, he's freaking farting as an attack! It isn't even from anything.
Yeah but at least it's a unique move. No other character has an attack that gets more powerful the longer you don't use it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My grandmother called and wanted me to come over and install new antivirus software she bought

First I have to uninstall the old software, and then a pop up appeared wanting me to leave feedback on their product:

"The owner of this program forgot it existed and bought a different antivirus program.

Because antivirus programs aren't compatible I have to uninstall their previous one.

I have no idea if Webroot was any good, and since they forgot they even had it, they don't either.

No hard feelings"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah but at least it's a unique move. No other character has an attack that gets more powerful the longer you don't use it.
Like I said, I don';t care about the combat aspect of it, it's still a fart.

Maybe if in the new Smash, it's a cartoon cloud like Toon Link's bombs, it would be better.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

There you go :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1. Smash doesn't care about canon

2. not every character has every move based on their games. Plenty have original stuff, in fact I would most, if not all.

3. It's ****ing Sakurai.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Look, let's not pull a Cliffjumper here.
Just because you say it sucks doesn't mean it's apparently the Holy Grail of facts and everyone should listen to it.
Okay, I was being facetious as I thought that everyone would agree.
It probably isn't that bad, but I really didn't like it.

All right, fine.
What about Wario Ware Smooth Moves?
Does he fart in that game? As a move? Isn't there something more iconic he could do that would serve the same purpose?[/quote]

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wario's moveset was built to have a bit of, "Wario-like comedy". And it made him a threatening opponent. Why judge?

That game sucks though, and also isn't a Wario game, which is where all of his moves should come from.
If this was the case for every character, we wouldn't have Rosalina. ·_·

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Speaking of Wario, I'd be fine with a little bit more Wario Land influence this time around.
THIS. I'm playing Wario Land 4 right now, and loving it.

Wario's moveset was built to have a bit of, "Wario-like comedy". And it made him a threatening opponent. Why judge?

If this was the case for every character, we wouldn't have Rosalina. ·_·
Also: WarioWare is extremely popular.

I'd like a mixture of both WarioWare and Wario Land in SSB4.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Does he fart in that game? As a move? Isn't there something more iconic he could do that would serve the same purpose?
Yep, there's an entire Microgame about it.
To be fair, the franchise is known for making Wario gross and rude.
It's part of his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom