• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It sucked way before the Chunnin Exams. lol
Agreed, but at least I could pass it off as typical sub-par shonen tripe until that point. The lion's share of my disgust for the series comes from the resolution of that arc (Gaara's magical temporary insanity and "The Bull**** Empathy Headbutt") and its aftermath, the Sasuke Rescue arc thing (Sasuke's butthurt vs. Naruto's goddamn warped attempt at empathy).

Everything else that's transpired in the series has been icing on the **** cake.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess it's because Zelda sucks by herself now that she can't transform into Sheik? And she was already near the bottom of Brawl's tier list, anyway.
I think the main problem with Zelda is she doesn't have approach options. Which I presume is why Knight Slash has been implemented into her moveset as a more reliable method of space control then Din's Fire.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Well, to be fair, we've also been talking about anime a lot. It's only a matter of time before Naruto, or even DBZ is pulled up.
DBZ is fine. It's like seeing Mario mentioned during video game discussions. Naruto is the person you don't want to see but keeps showing up till you punch him in the throat and use a drop kick on his head while he's stumbling back.
Agreed, but at least I could pass it off as typical sub-par shonen tripe until that point. The lion's share of my disgust for the series comes from the resolution of that arc (Gaara magical temporary insanity and "The Bull**** Empathy Headbutt") and its aftermath (Sasuke's butthurt vs. Naruto's goddamn empathy).

Smooth Criminal
Because "FRIENDSHIP AND TALKING" always works for some reason. Oh and Kishimoto having a fetish for fictional eyes he created that are slightly broken.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
DBZ is fine. It's like seeing Mario mentioned during video game discussions. Naruto is the person you don't want to see but keeps showing up till you punch him in the throat and use a drop kick on his head while he's stumbling back.
Still, it's popular, so it must be doing something right. Not sure why exactly, but it is.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Agreed, but at least I could pass it off as typical sub-par shonen tripe until that point. The lion's share of my disgust for the series comes from the resolution of that arc (Gaara's magical temporary insanity and "The Bull**** Empathy Headbutt") and its aftermath, the Sasuke Rescue arc thing (Sasuke's butthurt vs. Naruto's goddamn warped attempt at empathy).

Everything else that's transpired in the series has been icing on the **** cake.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, after the second Naruto vs Sasuke fight i was like
"Lemme get this straight, you're fighting to kill each other because you're friends!?"
I now only watch Naruto for the fight scenes now, I can care less about the story. Rock Lee fights are usually hype, but others are complete WTFs. I feel like I'm watching Bleach sometimes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess it goes without saying, but not always what's popular has quality.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I also find the creator of Naruto somewhat sexist. How often do we see the girls kick butt? Not often.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm pretty familiar with it especially when one watches Dragon Ball (Z).

But the way how it is implemented in Naruto, Sasuke is constantly refusing to be defeated.
One could argue Sasuke was trying to obtain a way to defeat his brother, but even when Itatchi was out of the picture he was still refusing to be defeated. As Frost mention the trope kind of affects the story negatively more than it does positively... to me at least.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So apparently dat dare Kirbeh is even more broken than before, and Zelda "got nerfed horribly"

wut
I'm not even going to watch it.
I've learned to not watch GameXplain's opinion videos because I seem to always heavily disagree with them.
They're good at actually "Xplaining" games, I relied on them for keeping up with Mario Kart 8, but I do not like it when they give opinions instead of just reporting things.
Basically, if it's unscripted, I assume I won't like it.

See, my theory was it was either because it has ninjas, 12 year olds, or yaoi fans.
I read it for the non-main-characters
For me, all the main characters and everything having to do with them is uninteresting. Quite a few of the characters outside of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, however, actually experience developments that I find interesting. Not all of them, mind you, but enough to keep me invested. It's just that, outside of select moments, they don't get any focus. There's just so many side-characters that there ends up being a lot of time being dedicated them collectively, which I like.
Unfortunately, all the side-characters I like are either dead or play no significance anymore. Now I'm just reading it for closure and to have something to talk about with friends.
I'm sick of the twists, I'm sick of the characters, I just want it to end.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well it's good to hear more great things about Rosalina and the Reset bomb forest stage. <3
I'm not even going to watch it.
I've learned to not watch GameXplain's opinion videos because I seem to always heavily disagree with them.
They're good at actually "Xplaining" games, I relied on them for keeping up with Mario Kart 8, but I do not like it when they give opinions instead of just reporting things.
I can pretty much understand this and I also disagree with them a bunch.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I also find it hilarious how Sasuke thinks he's honoring his brother's sacrifice...

Just imagine Itachi being in the bottom image.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why did you Falco with that abomination? Why?
Idk. Will I get infracted/banned for having this pic? I'll take it down if deemed inappropriate. It started as something I thought was funny. But the more I drew the more I thought.... "Ok its a baby in the draw-me-like-one-of-your-french-girls pose..." I had invested too much into it to stop at that point but I felt so guilty... only because its like.... idk... I'm sure I'd get an admin from Miiverse to delete it if I left it up there. ( I mostly did it to annoy Vetigo :smirk:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom