• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I couldn't finish Black or White. I felt like the game forced you to grind too much and that largely meant slaughtering legions upon legions of hapless Audinos. That and it absolutely drove me up a wall that so many of the new Pokemon had to be leveled up to "ha ha, are you freakin' kidding me" levels to evolve. With either version, I've never been able to retain interest enough to keep playing once I beat Skyla.
I don't think I had to grind too much. Probably because I like to fill up the Pokédex pages along the way, so that removed most of the repetitiveness.

And probably because I've been gifted with too much patience. :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I couldn't finish Black or White. I felt like the game forced you to grind too much and that largely meant slaughtering legions upon legions of hapless Audinos. That and it absolutely drove me up a wall that so many of the new Pokemon had to be leveled up to "ha ha, are you freakin' kidding me" levels to evolve. With either version, I've never been able to retain interest enough to keep playing once I beat Skyla.
Ah, Skyla...man, one thing in BW's favour is the great character designs (even if some of them are ridiculous)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't remember having to do much grinding myself when I played the game. The only time I did that much training was trying to evolve my Tynamo. But at least it was a challenge. Which was sort of my opposite problem with X and Y, I found those games to be a little too easy.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Black 2 is my favorite too. All of the characters are great and actually are developed. Colress is extremely interesting (and also, is Wesker). Hugh is the perfect rival, the closest to Blue, which is cool.

The only problem I have with the game is that it's still Unova, so it still has some godawful Pokemon (a problem alleviated by the inclusion of other regions' Pokemon)
I liked the Pokémon in Black and White. And while most people hate Vanilluxe (am I the only one?:c) , Garbodor and Bouffalant,

Krookodile, Black and White Kyurem, Volcarona, Gigalith, Zoroark, Druddigon, Bisharp, Braviary, Hydreigon and Genesect were pretty well received.

That, along with the greater focus on story and characters, the sped up battles and the replay value, are why the fifth Generation is still my favourite.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree, X/Y were stupidly easy. I honestly feel most of the modern Pokemon games are too complex as well, and that has nothing to do with the amount of Pokemon.

Also, forget what I said earlier, DPP has the best Gym Leader designs, not BW.

I liked the Pokémon in Black and White. And while most people hate Vanilluxe (am I the only one?:c) , Garbodor and Bouffalant, Krookodile, Black and White Kyurem, Volcarona, Gigalith, Zoroark, Druddigon, Bisharp, Braviary, Hydreigon and Genesect were pretty well received.
That, along with the greater focus on story and characters, the sped up battles and the replay value, are why the fifth Generation is still my favourite.
I actually like Vanillite, but I feel like Vanilluxe was a lazy design choice.

I like Bisharp, Zoroark, Cinccino, Bouffalant, Hydeigon, and Deerling.

Garbodor, Boldore, Druddigon, and especially the kami trio are among my least favorites. Overall, I don't have least favorites, I just didn't have any Pokemon that interested me in that game. There weren't many that said to me, "wow, that's a cool/cute Pokemon".

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I liked the Pokémon in Black and White. And while most people hate Vanilluxe (am I the only one?:c) , Garbodor and Bouffalant,
I get the Vanilluxe and Garbodor hate, buy Bouffalant?

My favourite Gym leader designs are from Gen II. They're quite simple.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...Pikachu?
girafarig
Missingno :awesome:
Jigglypuff
I think "hard" is a clue here....
Metapod.
Wobbuffet.
You are all wrong.

My favorite Pokemon is actually Ditto.

So actually, you are all right. All of those Pokemon could be my favorite.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
One of my favorite Pokemon is
. Its cry is pretty.
is cool too, since it keeps fighting you when you catch it once, and you can then catch a second M (which turns into a Ditto)
Pokemon: Other M

And then there's
, with that Pokemon hybrid glitch thing.

----

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Missingno's like the weeping angels from Doctor Who. Look at it once and you disappear from existence...at least in that time anyway.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It was one of my favorites too. :denzel:
Mine as well, I really enjoyed playing through that region and I liked the focus they tried to give their story.

I never really felt the need to grind too much with those games, the new experience system along with them giving the Exp. Share early on really helped in keeping my team up to par. There were some points where I hit a wall, but I didn't mind them as it was nice having that decent amount of challenge when it did come up.

On that same note, I do agree with the sentiment about XY being way too easy, I hope that they find a better balance in the remakes and Pokémon Z/X2/Y2/etc.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If we're talking about a gen with bad Pokemon let's talk gen IV.
over time (like, 6 years) some of them have grown on me but I felt the Pokemon from Sinnoh were some of the lamest. Still disappointed in Electivire et al.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Gen V takes the cake for lamest Pokémon designs. So many redundancies and bad aesthetic choices overall.

Also, does anyone know of a place on the boards where you can get tech help?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If we're talking about a gen with bad Pokemon let's talk gen IV.
over time (like, 6 years) some of them have grown on me but I felt the Pokemon from Sinnoh were some of the lamest. Still disappointed in Electivire et al.
Iunno. Apart from the music, the Pokémon designs were some of the few things I liked about Gen IV.

kylexv

Smash Master
SGDQ REPORT:

The Super Meat Boy Speedrun has gotten stuck.

How can you get STUCK on a SPEEDRUN?

Well, in the first warp zone in World 5, he's stuck on the second level. There's this jump that you normally don't die on but he's been dying.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
SGDQ REPORT:

The Super Meat Boy Speedrun has gotten stuck.

How can you get STUCK on a SPEEDRUN?

Well, in the first warp zone in World 5, he's stuck on the second level. There's this jump that you normally don't die on but he's been dying.
Wait, is this an 100% playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom