• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'd like to to fully read my post again and notice where I neither said nor implied a single thing you're accusing me of. Don't strawman and reply to an argument I blatantly didn't make. As everyone here can vouch for too.

What I did say was; We don't know if it's a Final Smash or not. And that Sakurai did not confirm it. You don't believe me? Here's his Miiverse post; https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlpzooN0A He definitely doesn't say it's a Final Smash. The only point is that he's still glowing during it, implying it's a Final Smash.

Next, want to know what I deny? It being confirmed. I don't deny it is probably his FS. That looks quite to be the case. Is it? Well, can't say for sure. Just gotta wait till he, you know, confirms it. Like say, showing it in action, actually saying it's a Final Smash? Till then, we'll just have to wait and see. I hope next time you reply to me you do me the courtesy of replying to my actual points.
I'm reminded of the time that people kept saying that Roslina's Utilt was her Uair, before we knew it was Utilt, and I was like the only one who said it could possibly be her Utilt instead. And I kept getting told I was wrong and that it was definitely her Uair. But guess what. It was her Utilt. Take that you mofos xD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm reminded of the time that people kept saying that Roslina's Utilt was her Uair, before we knew it was Utilt, and I was like the only one who said it could possibly be her Utilt instead. And I kept getting told I was wrong and that it was definitely her Uair. But guess what. It was her Utilt. Take that you mofos xD.
Although in this case, I'm on the end of the "probably wrong". But that's okay. My argument isn't that it can't be his FS anyway. XD It's "Sakurai did not confirm it" and nothing more. I think it's reasonable to wait for his confirmation before adding it as confirmed to, well, any list. Especially professional ones like SmashWiki(any Wiki in general too) or @ Frostwraith Frostwraith 's very well designed list.(yes, I'm shilling you. The fact you debated 100% in good faith with me about this just proves you're willing to listen to logic and respect the opponent's actual points)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Although in this case, I'm on the end of the "probably wrong". But that's okay. My argument isn't that it can't be his FS anyway. XD It's "Sakurai did not confirm it" and nothing more. I think it's reasonable to wait for his confirmation before adding it as confirmed to, well, any list. Especially professional ones like SmashWiki(any Wiki in general too) or @ Frostwraith Frostwraith 's very well designed list.(yes, I'm shilling you. The fact you debated 100% in good faith with me about this just proves you're willing to listen to logic and respect the opponent's actual points)
I thought I was in the "probably wrong" end as well at the time. Because I was like the only one, or felt like the only one, that said it could have been something else. And when it was revealed I was right, despite the majority thinking otherwise before that, was just to ****ing good that and it was my first and only time getting mentioned in a WiR. xD

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just played a bit of Kid Icarus: Uprising to compare the Palutena's Temple stage with its depiction on KIU's 21st chapter. There are many differences when it comes to layout, but the designs used are almost the same. It also takes some cues from Brawl's Skyworld stage.

The Final Destination form is almost like a replica of the boss battle against possessed Palutena.

As for the Dark Pit talk before, it is entirely possible for him to have a unique moveset, considering how there are 108 weapons in Uprising. Pit uses three of them (Palutena's Bow, Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars) on his moveset, while the Drill Arm and the Ore Club appear as items.

I think Dark Pit could use the First Blade as his main weapon, while using the Silver Bow and Dark Pit Staff for other moves. Dark Pit's Final Smash could be the Lightning Chariot, as he uses it several times on Uprising, unlike Pit who only uses it once.

On the leaks talk, I choose to believe they're fake unless proven true. That Twitter account's images look so blatantly fake, it's laughable.

(yes, I'm shilling you. The fact you debated 100% in good faith with me about this just proves you're willing to listen to logic and respect the opponent's actual points)
Quit flattering me! :troll:

I'm always open to hear other viewpoints. :chuckle:

I still do believe that the Poltegust is Luigi's Final Smash, though. Factually, there's nothing to fully prove that is the Final Smash. It is, however, entirely reasonable to assume such, given the picture it was shown.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought I was in the "probably wrong" end as well at the time. Because I was like the only one, or felt like the only one, that said it could have been something else. And when it was revealed I was right, despite the majority thinking otherwise before that, was just to ****ing good that and it was my first and only time getting mentioned in a WiR. xD
I'm usually the one proven wrong. And you know what? That is a-okay. I take it like a woman. If you will. ...Somehow that sounds far worse than the male variant of the phrase. :/

Quit flattering me! :troll:
Nevah!

I'm always open to hear other viewpoints. :chuckle:
Same.

I still do believe that the Poltegust is Luigi's Final Smash, though. Factually, there's nothing to fully prove that is the Final Smash. It is, however, entirely reasonable to assume such, given the picture it was shown.
Exactly.

@Wario Bros.: As you said, Captain N is impossible as playable. I don't think anyone meant to say otherwise. Of course, that's solely because he has zero Nintendo video game appearances. The rest of the stuff just makes him unlikely as hell. But yeah, he'd be cool, if he was even remotely possible.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
uh.. excuse me but how do you send a pm to a member? I can start a conversation but it doesn't tell me that it's private would it be visible on the profile page? because I don't want that.
Conversations are private. They're only visible to the users involved.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
uh.. excuse me but how do you send a pm to a member? I can start a conversation but it doesn't tell me that it's private would it be visible on the profile page? because I don't want that.
You can also add other people to the current conversation. For instance, if you wanted to have a 3-way talk among yourself, a Mod, and a user.

So does that mean lying down or on your knees?

I'm sorry. I just wouldn't;t resist.
Would you believe I've done both? :awesome: I don't go on my knees much, though. I have bad ones.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I just asked Ndayday, "Who would win in a fight: An army of Magikarp, or an army of Dittos?"

Did not expect a four paragraph DARPA analysis.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Would you believe I've done both? :awesome: I don't go on my knees much, though. I have bad ones.
Ha! That's nothing.
I have awful veins! And that's something I guess.

I just asked Ndayday, "Who would win in a fight: An army of Magikarp, or an army of Dittos?"

Well, there's no kill like overkill is what I say.

But just curious, what was the answer?

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
...lewd
no more lewd please.

my thoughts on this Luigi FS thing is that if I held a carrot in front of your face and said WHAT IS IT
and you said "a-a-a carrot" you'd be right.
but you could also be wrong because what if it's celery in a carrot suit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I AM curious about that, Magikarp would get the first hit, but Ditto would have more HP

Wait: Can Ditto copy an enemy in the air?

Magikarp would use Bounce, Ditto would use transform.

Magikarp would then use Bounce and strike Ditto, then Ditto would use bounce.

Magikarp would then use Bounce and Ditto's bounce would miss

So...Magikarp simply because of speed?

Although Ditto could use Flail and strike Magikarp during a down phase instead

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's a bad thing?
Depends.
Sure, I won't be around. But now we'll have to move to GameFAQS or some other site. And would we really want that?
Though I don't know. If it was really the end of the world as we know it. I'd feel fine.

I AM curious about that, Magikarp would get the first hit, but Ditto would have more HP
Though, Ditto only really knows Transform.
Implying the only thing Magikarp knows is Splash.
There would be a Struggle fight. Now mind you, Ditto will have less PP than Magikarp. Which means they'll get the attack first.
Now, which has the better attack? Ditto right? Exactly.
So, if we were to put them together, I think Ditto would win.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...lewd
no more lewd please.
It is stopped. At least on my end for sure.

my thoughts on this Luigi FS thing is that if I held a carrot in front of your face and said WHAT IS IT
and you said "a-a-a carrot" you'd be right.
but you could also be wrong because what if it's celery in a carrot suit.
I like how this is put. It's disguised as a Final Smash, but there's a tiny chance it's not.

I do love the idea of making it one, though. I also imagined it'd be the perfect Grab for Luigi. Long range, for starters. Maybe could suck up projectiles too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends.
Sure, I won't be around. But now we'll have to move to GameFAQS or some other site. And would we really want that?
Though I don't know. If it was really the end of the world as we know it. I'd feel fine.

Though, Ditto only really knows Transform.
Implying the only thing Magikarp knows is Splash.
There would be a Struggle fight. Now mind you, Ditto will have less PP than Magikarp. Which means they'll get the attack first.
Now, which has the better attack and better defense?
But Magikarp can use Flail and Bounce

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But Magikarp can use Flail and Bounce
All right, so now we have two more moves.
But even then. While Magikarp may win in the PP department. Ditto has the better attack (48 to Karp's 10). Which means they'll do more damage.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All right, so now we have two more moves.
But even then. While Magikarp may win in the PP department. Ditto has the better attack (48 to Karp's 10). Which means they'll do more damage.
That's not the way transform works

It copies the EXACT stats of the opponent except for HP

Ditto would only have more HP

...And Tackle.
Oh, I didn't know Magikarp learned Tackle, LOL

And apparently he can also only learn Bounce in gen IV

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's not the way transform works

It copies the EXACT stats of the opponent except for HP
It does?
Well, there goes that (see, this is why I have to play more Pokemon. As I haven't touched that game in forever).

...Or did it?
Ditto would only have more HP
So then, what you're implying is if both used the exact same attack, Ditto would still win because HP.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It does?
Well, there goes that (see, this is why I have to play more Pokemon haven't touched the game in forever).

...Or did it?

So then, what you're implying is if both used the exact same attack, Ditto would still win because HP.
Probably. Magikarp has horrible HP

I also didn't realize he could learn tackle.

Magikarp would get a first strike against Ditto before it transforms

Assuming it doesn't have it's special ability

But Ditto would take more hits

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Probably. Magikarp has horrible HP

I also didn't realize he could learn tackle.

Magikarp would get a first strike against Ditto before it transforms

Assuming it doesn't have it's special ability

But Ditto would take more hits
Exactly.
Thus, Ditto would still win.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys check this out : https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1
is he really legit ? :D
I mean they do look convincing.

Melee Falco, Brawl Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon, and game art Wario.

Game. Set. Match.

Add in: @ Ryuma Ryuma : Also, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the people who made the pics and are already spinning their wheels.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They're all right. They're not the best granted. But there's some good LPs in them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom