• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I thought TP was ok, I don't really like Zelda series that much though (I really like OoT though).
Skyward Sword is unbearable for me, like even past the terrible motion controls (at least in TP you didn't have to reconfigure motion+ every 2 minutes) and cutscene tutorials in the beginning the puzzles and premise is just...ugh. I especially hate how every enemy is just a stupid puzzle for you to aim your wii remote at correctly. Maybe I just don't like being reminded I'm using the worst controller ever conceived.
at least Zelda's cute.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm pretty much in a minority in having one of my least favorite zeldas being ocarina
i just
don't like it
idk

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
@ Khoru Khoru
You aren't alone in that point. I find OOT revolutionary in combat only. Disliked it otherwise.

My favorites will always be Wind Waker, LTTP and Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
But what about the revolutionary trolling that comes with Wii and U's multiplayer?
Mario Party beat their main series to scumbag playstyles and backstabbing by a while. :laugh:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Zelda games in general are overrated anyways. I mean, a part of it for me is due to me being very picky about underwater sections in games. But even then, I have played and beaten WW, thank goodness it didn't have an underwater section, and while it was fun, I wasn't wow'd by it. The combat system was rather basic, which isn't a bad thing if done right but it was only implemented decently in WW imo, and the puzzles weren't all that challenging either (the puzzle that took me the longest to figure out was traveling through all those rooms in Ganon's tower where his Phantom formed interrupted you every time, but I eventually figured out how to go through the right door) and only 2 bosses gave me trouble (the very first one and Puppet Ganon) and even then I never dies against them. The best thing I liked about the game was the art style. It was decent game overall, but eh, I was expecting more lol.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I liked Wind Waker... And I liked Twilight Princess. The art style shouldn't be a reason to put any game down.

My personal favorites are Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, OoT, ALBW, Wind Waker, and SS in that order. Leaving out most handheld titles and a few other ones. The handhelds are the only ones I haven't completely played, besides FSA.

Last edited:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
As much as I love the Zelda series, I feel like with many of them, it's 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Take SS for instance. I loved many things about it, like the sword upgrades, bosses, etc. But then you have this desolate skyworld, and a surface world that's a pain in the ass every time you go down there. Really? I have to collect a billion tadpole music note things? Swimming around in Zelda is NEVER fun.

Lttp is still my favorite after all this time. I can't tell you how many times I've replayed that game. I've been playing Wind Waker Hd these days and it's glorious....(although recently I've been distracted by netflix so not much progress has been made for a while).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I found TP easier myself. This game actually has challenging moments. I've died quite a few times. Only issues TP gave me were slightly the first Dungeon Boss, and the glitches on the GCN version that screws it up when I enter an area. Not sure why it does that, but...
Majora is the easiest one

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Majora is the easiest one
I found it one of the hardest games, with only Zelda 1 and 2 harder. The difficulty was increased, tons of Guide Dang It moments(moreso than any other game, which are far easier to figure out on your own), the 3 day time limit created a fake kind of difficulty, getting everything on perfect time...

Yeah, TP is still way easier to beat. Getting everything can be somewhat difficult, but MM is even more ridiculous on that front. So is WW at times. Dang trades...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I found it one of the hardest games, with only Zelda 1 and 2 harder. The difficulty was increased, tons of Guide Dang It moments(moreso than any other game, which are far easier to figure out on your own), the 3 day time limit created a fake kind of difficulty, getting everything on perfect time...

Yeah, TP is still way easier to beat. Getting everything can be somewhat difficult, but MM is even more ridiculous on that front. So is WW at times. Dang trades...
really the game is very short and not that hard to find the bosses rhythm of attack the games answers are right next to each other it wasn't that hard same for tp it was easy but long

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
really the game is very short and not that hard to find the bosses rhythm of attack the games answers are right next to each other it wasn't that hard same for tp it was easy but long
Not everything was "super easy" to find. Getting all the items for the Gibdos in the Underground area was ridiculous. Since it was hard to find the information, and even then, multiple trips. Just plain tedious. I had a lot of trouble throughout it, still to this day. Being short doesn't make it "easy", either. The dungeons were extremely long and to be honest, I found them very difficult. The Skulltulla houses weren't too hard, though.

The only bosses I had no real trouble with was Majora, Iron Knuckles, and that Skeleton King guy. I forgot his name. King Ikana, I think? TP gave pretty much no trouble at all. It felt like it was way too easy, besides a few mini-games at best. The length didn't really make me enjoy it at all, since it had a lot of empty areas. It did have some great personalities for characters, but that's the main thing I like about it. Except Ganondorf, he was boring as hell in that game.(fun to fight, pretty much no characterization. After the superior characterization of him from WW, I was actually expecting a decent amount of it. But... nope. He was flat as a surfboard.)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is it bad that i legitimately like Zelda 2? (I like all the other Zelda games that i've played so...) Because i find it really fun.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Perfectly sums up why I have a love hate relationship with Majora's Mask. While I like the setting and them of the game, just the whole 3 Day time limit and having to use to Song of Time repeatedly just makes playing that game a chore.

Now Twilight Princess was more tolerable, but had its issues. Everything was just so dull, even more duller than the GB Legend of Zelda games. Midna, while cute, just wouldn't stop yawning every time we walk for a while through this desolate world. Oocoo is just an unnecessary character that transfers you out of and in a dudgeon (something that only noobs would want to do) and she's Uncanny Valley incarnate. Zant had the potential to be be an interesting villain, but feel flat by being a whiny, crazed junkie in the end when we fought. Ganon's portrayal was also boring, even more boring than how he was in Ocarina of Time.

While I did have issues with Wind Waker's slow as hell sailing mechanics, it did have something that I'd liked the most. A very colorful atmosphere, lovable characters (even Tingle the Money Grubber), a non-boring Ganon portrayal, very unique bosses (Molgera FTW!), interesting takes on certain reoccurring enemies (Dat Moblin, Dat ReDead, ect.), and that Link had more personality than the boring Child Link's from both N64 games. It's just out of personal bias since it was my first 3D Zelda title (I've played Ocarina of Time later since I've been too preoccupied with other N64 titles and got Master Quest after beating Wind Waker).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Not everything was "super easy" to find. Getting all the items for the Gibdos in the Underground area was ridiculous. Since it was hard to find the information, and even then, multiple trips. Just plain tedious. I had a lot of trouble throughout it, still to this day. Being short doesn't make it "easy", either. The dungeons were extremely long and to be honest, I found them very difficult. The Skulltulla houses weren't too hard, though.

The only bosses I had no real trouble with was Majora, Iron Knuckles, and that Skeleton King guy. I forgot his name. King Ikana, I think? TP gave pretty much no trouble at all. It felt like it was way too easy, besides a few mini-games at best. The length didn't really make me enjoy it at all, since it had a lot of empty areas. It did have some great personalities for characters, but that's the main thing I like about it. Except Ganondorf, he was boring as hell in that game.(fun to fight, pretty much no characterization. After the superior characterization of him from WW, I was actually expecting a decent amount of it. But... nope. He was flat as a surfboard.)
you had trouble with the gibdos???

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love every Zelda game for what they are. Yes, I feel that some could've have been better in certain aspects. As some examples, Skyward Sword was lacking significantly in optional exploration, especially on the surface, but it wasn't a major loss, honestly. Wind Waker really lacked difficulty in most of it's puzzles up until the last dungeon, and the most enemies pose little threat, few being able to deal more than a Heart's worth of damage (except in HD's heromode, and I still enjoy fighting every enemy and boss nonetheless) and I totally agree that Twilight Princess's big issue is that a lot of items would rarely be used after the dungeon they were obtained in, especially the Spinner and Slingshot, though at least I did find myself using the Ball & Chain quite a lot in combat later on, especially against Redead Knights in the Cave of Ordeals.

For me though, those are the only real issues I have with those games,. and they're quite minor. I've yet to play a Zelda game that I dislike overall.

Last edited:

Neon Borealis

Smash Rookie

I'm not sure if this is the right place for posting this. Or if you've already talked about this. But, have you seen this?

nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-teases-secret-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-character-in-world-hobby-fair-flyer/

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you had trouble with the gibdos???
Yes. I had to look up the whole map to know what to do. Never found the information outside of GameFAQs.

I don't like those types of moments, where you essentially need a guide to pass. Regardless, I'm not good at a lot of these puzzles and have a terrible memory.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Topic is Zelda?
I've played OOT, MM, WW, TP among the 3D ones, while LTTP, MC among 2D ones. (Yay for abbreviations. :p)

Majora's Mask and Minish Cap are my favourites.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The best Zelda game is the one where you have to defeat an alien being and the four daimyo lords that it's controlling through its dark influence.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Yes. I had to look up the whole map to know what to do. Never found the information outside of GameFAQs.

I don't like those types of moments, where you essentially need a guide to pass. Regardless, I'm not good at a lot of these puzzles and have a terrible memory.
i wrote them down and kind prepared in advance on anything i picked random things i may needed and had bottles filled two i got right then i would ask the others and write what they need and repeat

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The best Zelda game is the one where you have to defeat an alien being and the four daimyo lords that it's controlling through its dark influence.
mega man 2?

and by far i still enjoy wind waker over all of them with colorful world yet dark backstory unique characters and a same yet different antagonist then usual

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. Being able to sail around a huge ocean with a ton of different islands to visit was just truly awesome. I also find it to have some of the most amazing music in the series(Makar's Prayer and Molgera's Theme are great). And the artstyle makes it even better, since it makes you remember every single person since they all have distinct exaggerated features. Also the figure gallery was so fricking fun to fill up.

Petition to cut all non toon-styled Zelda characters and replace them with their superior toon versions. :b:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For a second I thought you were describing Super Metroid.
He was clearly talking about Nazo no Murasame-Jo. Then again, both games had shared the same engine in the past and had their differences. :troll:

I thought the reason you behave the way you do was because you had played Faces of Evil before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom