• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stopped watching anime a while ago

I wish more anime's actually had 3 act stories, or at least felt like they had a more connected story

They don't feel like they have a set idea where they are going

I still watch Digimon because I find it hilarious a children's show has characters with psychological problems and existential crisis'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
YOU ARE SO LUCKY.
You mean there's worse than SAO? I won't question that...

Seriously, I don't know what makes it popular, because it's pretty mediocre and had a lot of wasted potential.

Frankly, the reason I even watched that series was to see what was all the fuss about. The premise of being stuck in a virtual reality game where death in-game meant death in real life was interesting, but the story never really explored it past the first few episodes.

This is, of course, one of the (many) flaws of the series. It was quite disappointing.

Good morning~
Hi!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean there's worse than SAO? I won't question that...

Seriously, I don't know what makes it popular, because it's pretty mediocre and had a lot of wasted potential.

Frankly, the reason I even watched that series was to see what was all the fuss about. The premise of being stuck in a virtual reality game where death in-game meant death in real life was interesting, but the story never really explored it past the first few episodes.

This is, of course, one of the (many) flaws of the series. It was quite disappointing.

Hi!
So, what is it like .hack//sign or something but with perma death?

Also, if they are trapped there, and there is perma death, what separates it from just being a regular fantasy story without the game thing?

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
the only anime i've even seen are evangelion, madoka, fma brotherhood, panty and stocking, gurren lagann, and kill la kill
disgusting entry-tier weeb

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My least favorite of all anime I watched is Sword Art Online.

My favorite so far is FMA Brotherhood, with Death Note in second.
I liked SAO.... the first half... then they went all weird with the second half. Its one of those shows that people like at first and then after a little realize it's just meh. I'm still watching the second season lol. Hopefully it can redeem itself. But it kinda doesn't look that way so far.

the only anime i've even seen are evangelion, madoka, fma brotherhood, panty and stocking, gurren lagann, and kill la kill
I don't get the whole entry level thing. I just watch whatever looks interesting. The first one I watched was Birdy the Mighty Decode. Then Angel Beats a year or so after that. Stinkin' ANGEL BEATS!! too much goodness (but apparently there are some major problems people have with it that I try to ignore don't get). Now I watch anime a lot. I don't think Madoka would be considered entry level though.

All Key Anime > anything else. (exaggeration)

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm still an old-school anime fan. Dragon Ball (and it's sequels), Dirty Pair, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Digimon, Unico, basically if it came from the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s, I'm interested. I liked some from the early 2000s, mainly Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (that was TOO funny), but right around the mid-2000s anime in and of itself started to feel like the product of focus-testing and I left the whole scene. I had a ton of friends convince me to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix... I was SERIOUSLY disappointed, since it was played up to be so good and it turned out to be something I only watched because my friends wanted me to while I was sitting there waiting for it to be over.
To me Attack on Titan was basically the "trying too hard to be a dark epic" version of Ultraman but with no fun doofy theme song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rClDI3yWG94 to go with him. The whole thing just tried too hard, amongst a good few other problems I have with it.

Eh... anime isn't my thing these days.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In my early days in college I was reading the manga for Samurai Deeper Kyo but I never finished it

I decided to watch the anime to it, and the anime was so bad I just lost interest in the manga.

The anime had NOTHING to do with the manga at all, it was horrible

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I try to keep away from anime over around 50 episodes. I love you One Piece but 100000000 episodes..... no thanks.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I try to keep away from anime over around 50 episodes. I love you One Piece but 100000000 episodes..... no thanks.
Your like me i don't watch shows with that many episodes but i have a mate who always tells me to watch all this anime with way too many episodes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watched the battletoads cartoon because it only has 1 episode

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
...I swear I've seen that account somewhere before.
Hmm? You mean you've seen my YouTube account before? I would be surprised.
I did Mario Kart Wii videos back in the day that got some amount views. And I do videos with a guy named Yoshiller2 who gets a respectable amount of views.
Though I guess it wouldn't be the first time. I do remember that one time in the Brawl Online subforum somebody linked to one of my Brawl videos. That video in particular has a fair amount of views, so it could've been that as well.

Or perhaps you're crazy. :troll:

Not as disgusting as me.
List of anime I've watched in my lifetime:
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Haruhi Suzumiya, my friend had me watch through High School Boys, a single episode of Kill la Kill from that same friend, Naruto (Which I don't even watch anymore because I find the manga much more tolerable as of about a year or two ago), some random episodes of Bleach from having it on Adult Swim while trying to fall asleep, and some of the 4Kids dubs from when I was younger.
I read more than I watch, to be honest. I read Death Note, but I never watched it, for example.
I also watch various Abridged Series. :awesome:

I've always been afraid to really...umm, "embrace," for lack of a better word, anime for fear of being labeled as something I'm not. I don't mean that to be offensive, mind you. I have quite a few friends who do watch and "embrace" anime/manga regularly and I love 'em. I have this strange fear of getting really invested in any kind of media, be it book, live action, animation, or even some video games. I've speculated it's because I fear people thinking I'm really crazy for the book, show, animation, or whatever (in other words, a fanboy) when in reality I'm just interested and invested enough to watch/read/play through whatever it is. I'm not sure though...
It is really stupid.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I gave up on Naruto a while ago because of the sheer number of episodes/volumes I had yet to cover. Occasionally, when I'm curious to see how the series is going, I'll look on Narutopedia. I know that probably isn't very reliable, but eh, oh well.

Here's a mine rant I have as to how the Naruto series is going so far:

Seriously? Naruto and Sasuke get god like powers on top of the ones they already have? Naruto convinces Obito on the error of his ways? Laaaame. What is this, My little pony? There's only so much freaking influence one guy can have! Naruto has become a Mary Sue. Ugh.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Where have you been? Naruto's been awful since after the Chuunin Exams. The only reason I'm following it now is because I plan on writing a huuuuuuuuge rant on it. Kinda like a thesis, but satirical.

Smooth Criminal

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Mercedes got me thinking.
Who will looked the most pimped out riding it?

My guess is Toad. If not,the fabulous Waluigi.
But it will still probably be Toad,from how I see it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wario obviously. He's practically born to ride it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Roy.

Pass people, drop your shades, make a "Tch" sound, and zoom off.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

So apparently dat dare Kirbeh is even more broken than before, and Zelda "got nerfed horribly"

wut

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hmm? You mean you've seen my YouTube account before? I would be surprised.
I did Mario Kart Wii videos back in the day that got some amount views. And I do videos with a guy named Yoshiller2 who gets a respectable amount of views.
Though I guess it wouldn't be the first time. I do remember that one time in the Brawl Online subforum somebody linked to one of my Brawl videos. That video in particular has a fair amount of views, so it could've been that as well.

Or perhaps you're crazy. :troll:
I think it was with the Yoshiller fellow. I believe I had some Youtube account a couple years ago (which I'm not too proud of. Let's just say when you're around middle school age you tend to make stupid posts) that was subscribed to him. And I branched out.
That, and I tend to surf the internet, a lot. Especially during my younger days. Heck, I knew about Jigglymaster far long before I came here because of it.

...Or I'm going insane. Wouldn't be the first time (Miiverse does these, "things", to your mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom