• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You always, ALWAYS, write down stuff for game where you have to remember a particular thing to advance.

I once made the mistake to not write down a code in Virtues Last Reward and got bit in the ass trying to get through Alice's ending. Had to restart from my last save, though since it is VLR it wasn;t as bad as it could have been as it just meant constantly pressing A to skip through all the dialog and get back to the part with the code, then copy it down, then get back to the part where I had to crack it, still tedious however lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember when I wrote a map of the paths in the maze part of Ganon's Tower in Wind Waker for navigation in later playthroughs.

........annnnnnd, then I found out that Phantom's Ganon's dropped sword always pointed to the right path.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
First Zelda game I bought was Oracle of Seasons.

The two Oracle games are my favorites, along with Majora's Mask. Oot, aLttP, WW, and TP are also pretty cool.

----
OoS was my first Zelda game as well!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My personal favorites from the Zelda series are Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. I really like the worlds and characters that they have, and I love the music that they use for them as well as it makes the story even more fun to play through.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My first Zelda game was the very first one, though for some reason I had little motivation to really try and beat it until after like, six years....

When I was really young I got the Collector's Edition for Christmas along with a Gamecube and several other games, so I can also play the Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in addition to the first Zelda all in one. (although I rarely play MM anymore due to the random crashing on the GCN version)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My first Zelda game was a Link to the Past. I remember playing the heck out of that game, though I never finished it.

Looking back, it was also the first bootleg I had. :laugh:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i wrote them down and kind prepared in advance on anything i picked random things i may needed and had bottles filled two i got right then i would ask the others and write what they need and repeat
I don't generally write things down. I find it more fun that way. I have a backup guide when my memory fails me. XD

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I don't write things down....
Zelda's cool. I like TP Most!
MM and OOT are overatted!
Never got into windwaker.... I own it though!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My first Zelda game was OoT

I wasn't allowed to play Zelda when I was young because my parents thought it was evil because it had magic and stuff in it.

I wasn't allowed to watch the show on TV, but TBH that's for the better

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My first Zelda game was OoT

I wasn't allowed to play Zelda when I was young because my parents thought it was evil because it had magic and stuff in it.

I wasn't allowed to watch the show on TV, but TBH that's for the better
Well that sucks.
If my parents were like that when I was young I would have been bored out of my mind.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My first Zelda was the original LoZ on NES. LTTP is still generally speaking my favorite, though I don't think there has been a Zelda game I dislike completely. Though I never got very far into MM or the Oracle games. I suppose there is the CD-I Games but I refuse to acknowledge those, if it were for the jokes that arose from the games poor cut scenes no one else would either.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My big things were TMNT and Super Mario
Pretty much the same for me, but I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon every morning. I think the only movies I watched were Toy Story and Harry Potter.
The only thing my parents didn't like me doing was watching The Simpsons but they never did anything about it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty much the same for me, but I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon every morning. I think the only movies I watched were Toy Story and Harry Potter.
I got pretty big into Toy Story, buying all the toys and the computer game

I still have little Bo Peep's sheep

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I got pretty big into Toy Story, buying all the toys and the computer game

I still have little Bo Peep's sheep
the only Toy Story toys I had were a Buzz Lightyear and XR McDonalds toy
But I pretty much neglected all my toys (besides Lego) when I got a PS2

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I use to have a Buzz Lightyear toy when I was little, well actually two. A big one and a small one. I think I also had Woody and Mr. Potato Head at one point.

I also had a Toy Story compute game, but I only ever tried playing it when I was little and was bad at video games and I couldn't get pass the first level lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the only Toy Story toys I had were a Buzz Lightyear and XR McDonalds toy
But I pretty much neglected all my toys (besides Lego) when I got a PS2
Toy story came out quite a bit earlier than the playsation 2

The Playstation 1 was released a year before it though

Not like I would have known, I probably still only had an SNES then.

I was REALLY late getting any of the systems.

Only getting an in 1990 and not getting an SNES until sometime after 1994 (When the Playsation was already out)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Most of my family dislikes animes like Pokemon, Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh, and when I was little I disliked most of them too. I only really came to like Pokemon as I grew older, most others I had no interest in or just disliked. Nowadays though there are a few other animes that have peaked my interest.

Oh, and Toy Story? It was one of the gods of my childhood, and I had tons of different toys of it's characters by various different companies, played with em all the time.

I still think Toy Story 3 wrapped up the movie franchise brilliantly and perfectly, especially after so many people (including myself of course) grew up with the first two films.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to see the movie that was originally going to be Toy Story 3

It was going to be about Buzz Lightyear being recalled.

Just to see how they could have even made a movie about that

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My first Zelda was the original LoZ on NES. LTTP is still generally speaking my favorite, though I don't think there has been a Zelda game I dislike completely. Though I never got very far into MM or the Oracle games. I suppose there is the CD-I Games but I refuse to acknowledge those, if it were for the jokes that arose from the games poor cut scenes no one else would either.
Actually, some people do like those games besides just the cutscenes. I've even seen a person who prefers some of them over the two DS games.

So, no, not really. They have fans, and the games will always exist regardless. But until you play them yourself, there's no way to judge the quality of the gameplay anyway.(now, the quality of the cutscenes... that's another story)

--------

I played almost every Zelda game in order of release(save the CD-i games, but until I can get a proper controller for my laptop, I won't bother to play them. I think one of them was unplayable, though...), with the exceptions of Link's Crossbow Training, Skyward Sword, and Spirit Tracks. I have yet to play them. I also got the Four Swords Anniversary Edition far later than release too. I've only beaten(that is, without codes) Zelda 1(first quest), ALTTP(Four Swords version, and Four Swords too), Link's Awakening and DX, OOT(and Master Quest, haven't beaten the 3D rerelease), Twilight Princess, Oracle of Ages and Seasons(and linked versions), Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Most of my family dislikes animes like Pokemon, Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh, and when I was little I disliked most of them too. I only really came to like Pokemon as I grew older, most others I had no interest in or just disliked. Nowadays though there are a few other animes that have peaked my interest.
When I was little, anime was basically the only thing on TV for kids.
Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh were really popular and everyone would have a thousand Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon cards.
DBZ was also on but not many people liked it. Naruto never really got popular.
One Piece came a little later and became really popular. Funnily enough the 4Kids dub made me like it enough as a kid to start watching the Funimation Dub a couple of months ago.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought Glyptodon was THE ancient giant armadillo

BUT

Doedicurus had a spiked tail

Doedicurus > Glyptodon

Edit: Why would ANY armadillo want to be a Glyptodon when they could be a Doedicurus?

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Yea Yesterday we were talking about that Smash Bros Hobby Fair Flyer went we? well was anything announced?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well this time the entire possibility was based on quite a few assumptions that didn't end up adding up to anything.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i don't get the whole fixation people have w/ megalodon
dunkleosteus was way cooler

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megalodon was a lot larger than I thought

It apparently dwarfed mosasaurs which is a pretty impressive feat

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite aquatic extinct animal would be either a Mosasaurus or Basilosaurus.
I am literally on the wikipedia page for Basilosaurus right now

Like, before you posted that and stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom