• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I get the feeling that the DLC characters were picked a long time ago and that most, if not all, will line up with a good number of popular choices. For example, I think Lucina is going to be DLC but, given how Fire Emblem isn't even a blip on the radar in the casual crowd, I don't think she'd have a chance in hell if her fate was decided by a popularity contest. This being said, my concern with a popularity contest idea is that there wouldn't be much variety and would largely just be people spamming requests for 50 billion different Mario and Sonic side characters simply because that's who most people know.
Do you anticipate Chrom?

I think it would be much more beneficial if Lucina was on the disc and Chrom is DLC.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I get the feeling that the DLC characters were picked a long time ago and that most, if not all, will line up with a good number of popular choices. For example, I think Lucina is going to be DLC but, given how Fire Emblem isn't even a blip on the radar in the casual crowd, I don't think she'd have a chance in hell if her fate was decided by a popularity contest. This being said, my concern with a popularity contest idea is that there wouldn't be much variety and would largely just be people spamming requests for 50 billion different Mario and Sonic side characters simply because that's who most people know.
Maybe they could do 5 main Polls, where one is Villain Theme (King K. Rool, Porky, Ridley, Black Shadow, Bowser Jr.), New Generation Theme (Dillon, Pushmo, Wonderful 101, Splatoon), Old School (Mach Rider, Mike Jones, Sukapon, Donbe and Hikari), Sidekick Theme (Bandana Dee, Krystal, Captain Toad, Dixie Kong), Series still with no Character (Andy/Samy/Nell, Ray, Saki, Isaac, Aeron, Zael).

.n_n.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you anticipate Chrom?

I think it would be much more beneficial if Lucina was on the disc and Chrom is DLC.
Even if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak, I've expected Chrom since the beginning. I get the feeling that Lucina is either going to be DLC or a part of Chrom's final smash but I do think she's important enough in Awakening to warrant more than just a trophy. Lucina is arguably more important to the overall story than Chrom but, even if people don't like it, he's still the title character and he's still the one you have to have in every single mission in story mode.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So here is a question for you SmashBoards, should Nintendo/Sakurai launch a worldwide poll where people can vote for their favorite character and the top will be made as DLC, would you be in favor or against it?
I would be in favor of it, provided it wasnt the end all, be all for the choices, rather Sakurai would consider our choices when choosing DLC. For example, if our choices alligned with what he considered when the game was first being made, he would highly consider those characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak, I've expected Chrom since the beginning. I get the feeling that Lucina is either going to be DLC or a part of Chrom's final smash but I do think she's important enough in Awakening to warrant more than just a trophy. Lucina is arguably more important to the overall story than Chrom but, even if people don't like it, he's still the title character and he's still the one you have to have in every single mission in story mode.
He's not the title character. He's the closest to it, sure, but he isn't the title character. The only reason he's required in all chapters is (in the context of the story) because he leads the army you (Robin) controls for all intents and purposes, and (in the context of gameplay) because he represents a staple to the series.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I would be in favor of it, provided it wasnt the end all, be all for the choices, rather Sakurai would consider our choices when choosing DLC. For example, if our choices alligned with what he considered when the game was first being made, he would highly consider those characters.
The question is what Sakurai considers great characters that could be playable but for the lack of time, resources, etc. couldn´t make it on the game? Maybe he considers Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, Sylux, Dixie Kong, etc., instead of the fan favorites like Ridley or King K. Rool.

.n_n.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wonder how many events this game will have?

Also,I want to shoot Philips in the face.
If there was a patent in 2011,why wait 3 years to "just" notice?
RAMBLE RAMBLE RANT 360 NOSCOPES RANT RAMBLETON JR.

Still,maybe the 51 event count will stay.
The Wii was involved, too, so Philips actually waited EIGHT years.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm assuming this has to do with W101? The one thing I had trouble making was the glider. That triangle is dumb-ski.
That gave me trouble, but I'm at this part after you get Wonder-Yellow and have to traverse the glass maze that's full of poison gas.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
That gave me trouble, but I'm at this part after you get Wonder-Yellow and have to traverse the glass maze that's full of poison gas.
oooo. I actually thought that part was cool. I remember having a hard time finding something there.... I think... Idk. Maybe it was some kind of key thing. Items are a strange thing in that game.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
oooo. I actually thought that part was cool. I remember having a hard time finding something there.... I think... Idk. Maybe it was some kind of key thing. Items are a strange thing in that game.
I get frustrated very easily. Wonder-Pink is totally me if I were in the game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I get frustrated very easily. Wonder-Pink is totally me if I were in the game.
Wonder Blue is my favorite one. He got that Falco complex. Wonder Pink is a close second. I find myself using either the whip or the blade most of the time.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wonder Blue is my favorite one. He got that Falco complex. Wonder is a close second. I find myself using either the whip or the blade most of the time.
I always use the blade unless I need the other Wonder guys. So far I really don't like Wonder-Yellow.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A broken image?
It was an image for Shovel Knight...

A Duck Tales Mega Man Castlevaina Dark Souls with this guy below, who ALMOST became my avi, but I wanted Condescending Sakurai to stick around.

Mr. Hat, a knight that changes his fighting style along with his hat.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's not the title character. He's the closest to it, sure, but he isn't the title character. The only reason he's required in all chapters is (in the context of the story) because he leads the army you (Robin) controls for all intents and purposes, and (in the context of gameplay) because he represents a staple to the series.
Well, right, but Robin is an avatar/self insertion. Villager and the Mii Fighters are this too but there's nobody else as important as they are in their respective games whose also playable. This is why I feel Chrom supersedes Robin when it comes to picking someone to represent Awakening. Granted, Robin would be a lot more interesting and is technically the real star of Awakening but, as you said, Chrom represents a staple to the series of being a lord in a lead role.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I always use the blade unless I need the other Wonder guys. So far I really don't like Wonder-Yellow.
I could tell you my favorite strategy but that would be a little spoiler-ish. Some enemies lose like all their health easily with the whip but with other things they're like meh. Its weird.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, just completed Pokémon White. Easily the best Pokémon game I've played to date.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well, just completed Pokémon White. Easily the best Pokémon game I've played to date.
Why? All main pokemon games are the same to me. (that doesn't keep me from buying one each gen :awesome:)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, right, but Robin is an avatar/self insertion. Villager and the Mii Fighters are this too but there's nobody else as important as they are in their respective games whose also playable. This is why I feel Chrom supersedes Robin when it comes to picking someone to represent Awakening. Granted, Robin would be a lot more interesting and is technically the real star of Awakening but, as you said, Chrom represents a staple to the series of being a lord in a lead role.
True, but that's sort of my point. Marth and Ike already basically represent the Lord archetypes; Chrom's role in the game is basically to maintain a tradition, that's why he comes off as so uninteresting at times.

In other words, he represents a staple of the series that's already represented very well in multiple ways.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was an image for Shovel Knight...

A Duck Tales Mega Man Castlevaina Dark Souls with this guy below, who ALMOST became my avi, but I wanted Condescending Sakurai to stick around.

Mr. Hat, a knight that changes his fighting style along with his hat.

That dude does look pretty cool. Then again, so does Shovel Knight himself.

It was one of my favorites too. :denzel:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Gen IV though. >_>

I liked the heavier emphasis on story and and the large post-game.
Yea that's understandable. You have to find all those scientists (or something) iirc. Post-game for RPGs like Pokemon is great. The longer the better. My favorite gen is gen 3 only because of nostalgia of course.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like'd Black 2 best. X/Y takes a close second.
Black 2 is my favorite too. All of the characters are great and actually are developed. Colress is extremely interesting (and also, is Wesker). Hugh is the perfect rival, the closest to Blue, which is cool.

The only problem I have with the game is that it's still Unova, so it still has some godawful Pokemon (a problem alleviated by the inclusion of other regions' Pokemon)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That dude does look pretty cool. Then again, so does Shovel Knight himself.
I'm really digging (heh) most of the character designs, even the enemies, especially Liquid Samurai, Mr. Hat, and some of the members from The Order of No Quarter.

Plague Knight, King Knight, and Specter Knight..

Liquid Samurai

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I couldn't finish Black or White. I felt like the game forced you to grind too much and that largely meant slaughtering legions upon legions of hapless Audinos. That and it absolutely drove me up a wall that so many of the new Pokemon had to be leveled up to "ha ha, are you freakin' kidding me" levels to evolve. With either version, I've never been able to retain interest enough to keep playing once I beat Skyla.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I couldn't finish Black or White. I felt like the game forced you to grind too much and that largely meant slaughtering legions upon legions of hapless Audinos. That and it absolutely drove me up a wall that so many of the new Pokemon had to be leveled up to "ha ha, are you freakin' kidding me" levels to evolve. With either version, I've never been able to retain interest enough to keep playing once I beat Skyla.
While it had a great story, the grinding was even more ridiculous than normal. X/Y is a lot better about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom