• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Couldn't it be said that the Wario Waft is a reference to Wario's crude humor and bad personal hygiene?

Also, I don't remember being able to shoot ice in Ice Climber or Falcon Punch everything in F-Zero. Nor do I remember Gyromite or Stack-Up involve rocket boosters and lasers.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Couldn't it be said that the Wario Waft is a reference to Wario's crude humor and bad personal hygiene?

Also, I don't remember being able to shoot ice in Ice Climber or Falcon Punch everything in F-Zero. Nor do I remember Gyromite or Stack-Up involve rocket boosters and lasers.
Or Fox catch on fire.... oh wait.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know what, okay, I get it, everyone loves farting, can we talk about something else now?
DISCLAIMER - Please do not take the following post personally or as an insult. It only meant in good humor and is in no way meant to actually be degrading or personal attack or anything like. It's just meant to be funny.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
yeah I think I'm done there's several wft pages but only one of them is posting about smash actively and I didn't found anything (btw, I liked how I can search link by searching "http").
The picture is just wii fit trainer with a red background, I should be able to find it later.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, real quick, I just wanted to say this, since I don't do this often!

One of my teachers, whose identity I shall keep secret, passed away this morning.
He was a really cool guy, and helped me out in a school that I really don't fit into.
Everyone liked him and my heart goes out to everyone who misses him, his family obvious included.

So I share this story in his honor.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
DISCLAIMER - Please do not take the following post personally or as an insult. It only meant in good humor and is in no way meant to actually be degrading or personal attack or anything like. It's just meant to be funny.

...That image beyond fits the conversation. XD

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Actually, real quick, I just wanted to say this, since I don't do this often!

One of my teachers, whose identity I shall keep secret, passed away this morning.
He was a really cool guy, and helped me out in a school that I really don't fit into.
Everyone liked him and my heart goes out to everyone who misses him, his family obvious included.

So I share this story in his honor.
My sympathies

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm back. Have this thing called work that I keep having to go to. If it were like my other two jobs where I get to work from home, I'd be on Smashboards a little more often to catch all the Social thread mayhem live.

Have a Lost World reference.

Zor speculation.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this is exactly the page I looked and I fund several link but none of them mention a poll
I'll look later for it. And that choir boy leak... It actually looks real! Also shame on all of you, you discussed the greatest video game tracks and left out these 2:

PMD:EOS is one of the saddest and greatest games ever invented!

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, it made certain veterans get closer to their modern game counterparts. Wario is still primarily about WarioWare. Only non Ware that can possibly have influence is Shake It, but it wouldn't be much aside from the obvious Earthquake Punch Down Smash (or at least should be obvious; hope Sakurai doesn't prove me wrong).
To be frank, I think the down smash is the only attack that should replaced with something better. It's just that how it functions makes it one of the most punishable attacks in the game and the average knockback doesn't justify it either.

Mp3 Toaster

Smash Rookie
Rumors and leaks thread dead.. Might as well post it here instead.

You know the ChaosZero/Portrait of Ruin leak? It was a fraud all along (and the improved online was wrongly explained anyway but eh..) Because the horse's mouth himself has confessed that it's fake.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69084066

So this can go to the garbage bin finally. And rightfully so.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm back. Have this thing called work that I keep having to go to. If it were like my other two jobs where I get to work from home, I'd be on Smashboards a little more often to catch all the Social thread mayhem live.

Have a Lost World reference.

View attachment 12838
thats how i feel about tetra lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Made my ****ing day!

@ BKupa666 BKupa666
Agreed! I always said it was fake though, you know what that means? Ridley Confirmed!:troll:\

Also I am the only one that sees nothing wrong with the jump? Also it could just be a bug/ beta of the game.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I forget, which one was the ChaosZero/Portrait of Ruin leak again?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What was the portrait of ruin leak again?
It was the one that said that he got in touch with one of the Brawl leakers (assumed to be ChaosZero, then Portrait of Ruin), who gave him this information:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Question to moderators: Are we allowed to talk about leaks and rumors here? It IS a social thread, after all, and I'm sure if someone mentions leaks and rumors, they're not trying to derail conversation, just provide speculation and fun. Or is there somewhere else we should talk about them? The way the leaks and rumors thread ended, it made it seem that any talk about leaks or rumors would be harshly dealt with, as though it was a forbidden topic, and I'm just curious what the actual stance is on it.

Honestly, some of the most fun I had on the board, conversation-wise, was in the Leaks and Rumors thread, but I suppose toward the end it should have been called the "speculation" thread. xD

This will be my final question on the matter. I just wanted to clear some stuff up and know what is and isn't allowed. Thanks in advance!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ugh... I hate to ask these questions but there's a thread that the op agreed to give me the op but I know that a mod need to do this so... the thread is in the character discussion thread but I don't which one to pm.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While just strumming random things that came into my head on my ukelele I played "Bad Romance" for some random reason...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's how I feel about the ChaosZero "leak" dying.

Still a shame that Ridley is, more likely than not, out of the running.

On the plus side, K. Rool's chances shot up in the Direct IMO, so this "leak" getting admitted fake is one more thing in his favor.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Question to moderators: Are we allowed to talk about leaks and rumors here? It IS a social thread, after all, and I'm sure if someone mentions leaks and rumors, they're not trying to derail conversation, just provide speculation and fun. Or is there somewhere else we should talk about them? The way the leaks and rumors thread ended, it made it seem that any talk about leaks or rumors would be harshly dealt with, as though it was a forbidden topic, and I'm just curious what the actual stance is on it.

Honestly, some of the most fun I had on the board, conversation-wise, was in the Leaks and Rumors thread, but I suppose toward the end it should have been called the "speculation" thread. xD

This will be my final question on the matter. I just wanted to clear some stuff up and know what is and isn't allowed. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, you can talk about leaks here.

Just don't make threads for any leaks and you'll be fine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, you can talk about leaks here.

Just don't make threads for any leaks and you'll be fine.
But what would happen if I need a plumber to fix my leak? Wouldn't a new topic be necessary? :troll:

No, but seriously, this is a great thread to debunk things. We also do tend to have a lot of good people in here. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

On the plus side, K. Rool's chances shot up in the Direct IMO, so this "leak" getting admitted fake is one more thing in his favor.
If anything the direct increased ridley's chances, I honestly don't see why people think it was the opposite. He wouldn't build ridley up for a year as a stage hazard then show him as a boss through his supposed "shadow". If anything it will be an Alfonzo type scenario.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Seconded.

That fake had me seriously down for a long time, since it was so similar to a lot of the real pre-Brawl ones. I should have seen it coming that someone would target the two most popular Nintendo newcomers as requests like that, but what's done is done. I'm a lot more confident in K. Rool now, and even a little more in Ridley, though that's not saying much.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seconded.

That fake had me seriously down for a long time, since it was so similar to a lot of the real pre-Brawl ones. I should have seen it coming that someone would target the two most popular Nintendo newcomers as requests like that, but what's done is done. I'm a lot more confident in K. Rool now, and even a little more in Ridley, though that's not saying much.
I never liked it either and after the direct I was positive it was dead, there was just to much trolling with leaks and rumors that day....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If anything the direct increased ridley's chances, I honestly don't see why people think it was the opposite. He wouldn't build ridley up for a year as a stage hazard then show him as a boss through his supposed "shadow". If anything it will be an Alfonzo type scenario.
I said this multiple time in the ridley thread but if you take opinion aside, there's absolutely no way to tell for sure confirmed or not. if hazard, there's thing that looks suspicious even to a point when it might not make sense. if playable, there's evidence that would suggest that it wouldn't make sense and those evidences are the same that would look suspicious if hazard. See where I'm getting? Same evidences but 2 completely opposite way to interpret them for example the quote Sakurai said may either mean "other boss characters (showing ridley so must be included) make appearance on other stages (showing pyroshpere which is not willy's castle so must be included" or it can mean literally "other boss character (which might not be ridley) make appearance on other stages (which might not be pyroshpere)". I can describe this for most of the evidence in those 10 seconds but I'm sure that this is exactly what Sakurai wanted to do in the first place. But again this can either mean he's hyping him for an hazard or he's hiding the fact that he's playable.

TL;DR he's messing with us by professional trolling which, despite our opinion on him, we can't tell for sure if playable or hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom