• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And hey, I would like Sonic Boom to succeed too, as that would be good for both Sega and Nintendo since the game is Nintendo exclusive.

But this is all starting to sound eerily similar. Given that the game has to launch in time for the TV show, I'm just afraid that even though it's still under development, it won't get the polish it clearly needs.
Yeah, as much of a huge Rouge fan I am, this is starting to make me think that Sonic Boom doesn't necesarily need Rouge right off the bat.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Yeah, as much of a huge Rouge fan I am, this is starting to make me think that Sonic Boom doesn't necesarily need Rouge right off the bat.
.... I'm not.... quite... sure how Rouge came into the discussion, but what I'm trying to say is

Sonic 2006 failed because it was buggy and glitched up because it wasn't quite finished because the developers weren't sure how to make games for the PS3/360 hardware at the time but had to release it in time for the PS3 launch/Holiday season/15th Anniversary.

Sonic Boom has a similar deadline with the TV show/holiday season... and they are also working with unfamiliar tech, aka CryEngine on Wii U, which hasn't been done before, and given the different gameplay setup, it's a new idea, which means it's gonna need alot of polish. But with that deadline in place, that polish might not come. THAT'S what I'm afraid of.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't understand the hate for DLC. Day one especially.

Now, I understand when they use it horribly wrong like maybe 20$ for one character or something, but just normal DLC doesn't seem bad. :/

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You can't have "Banned (6 Points)" as your banner anymore.

I started that trend, so yes I'm the coolest. :shades:
hardly, it was a thing for as long as I can remember, just it was so tired of a joke no one thought to try it out on xenforo.
learn your smashboards history son

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I don't understand the hate for DLC. Day one especially.

Now, I understand when they use it horribly wrong like maybe 20$ for one character or something, but just normal DLC doesn't seem bad. :/
It's not the price that's the problem. I'm fine with DLC as long as it isn't either that microtransactiony unlock everything for $40 BS or something that should've been in the final game, but after making it, the devs decided "you know, I think you should have to pay for this" and kept it in the game's code, basically you pay to unlock it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Once I become premium again, I'm changing my name to AuraSage, changing my title to something not so creepy, and then I'll never die ♡

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Well Sakurai says they are number 4 and 5 so.. yeah
Hence the "to me". I think Sakurai is just saying that so people won't think they're just ports of each other, secretly he agrees with me.

@ Aurane Aurane Please don't, you've changed it far too many times. Otherwise, I'll just have to call you "That Guy Who Likes Victini and Lucario and Keeps Changing His Avatar and Name so I Don't Know Who He is".

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's not the price that's the problem. I'm fine with DLC as long as it isn't either that microtransactiony unlock everything for $40 BS or something that should've been in the final game, but after making it, the devs decided "you know, I think you should have to pay for this" and kept it in the game's code, basically you pay to unlock it.
Well when it comes to pay to win sure, but I still don't see the problem with paying to get something. :/ If you trying to tell me it's greedy, I don't think it is. Sure its greedier, but I still don't see why it's such a hated thing.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It makes you look like a rebel. A cool rebel.

Just kidding please don't ban me.

You mean like on Footloose... aka 80s rebel culture the movie... the kind of rebels that live in a town where dancing is illegal because the reverend says so which makes the rebel kids turn over tractors and throw dance parties anyway, especially when a dance crazy Kevin Bacon comes to town.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When smash 6 comes along, people won't be able to find a pattern in the amount of characters added to each smash

Because there will have been 0 additional characters between smash 4 and 5

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You mean like on Footloose... aka 80s rebel culture the movie... the kind of rebels that live in a town where dancing is illegal because the reverend says so which makes the rebel kids turn over tractors and throw dance parties anyway, especially when a dance crazy Kevin Bacon comes to town.
Foot Loose is such a bad movie. lol

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Well when it comes to pay to win sure, but I still don't see the problem with paying to get something. :/ If you trying to tell me it's greedy, I don't think it is. Sure its greedier, but I still don't see why it's such a hated thing.
It's because often it was at one point going to be in the main game, and you don't actually download it, it's already there and you just "unlock" it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just got an alert. It says "[object Object]."

Wut?

EDIT : I **** you not,I'm still getting these. AM I THE CHOSEN ONE? Probably not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom