• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, what username do you go by on other websites?
Something close to my real name because the other sites I use are social sites like Facebook or Twitter...My Youtube and MyAnimeList accounts basically use a nickname and random numbers, so I'm sure people can figure out my real name pretty quickly. XP

Edit: Otherwise, I haven't joined any other forum...except some other dead forums from years ago where I have an even more embarrassing name.

Edit 2: Maybe I should use Psyduck's French name, "Psykokwak"!

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
To this day, I still can't come up with a good name if I had the opportunity to change it...
I was lucky, I was given my current name (it was a name used by my grandfather). There legitimately isn't a person left alive who knows my old monicker. And no one else never ever will. It was horrible.

It really is kinda simple (Maybe not on smashboards). I have his mobile number too (somewhere, I'm sure)

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I was lucky, I was given my current name (it was a name used by my grandfather). There legitimately isn't a person left alive who knows my old monicker. And no one else never ever will. It was horrible.
For some reason, I thought you were a girl. =3=

Unless you are a girl, with an awesome grandpa name. Like Thompson. That would be a sexy female protagonist name.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For some reason, I thought you were a girl. =3=

Unless you are a girl, with an awesome grandpa name. Like Thompson. That would be a sexy female protagonist name.
I'm not going to let you off unless you tell me those reasons~
It may sound more masculine if you pronounce it differently ;) Try 'Shy-ah'

Alternatively, would telling you my first name is Jean help you correctly identify me? :D

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Alternatively, would telling you my first name is Jean help you correctly identify me? :D
Jean could either be male or female...also has different pronunciations.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

I guess just because you have a girly avatar. And a girly username. And I guess you seem kind of girly. But not in a girly way, more like a regal way. Like you're gazing down upon some kind of twisted Smashboards Kingdom. Queendom. I don't know, I'm sorry! XD

So was Jean your grandpa's name?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Shaya can be either male or female as well. The male one is Persian or Arabic in origin and female is Hebrew or Farsi in origin...or all these baby name sites have it confused.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What exactly does forum queen mean? was it like a forum awards sort of thing.

I remember when smashboards had those and then results never happen (this forum is too big for it, you end up getting too many nominations and it's no fun...I wonder if like, Smash 4 boards had one though)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So different sites give different origins to Shaya like Persian, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, etc. I may or may not name a future child Shaya because I think it's a cool name.

Khoru

Smash Champion
So different sites give different origins to Shaya like Persian, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, etc. I may or may not name a future child Shaya because I think it's a cool name.
"daddy, where did my name come from?"
"well, y'see, there was once this forum called smashboards..."

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I know a topic we can talk about.
If you were to get kids in the future how would you call them?
I would call them larvae or seedling...just kidding.

I have too many ideas right now. I'll probably edit the post as I think of them.

In high school, I thought I would give my future boys names like Lucas or Ryan, and I would name my daughters Kimberly or Michelle. Lucas and Ryan because of High School Musical and because there were schoolmates with those names I thought were cool. Kimberly came from Kim Possible, and I just thought I liked the name Michelle...the last thing might have also been why I had crushes on a few girls with that name...

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. I guess just because you have a girly avatar.
2. And a girly username.
3+ And I guess you seem kind of girly. But not in a girly way, more like a regal way. Like you're gazing down upon some kind of twisted Smashboards Kingdom. Queendom. I don't know, I'm sorry! XD

X. So was Jean your grandpa's name?
1324901435566.png

(The dream)

2. At a point I stopped caring about how people assumed its pronunciation. I don't personally find the way I pronounce it (Shy-ah or Shy-yah) as really anything distinctive. Shay (like stay)-ah definitely does sound quite girly. It took me up until the days of the smash community to hear the abomination that was the alternative :[

3. !_!. A mixture of being a fan of blunt weapons and how I talk to strangers (online), I guess :{ That and many many shades of sarcasm. Always sarcasm.

X. No it wasn't~ My uhh.. western name is not the same as my grandfathers.

Shaya can be either male or female as well. The male one is Persian or Arabic in origin and female is Hebrew or Farsi in origin...or all these baby name sites have it confused.
I take it from Hebrew. The name itself is a derivative. Shay for example means Gift and is a common name for Boys (but not unheard of for Girls), but isn't the root for 'my' Shaya.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
2. At a point I stopped caring about how people assumed its pronunciation. I don't personally find the way I pronounce it (Shy-ah or Shy-yah) as really anything distinctive. Shay (like stay)-ah definitely does sound quite girly. It took me up until the days of the smash community to hear the abomination that was the alternative :[

I take it from Hebrew. The name itself is a derivative. Shay for example means Gift and is a common name for Boys (but not unheard of for Girls), but isn't the root for 'my' Shaya.
I always read it as "Shy-ah"...does that make me different?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yes, there were forum awards. I got best new member one year, and then the next year I got most memorable and queen of the forums. And then I got banned, LOL.
I bet everything between memorable/queen and getting banned makes for a good story, like jeez

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Least favourite anime:
Guilty Crown comes to mind. I don't believe how long I lasted through that ****. God what you sometimes do for good music. I legitimately cannot watch any shows with the same VA of the MC, it incurs aural horror sequences, and I've refused watching from what I gather 2+ pretty alright shows because of this. Legitimately the biggest joke of an anime ever to brace this Earth. I also cannot ever say "shoe" with a straight face. It's a curse.

Unless you mean which is the lowest on the list of my favourite anime, in which case...
IMPOSSIBRU.
Probably Mawaru Penguindrum. Was so good, greatest music BUT THEN HALF WAY THROUGH (or so) went somewhere completely weird, was a trippy emo rollercoaster.

safe.jpg

This was incredibly accurate going by memory, so post 16 was less amazing.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I'm trying to teach myself how to use Sony Vegas. For a little practice project I made something I've had in my head for a long while.

Hooray for fairly successful first use of a program! Thankfully I already know how to use Photoshop.
...I swear I've seen that account somewhere before.

I would assume that puts you as reading a few more books throughout your life than the average. Specifically texts which source Indo-Aryan or Semitic languages.
Wait, so it's not "Shay-ah"?
Well crud, I've been saying it wrong this entire time.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Least favourite anime:
Guilty Crown comes to mind. I don't believe how long I lasted through that ****. God what you sometimes do for good music. I legitimately cannot watch any shows with the same VA of the MC, it incurs aural horror sequences, and I've refused watching from what I gather 2+ pretty alright shows because of this. Legitimately the biggest joke of an anime ever to brace this Earth. I also cannot ever say "shoe" with a straight face. It's a curse.

Unless you mean which is the lowest on the list of my favourite anime, in which case...
IMPOSSIBRU.
Probably Mawaru Penguindrum. Was so good, greatest music BUT THEN HALF WAY THROUGH (or so) went somewhere completely weird, was a trippy emo rollercoaster.

View attachment 16815
This was incredibly accurate going by memory, so post 16 was less amazing.

I've never heard of either of those. I guess I know to stay away from at least guilty crown. My least favorite (not that you're asking) is High School of the Dead. So much fanservice.... it really killed it for me. It would've been alright if it weren't for all that nonsense going on.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You don't tend to think about Highschool of the Dead for the plot, that's for sure.

They're the type of shows you're not meant to talk about. They're those "secret shows" that you huddle around in dark corners to whisper about with people from time to time ("you know what's the ****tiest good show to watch this season?" "Yeah I know what you're going to say" "yeah" "yeah" "yeah" "yeah, why do we watch this ****?" "yeah"), or online usually in plain sight but without any names dropped. I couldn't help but feel sorry for that one person who had a HSotD signature rocking for a long time.

Fortunately I have a good secret anime buddy.
Unfortunately anime whose names should not be mentioned which aren't worth talking about other than mutual acknowledgement between other secret kinsmen are getting a lot worse lately. You need to have good OPs/EDs at the very least.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, short from feeling remorse for spamming too much anime, next season looks kinda notorious for having way too many shows I'm going to at least be looking at.

Monogatari, SAO (SOMETIMES I WATCH HORRENDOUS SHOUNEN, I'M SORRY, I DON'T PRETEND ITS GOOD), Sailor Moon, Psycho Pass, Persona 4.

Psycho PASS!?
PSYCHO PASS!

1325746503003.jpg

I can respect the Butcher's endings as they're made to butcher. Takes away all the stress.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My least favorite of all anime I watched is Sword Art Online.

My favorite so far is FMA Brotherhood, with Death Note in second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom