• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not to mention a ton of cuts without any newcomers we haven't seen yet.
I really doubt that the newcomers we know of are the only ones in the game
I think Foolssigma already mentioned that the pic was fake, I was just commenting on the design of the character select screen.
But yeah, pretty sure the pic is fake. Wario and ICs seem out of place to me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think Foolssigma already mentioned that the pic was fake, I was just commenting on the design of the character select screen.
But yeah, pretty sure the pic is fake. Wario and ICs seem out of place to me.
IIRC, Wario was taken from a Brawl photo.
Though I'm mot sure about Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I found this.

Any thoughts?

Maybe it's Dark Pit instead of Palutena?

I'm a bit late to this discussion but I'll say this.

I'm sure Palutena is still in, but Dark Pit... Uprising added a whole ton of new weapons and things... just give Dark Pit the Dark Pit Staff or the First Blade (Aka the default weapon in Uprising) and his flying kick and darker attitude and bing bang boom you've got yourself a new character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not to mention a ton of cuts without any newcomers we haven't seen yet.
I really doubt that the newcomers we know of are the only ones in the game.
Besides being debunked anyway, the actual character choices are hardly bad. The layout overall is pretty nice. Now, add more newcomers/veterans and it'd actually be a good roster.

The obvious missing ones are Lucas, R.O.B., Ike, Wolf, and Snake. To say the least, Palutena or at least Medusa have a good chance coming in, Ridley may be there, and then there's other less ones like Mii, Isaac, or another 3rd Party. If more show up, and Sakurai wanted to refer to IC as Ice Climbers(let's be honest, it's 2 characters in 1. It makes sense), then it might be believable. The entire roster is already very good. Of course, I'm talking about the roster choices, not the obviously bad images.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Dark Pit happens to be the KI newcomer instead of Palutena, things will get quite salty around here.

(I wouldn't mind it at all, actually...)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
To tie in with my previous comment, the Dark Pit Figma pictured in that tweet is indeed holding the Dark Pit Staff (I just noticed that), so just by giving him that instead of the Silver Bow, you already have the potential for a very different character than Pit.

Here he is with his Dark Pit Staff. My understanding is that the toy also comes with the Silver Bow (correct me if I'm wrong) so... yeah. Very different, plus the weapon is named after himself.
FIG-IPN-5604_02.jpg

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : Ah, there you are. I wanted to ask you something. I know that the Poltergust 5000 has a severely high chance of being Luigi's Final Smash, but when did that get confirmed? Did more screenshots show him using it while glowing, instead of just having it out? Just wondering. I know the SmashWiki outright says while it isn't confirmed, it's highly implied(which is accurate from what I've seen so far Miiverse-wise). It's related to your confirmation topic. Keep in mind I'm not saying it isn't most likely that, just that to my knowledge, that topic having confirmed information means literally that "outright confirmed, not beyond likely".

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : Ah, there you are. I wanted to ask you something. I know that the Poltergust 5000 has a severely high chance of being Luigi's Final Smash, but when did that get confirmed? Did more screenshots show him using it while glowing, instead of just having it out? Just wondering. I know the SmashWiki outright says while it isn't confirmed, it's highly implied(which is accurate from what I've seen so far Miiverse-wise). It's related to your confirmation topic. Keep in mind I'm not saying it isn't most likely that, just that to my knowledge, that topic having confirmed information means literally that "outright confirmed, not beyond likely".
His four special moves have been shown in footage or screenshots already. He keeps the fireball, the Super Jump Punch, the Green Missile and the Luigi Cyclone.

I don't really think the Poltergust 5000 would be a good fit for normal moves either...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If Dark Pit happens to be the KI newcomer instead of Palutena, things will get quite salty around here.

(I wouldn't mind it at all, actually...)
And I'll be one of the angry ones. It's not that I have much against Dark Pit although I like Pit better, it's just Palutena's much more unique, and is the 2nd most important character of the series, not to mention the only other character besides Pit iirc that's been in all 3 KI games, while having major roles in each.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ha!
If there's any KI rep we need. It's Eggplant Wizard!
Do not deny it!

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
And I'll be one of the angry ones. It's not that I have much against Dark Pit although I like Pit better, it's just Palutena's much more unique, and is the 2nd most important character of the series, not to mention the only other character besides Pit iirc that's been in all 3 KI games, while having major roles in each.
Don't worry, there's more than enough evidence to show that Palutena's in this game, what with Pit getting a new Final Smash that doesn't have Palutena in it and the whole Pseudo-Palutena Trophy troll during the Direct and Palutena's Temple being a stage... I'm sure we're getting Palutena. We just might also get Dark Pit with her making 3 characters instead of just the 2, Pit and Palutena.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
His four special moves have been shown in footage or screenshots already. He keeps the fireball, the Super Jump Punch, the Green Missile and the Luigi Cyclone.

I don't really think the Poltergust 5000 would be a good fit for normal moves either...
There's always the possibility of a grab.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

My question is whether more Screenshots confirmed it being used while he's glowing(proving it's a Final Smash) or that Sakurai said that. Please note I think it's most likely that. I'm not arguing that in any way. But do we know it 100% via something more than the first Miiverse post? Because that didn't confirm its status, just imply it's a Final Smash. Unfortunately, confirmed =/= implied.

If we have absolutely no new information about the Poltergust 5000 beyond the Miiverse post(which only suggested it could be an attack, due to his wording with it. "Maybe it sucks opponents in? You'll have to find out." Paraphrased, I think. Obviously, that implies it could be one, but...), then we can't say it's actually confirmed. I'm asking it be removed since it's inaccurate information, unless direct evidence it's indefinitely it beyond the Miiverse post is available.

Keep in mind I still think it is, but sadly he didn't confirm it. :|

Don't worry, there's more than enough evidence to show that Palutena's in this game, what with Pit getting a new Final Smash that doesn't have Palutena in it and the whole Pseudo-Palutena Trophy troll during the Direct and Palutena's Temple being a stage... I'm sure we're getting Palutena. We just might also get Dark Pit with her making 3 characters instead of just the 2, Pit and Palutena.
Why not Medusa? We need more villains, more females, and she's the main villainess of the series.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Why not Medusa? We need more villains, more females, and she's the main villainess of the series.
Oh I do like Medusa and I do think that yes, more villains and more females are needed, and Medusa is more than welcome because she happens to be both. I'm just gonna play it safe and not expect her since there so far isn't any evidence to suggest she's in. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, maybe I won't be.

To be fair, the best surprise would be Pyrrhon... "kablooey, kablammy"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth : Good points. Guess I'll be doing changes to the thread later.

As for the Kid Icarus newcomer, Palutena is the likeliest character.

I think Dark Pit is more popular in Japan, though. Him getting a Figma figure besides Pit should be an indicator of that.

I think Sakurai will add Dark Pit as an alt for Pit. All that really needs to be done is a darker costume, different voice and replace Palutena's Bow with the Silver Bow. Seriously, if Wireframe Mac and male Wii Fit Trainer got in, there's no reason to not put Dark Pit as an alt for Pit.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh I do like Medusa and I do think that yes, more villains and more females are needed, and Medusa is more than welcome because she happens to be both. I'm just gonna play it safe and not expect her since there so far isn't any evidence to suggest she's in. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, maybe I won't be.

To be fair, the best surprise would be Pyrrhon... "kablooey, kablammy"
I'm in the same boat. I expect Palutena in. Will she? Let's just wait. She'll at least have a regular Trophy guaranteed.

@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth : Good points. Guess I'll be doing changes to the thread later.

As for the Kid Icarus newcomer, Palutena is the likeliest character.

I think Dark Pit is more popular in Japan, though. Him getting a Figma figure besides Pit should be an indicator of that.

I think Sakurai will add Dark Pit as an alt for Pit. All that really needs to be done is a darker costume, different voice and replace Palutena's Bow with the Silver Bow. Seriously, if Wireframe Mac and male Wii Fit Trainer got in, there's no reason to not put Dark Pit as an alt for Pit.
Dark Pit was his costume in Brawl and created the character. Unless he's an AT, he'll probably be an Alt. Considering how he was first created...

Interesting, though. I didn't know he was that popular. As for getting rid of Palutena's Army? I don't know if that does much to mean anything. Honestly, it could mean that she's an Assist Trophy and summons her Army.(just an example) Albeit, I want Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo as AT's. Guess why. :awesome:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, I dunno, could it be the same reason some people want Simon to replace Snake as the Konami rep?
:)
View attachment 12814
Why not both? :awesome:

I'll take Simon even as an AT if necessary. If somehow Snake isn't playable, he can be that instead. I think both should be in regardless. I love Captain N(to the point of playing its version of Mother Brain in a Roleplay as a Biology Teacher. Yeahhhhh.) Was hoping to have her married to Simon, but eh. I found that subplot funny. >_>

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
After Simon get confirmed then Sakurai confirms Captain N. :awesome:
...Want to know the sad part? Only Manga/Anime characters are barred. He has a ghost of a chance. Like, 0,001% at best. Maybe slightly higher. The thing is, he's not legitimately barred from being it, but who would want him? Okay, few. He does have a lot of possible unique move choices. I know he didn't have a Nintendo game appearance, which is why he wouldn't be playable. Specifically why.(okay, him being unpopular helps too)

However, seeing as how he showed Misty in her Anime design, I could see him being a cool Trophy if they actually put in every Captain N character(not their specific designs, mind you) in the game. Or the more important ones. They'd just have to have a Ganon trophy instead. Well, maybe Horsehead(as a Centaur, oddly enough). There's others, Eggplant Wizard, Dr. Wily, Medusa, Simon, Dracula, Gameboy(itself), Princess Llana, Duke(last two aren't needed?). Not counting anyone already in that's appeared, of course.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
...Want to know the sad part? Only Manga/Anime characters are barred. He has a ghost of a chance. Like, 0,001% at best. Maybe slightly higher. The thing is, he's not legitimately barred from being it, but who would want him? Okay, few. He does have a lot of possible unique move choices.

However, seeing as how he showed Misty in her Anime design, I could see him being a cool Trophy if they actually put in every Captain N character(not their specific designs, mind you) in the game. Or the more important ones. They'd just have to have a Ganon trophy instead. Well, maybe Horsehead(as a Centaur, oddly enough).
I'd love that.
I wouldn't mind it actually.
:awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd love that.
Note my edits. I clarified more.

Honestly, I think he only has a tiny chance at being a Trophy/Sticker if most of the Captain N characters are in. Realistically, I doubt it anyway. I wouldn't mind a character akin to him, though. Blaster, Time-shifting(via his Pause and Fast Forward), pointless weapon dickery...

...Wait, Fox is already in. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No one really believes Captain N has a chance. It's be hilariously awesome though.
If we do by some logic get him. I'm maining him first say.
Why? Because he'll be the best troll character this way of Pichu. Just his mere existence will spark anger in others.
And I'll capitalize on that.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
As long as we're talking about characters that might cause outcry amongst fans (Dark Pit)... how about Bayonetta? If Bayonetta 2's Wii U exclusivity was enough to make people go berserk, having Bayonetta in Smash... oh man would I love to see (and maybe even drink) the fanboy tears after that.

By the way, why DID Sakurai visit Platinum Games? http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/1...-sakurai-caught-sneaking-into-platinum-games/

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Maybe to say "Hello!"?
You don't know that. Not everything he does is for Smash you know.
Oh yeah, I know that. There are plenty of people out there that go "ermahgerd, Smash Bros" whenever he mentions any one other game anywhere, Something Sakurai actually discussed at one point. I just like discussing these things that technically could be a possibility so that it's not so much of a shock when and if it does come to happen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Found a temporary Pit avy. Did I mention how much I love his new expressions?
:4pit: approves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wanting a playable Eggplant Wizard is like wanting a playable Goomba in Smash. :troll:
If somebody wanted Eggplant Wizard playable. :smirk:

Many just want it as an Assist Trophy, or at least Captain N fans do.(or those who want other characters besides Pit to suffer an eggplanty fate)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nah, W101 is still fairly new, that and it's one of the worst wii u games so far, it's sales were terrible.
Answer to the Bold: It's far from being a bad game. It's a great game.

Also, being too new of a character doesn't matter now that we have Greninja.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom