• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've spent all day searching for the perfect song to play when doing some Little Mac training in Smash 4.?
Bill Conti. Gonna Fly Now.
Can't think of a more fitting song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

as for the question nothing. not like I "train" really anyway but I end up tuning everything but the game out so it'd be a waste. there are times I marathon entire game osts when doing work though.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
for me, I enjoy to listen these ost

ssbm
kirby air ride (especially the event one)
TTYD
and recently, earthbound

I love so much vgm that I rip every ost I want to keep in wav so they don't loose any quality like mp3 one does (I noticed a big difference between wav from original and mp3)

from these ost, my favourite song respectively

menu 1 (this song means so much to me it represent all the fun i have playing ssbm not to mention that imo, it's the definition of a menu music) honourable mention: the beginning of the fire emblem music

dense fog today (this song has the feel of the unknown pretty well)

we beleive in you mario (perfect encouraging/hope song it represent a long term progression with downs and ups while you still feel that there's progress) honourable mention: title screen (so catchy)

and finally sanctuary guardian (for a boss theme, this one really emphasis on how your decision will be very crucial and will decide if you win or loose) honourable mention: battle against a mobile opponent (I can't resist to sing it)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have this weird thing with my VGM collection... They're more than just good tracks I like to listen to; they're memories. The vast majority of my collection comes from games I've played before, so when a song comes on I can remember the exact scene/moment it takes place on, and even the time period when I played the game a lot( in most cases).

Like for example every time this song comes on I remember my grandparents since I would always play Minish Cap at their house when I was younger:

Or every time I listen to this one it reminds me of my cousin's house since we would always play Super Mario 64 at her place (and Mario Party 2):

It really gives the music that much more importance when there are memories attached to them.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
If the Phazon Suit and/or Light Suit makes it in the game, that would be freaking epic.
By Phazon Suit, do you mean the one from Prime, cus that's just a black colored alt for the Prime Varia suit.
If you mean the PED suit:

then yeah, that would be sick.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Kirby Air Ride is a good one. Frozen Valley, Sky Sands, Checker Knights, Magma Flows, Meta Knight's Revenge remix, Legendary Air Ride Machines, Light, Metal, Water, Grass, and Sand are some good ones. Glad someone else enjoys the snarey hiop-hoppy beat of Dense Fog Today too.

ndayday

BRoomer
I have this weird thing with my VGM collection... They're more than just good tracks I like to listen to; they're memories. The vast majority of my collection comes from games I've played before, so when a song comes on I can remember the exact scene/moment it takes place on, and even the time period when I played the game a lot( in most cases).
Word! there are a lot of games where the nostalgia and good feelings actually hurt. It's not true nostalgia if it doesn't make you tear up and really want those days back. that said Pokemon Ruby's credits slay me if I don't listen to them for a while:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqgQPOaqCc

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love the Majora's Mask music, especially the fan rerecord. Tropical Freeze is my most played atm, and Galaxy gets a fair go. Sunshine is excellent too, as is Twilight Princess.

But one of my all time favourites is Sonic 3. I don't usually like Michael Jackson, but he and the Sonic Team aced Sonic 3. Every song is top notch.

I'm forgetting heaps, I'm at work on my phone.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
for me, I enjoy to listen these ost

ssbm
kirby air ride (especially the event one)
TTYD
and recently, earthbound

I love so much vgm that I rip every ost I want to keep in wav so they don't loose any quality like mp3 one does (I noticed a big difference between wav from original and mp3)

from these ost, my favourite song respectively

menu 1 (this song means so much to me it represent all the fun i have playing ssbm not to mention that imo, it's the definition of a menu music) honourable mention: the beginning of the fire emblem music

dense fog today (this song has the feel of the unknown pretty well)

we beleive in you mario (perfect encouraging/hope song it represent a long term progression with downs and ups while you still feel that there's progress) honourable mention: title screen (so catchy)

and finally sanctuary guardian (for a boss theme, this one really emphasis on how your decision will be very crucial and will decide if you win or loose) honourable mention: battle against a mobile opponent (I can't resist to sing it)
In terms of my absolute favorite tracks? I have way too many since my collection is basically a mash up of all of my favs. But from a quick glance...

"Morphogenetic Sorrow" - 999
"Memories of Green" - Chrono Trigger
"Amiss Abyss" - DKC Tropical Freeze
"Main Theme" - God of War 2
"Cavi Cape" - Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
"Vigil" - Mass Effect
"Rougeport" - Paper Mario 2
"Dreamyard" - Pokemon B/W
"Wicked Flight" - Bravely Default
"From Past to Present" - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

I could go on and on so I'll stop there. lol

The entire soundtrack from Tropical Freeze was godlike (and new) so I've been listening to most of that recently.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Word! there are a lot of games where the nostalgia and good feelings actually hurt. It's not true nostalgia if it doesn't make you tear up and really want those days back. that said Pokemon Ruby's credits slay me if I don't listen to them for a while:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqgQPOaqCc
Dude... Pokemon Gold/Silver credits... The ending (1:54) hits me in the feels harder than almost everything... ICRIEVRTIEM ;.;

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
This song better be in Sm4sh in some form.
along with a Clocktown stage
and these music pieces to go with it:
-Termina Field (original)
-Termina Field (heavy metal ver.)
-Clock Town Theme (original)
-Giant's Theme (original)
-Giant's theme (Orchestrated)
-Clock Town Final Hours (original)
-Saria's Song (original)
-Song of Healing (original)

and Masked Link.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This song better be in Sm4sh in some form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_BQX88g0k
along with a Clocktown stage, and Masked Link.
I fogot to mention but there's 2 track in this game that just by listening give me feeling

song of healing (name is perfect this is the song to listen to forget your problem it's that calm)

and my favourite final hours (I'm serious by saying that this is the only song that represent my feel on a Sunday night while I have to go to school tomorrow it's that depressing and you feel like you can't do anything and just wait until the worst happens)

ndayday

BRoomer
I do gotta remind you guys to either link or not embed as many vids on a single page. editing the video out when you quote helps too
and my favourite final hours (I'm serious by saying that this is the only song that represent my feel on a Sunday night while I have to go to school tomorrow it's that depressing and you feel like you can't do anything and just wait until the worst happens)
I feel you

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I forgot to mention but there's 2 track in this game that just by listening give me feeling

song of healing (name is perfect this is the song to listen to forget your problem it's that calm)

Yeah, IKR? I edited my post to add a bunch of songs to the track list, including those two you mentioned.

How about the Giant's Theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1v-Q05n3c
The feeling of there finally being a chance of hope in the hopeless land of Termina.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As far as Zelda music goes, Zora's Domain and Great Deku Tree are really good for chilling, reminiscing, and meditation.
IMO this is one of the chillest tracks in chill history, Zelda aside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpePRnHvvfY

Always makes me wanna take a nap on my old living room couch after playing Twilight Princess for too long the day after Christmas. ;.;

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of music

I went to the asian market to buy stuff to make sushi, which I still haven't done yet

And along with the normal asian music, they also played "Let it Go"

which made me laugh

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I've spent all day searching for the perfect song to play when doing some Little Mac training in Smash 4.
A neat song on its own, but a playstyle like Little Mac's demands ferocity and blood lust, not tempo and 80s synth layering. Here's mine:

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been listening to all of the Pokemon OSTs, they have steadily been releasing them on iTunes and they sound really great. High quality battle music gets me going.

Ever since the Greninja trailer, I've been listening to the X and Y trainer battle theme.
I'm stoked for the Smash arrangement of it and possible other new arrangements from the Pokemon series.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned something special about myself I didn;t know

Best way to start a post ever

Apparently when I was young, I loved the show ALF and had an ALF stuffed animal and slippers

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anyone here familiar with Brawl Vault?

If so. Is there a way to only get texture mods for characters and not vertex mods? I'm tired of downloading textures only to realize they are disproportionate to the original character and it makes it awkward. >_>

EDIT - NVM. Figured it out.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This song is the pure definition of criminally underrated. Plus, it's amazing how good they made it sound even with the Genesis' terrible sound chip.

Best. Final Boss. Theme. EVAH!!!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anyone here familiar with Brawl Vault?

If so. Is there a way to only get texture mods for characters and not vertex mods? I'm tired of downloading textures only to realize they are disproportionate to the original character and it makes it awkward. >_>

EDIT - NVM. Figured it out.
EDIT 2 - NVM again. I still keep getting vertex mods coming up. All I want are texture mods only. .-.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
By Phazon Suit, do you mean the one from Prime, cus that's just a black colored alt for the Prime Varia suit.
If you mean the PED suit:

then yeah, that would be sick.
That'd work too I suppose, but

I like the color scheme on this one.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I'd love for Majora's Mask to get a playable character in it that's NOT Tingle (Masked Link).

The game has a lot of really good music and at least 5 different stage ideas.
Plus it's got an item and Assist Trophy in this game.

That'd work too I suppose, but

I like the color scheme on this one.
That is a really nice color pallet.
Phazon Suit really was just a black alt for Varia though, and was done as Samus' black alt in Brawl.

Not trying to put your idea down though, the Prime and Other M Varia suits differ so they could use the Phazon suit as an alt and have a Varia Suit colored pallet for it.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'd love for Majora's Mask to get a playable character in it that's NOT Tingle (Masked Link).

The game has a lot of really good music and at least 5 different stage ideas.
Plus it's got an item and Assist Trophy in this game.

That is a really nice color pallet.
Phazon Suit really was just a black alt for Varia though, and was done as Samus' black alt in Brawl.

Not trying to put your idea down though, the Prime and Other M Varia suits differ so they could use the Phazon suit as an alt and have a Varia Suit colored pallet for it.
Just to clarify, but wasn't the Dark Suit her alt in Brawl?

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I blame her blonde hair.
Look at her second costume, her monochrome one. Bra and panties? Really, Nintendo? I mean, the other designs aren't beyond great(with only her ZSS one anywhere near sexualized in practice), but come on!

...BTW, you're supposed to like yet not quote me. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Look at her second costume, her monochrome one. Bra and panties? Really, Nintendo? I mean, the other designs aren't beyond great(with only her ZSS one anywhere near sexualized in practice), but come on!
Clarify on what you mean by "monochrome" costume.

...BTW, you're supposed to like yet not quote me. :p
Now where's the fun in that?

I need to be entertained. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom