• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just got an alert. It says "[object Object]."

Wut?

EDIT : I **** you not,I'm still getting these. AM I THE CHOSEN ONE? Probably not...
Well, you were definitely chosen by Phoenix Wright the glitch. I'll look into it.

Can you post a screenshot?

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Hmm, Guests: 8

There be lurkers on these boards...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It really is... and not in the corny 80s way of saying "bad" where "bad" means good, I mean in the way that makes me want to dance away from the movie.
It was funny. My family saw a musical theater version of it, and it was great. So my dad was all like "This was awesome! Let's get the movie version!" So we watch it at home and it was just bad. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
About that Sonic Boom thing

I wonder if the characters hadn't been Sonic characters what people would have thought of the game

Talking about it's slow pacing.

Is it because it's a Sonic game?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
About that Sonic Boom thing

I wonder if the characters hadn't been Sonic characters what people would have thought of the game

Talking about it's slow pacing.

Is it because it's a Sonic game?
No, I've heard from people who've played it. It's glitchy as Hell and a glorified Ratchet&Clank clone.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so skullgirls was on steam sale the other day, and HOLY CRAP IT'S THE BEST THING EVER

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
No, I've heard from people who've played it. It's glitchy as Hell and a glorified Ratchet&Clank clone.
That's what I'm understanding. It's REALLY buggy, really glitchy, and yeah... a Sonic game that doesn't feel like a Sonic game, with graphics that have been downgraded since the reveal trailer. Not to mention the character designs have been the subject of controversy... just to rub salt in the wound.

Change in gameplay is fine so long as it's still good, but it doesn't sound like it's good. It sounds, as mentioned above, glitched up the wazoo.

I don't get what that means.
He means to say he thinks you're wrong.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's what I'm understanding. It's REALLY buggy, really glitchy, and yeah... a Sonic game that doesn't feel like a Sonic game, with graphics that have been downgraded since the reveal trailer. Not to mention the character designs have been the subject of controversy... just to rub salt in the wound.

Change in gameplay is fine so long as it's still good, but it doesn't sound like it's good. It sounds, as mentioned above, glitched up the wazoo.
In other words, it's Sonic '06 2.0.

Hardly surprising from a series some may perceive as being in decline.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

He means to say he thinks you're wrong.
Well I ain't. :p

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
In other words, it's Sonic '06 2.0.

Hardly surprising from a series some may perceive as being in decline.
The last good thing Sonic did in recent memory was make a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph. His games are SO BAD

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'll say this. It really takes ALOT to make me not like a Sonic game. For example, Shadow the Hedgehog I did not mind. Alot of people hate it, but... eh... I can't find too much wrong with it. There are things that could have been done better, but the flaws were never enough to keep me from enjoying the game.

Then of course there was Sonic Battle, a game that, as a fighting game, doesn't feature the usual Sonic gameplay. But that's not a bad thing, as the game is still fun. Just goes to show, just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.

And even Sonic Lost World, while different and certainly the subject of mixed reception, I have a hard time calling a "bad" game, since I still enjoyed what I played, just not as much as other Sonic games.

Sonic 2006 though... falling through solid objects, objects deciding to not be interactable, just having Knuckles floating up to the ceiling for no discernible reason like on Game Grumps, Sonic turning completely invisible upon receiving damage... that's the kind of stuff that's unforgivable. With Sonic Boom, the guy in the article describes that the lasso barely works (which kinda sounds terrible since it's so integral to the whole game... as he describes, it's like a Mario game where Mario's jumps only work half the time.) as well as the beat em up sections featuring attacks that barely register, on top of the other stuff I've been hearing, I heard Gamexplain discuss falling through the floor and so on and so forth. Yeah, THIS is the kind of thing that really wrecks a game for me.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
so skullgirls was on steam sale the other day, and HOLY CRAP IT'S THE BEST THING EVER
You will play Skullgirls. And you will love Skullgirls. And you will understand the Salt Girls. And you will understand how great of a game it is. It feels like MVC2 and CVS but reimagined and beautifully animated.

BTW, don't forget to grab Big Band, he's free for a while right now! And if you play the beta, Eliza's playable (yet unfinished)! (Sadly you missed Squigly and the free color DLC but they are avaliable. I recommend picking up Squigly, though.)

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
My take on the whole Sonic Boom thing.

After seeing...this...

...did anyone really expect it to be an amazing game? Not trolling or anything. I'm serious.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The new and temporary designs alone aren't nearly enough to convince me the game will suck. Although, the only one of those designs that I actually like is Tails', and in fact I actually kind of prefer it over his normal design.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

After seeing...this...

...did anyone really expect it to be an amazing game? Not trolling or anything. I'm serious.
It could be (and still can be) an amazing game in its own right. The redesigns don't tell us how it plays and how it'll work, they're just different interpretations of the characters.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sonic's legs got stuck under a rolling pink and he threw toilet paper on his hands, feet, and neck.
Tails got goggles and a belt, and some toilet paper.
Knuckles went to the gym with Ike and Swampert, and put some toilet paper on.
And Amy looks like a slutty 13 year old trying to be sexy.

Also, Eggman is a WWII Flying Ace.

SONIC BOOM EVERYONE!!!!

D

Deleted member

Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom (Trouble keeps you running faster)
Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom (Save the planet from disaster)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

After seeing...this...

The new character designs are just the salt in the wound. Who knows, maybe the game could have been good regardless of the designs. Maybe the new designs were just something most of us would eventually get used to just like the Sonic Adventure redesigns.

But since the game itself is shaping up to be a very special kind of bad... well, now those character designs are salt in the wound. Just yet another bad thing to add on top of it all.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm kinda curious on how Sonic Boom would affect Smash after this title. I probably shouldn't be that curious because I do expect a buyout sometime between this smash and next, but then again I still hope smash 5 has the characters as they appear in Sonic Boom.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom (Trouble keeps you running faster)
Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom (Save the planet from disaster)
That's another thing I like about Sonic, the MUSIC! BEST VIDEOGAME MUSIC EVER!!! (Except maybe Zelda) Crush 40 should've been a record holder for Grammy Awards by now.

I actually managed to convince a gullible friend of mine of the following

Follow Me from Sonic Heroes was done by Carly Rae Jepsen when she was a teenager.

Linkin Park did "This Machine"

Florence and the Machine did "With Me" from Black Knight

Bon Jovi did "It Doesn't Matter," Escape from the City," and "We Can."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom