• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Gameplay wise Other M was fine.. I just couldn't get past the ruining of Samus' character.
I never understood why people say that. Can you elaborate? Is it just because she monologues the whole time?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I never understood why people say that. Can you elaborate? Is it just because she monologues the whole time?
For me, it felt bad because not only was it constant monologue, but it was, to be blunt, ham-fisted and force fed story. It just felt off and unlike Metroid. Gameplay though, totally rad. Ninja Gaiden + Metroid worked gameplay wise, but not story wise.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For me, it felt bad because not only was it constant monologue, but it was, to be blunt, ham-fisted and force fed story. It just felt off and unlike Metroid. Gameplay though, totally rad. Ninja Gaiden + Metroid worked gameplay wise, but not story wise.
Don't forget the baby. Cause the game won't, and it makes sure of that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just saw this at the game store! There was also a poster of the Mega Man artwork but my phone died.

HYPE!!!!!!!!
That's really hype! I take it those are pre-orders for the 3DS game.

A 20 day wait will look like nothing compared to the almost 6 month wait I had to endure since Brawl released in Japan. Not a worldwide release, sure, but good enough for me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, you're the lucky one. While we'll be waiting you'll be laughing at our tears with Smash in your hands...
Bwahaha. However, the next day I'll be on a plan for the States for my wedding so I actually won't have much time to really get into the game except on the plane.

That's really hype! I take it those are pre-orders for the 3DS game.

A 20 day wait will look like nothing compared to the almost 6 month wait I had to endure since Brawl released in Japan. Not a worldwide release, sure, but good enough for me.
Yeah, I'll be reserving my copy tomorrow. I asked though and they will have some monitors of gameplay footage next month.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Bwahaha. However, the next day I'll be on a plan for the States for my wedding so I actually won't have much time to really get into the game except on the plane.

Yeah, I'll be reserving my copy tomorrow. I asked though and they will have some monitors of gameplay footage next month.
Congrats on the wedding!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I guess I like the story so much because I didn't mind all the monologues and exposition. I thought the cut scenes were cool and I didn't find them bothersome like most people. I guess I have a knack for liking "bad" stories. (because apparently Angel Beats is bad too :()

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
My predictions if Capcom splits:
Devil May Cry- Sony Exclusive
Megaman- Nintendo Exclusive
Resident Evil- Owned by Sony but to big to be an exclusive
Microsoft buys Dead Rising
Sony or Nintendo grabs Street Fighter it can go either way
Nintendo grabs Phoenix Wright as exclusive
Dino Crisis is swiped by a lesser company
Viewtiful Joe and Okami hopefully are bought by Nintendo but I see Sony picking up Okami
Lost Planet falls to some lesser company and I'm not sure about Marvel IPs so that's all I could think of for now
That won't happen. I'm pretty sure Capcom said they were only selling to Japanese-based companies.

And Sony is kinda not doing the best right now in terms of money to burn, so I'm not sure they'll go for anything unless they think it can help revenue, and even then...

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I guess I like the story so much because I didn't mind all the monologues and exposition. I thought the cut scenes were cool and I didn't find them bothersome like most people. I guess I have a knack for liking "bad" stories. (because apparently Angel Beats is bad too :()

It's Metroid Other M that made me care about Samus and made me want to play the games. Previously Samus just came off to me as "Look, I'm hot and I kill stuff, beat the game fast enough and I strip too."

Other M showed me that despite my individual perception, underneath the armor there is a woman. A character with strengths, weaknesses, and very human problems. She's a bit socially detached hence her monotonous speech patterns, but despite all of this she still pulls through and toasts Ridley and Mother Brain and Nightmare and what have you. Samus is a character, not an object.

Cap'n... It's you and me vs the world.

First post via mobile. Let's hope this works without double posting or whatever

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Just saw this at the game store! There was also a poster of the Mega Man artwork but my phone died.

HYPE!!!!!!!!
sickkkkkkk

I might regret it but I got a Japanese 3DS just for getting Smash 3 weeks early, I definitely plan on taking off release day (which will be 11AM my time), downloading and just enjoying the **** out of it.
there are probably enough weeb games to justify it

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's Metroid Other M that made me care about Samus and made me want to play the games. Previously Samus just came off to me as "Look, I'm hot and I kill stuff, beat the game fast enough and I strip too."

Other M showed me that despite my individual perception, underneath the armor there is a woman. A character with strengths, weaknesses, and very human problems. She's a bit socially detached hence her monotonous speech patterns, but despite all of this she still pulls through and toasts Ridley and Mother Brain and Nightmare and what have you. Samus is a character, not an object.

Cap'n... It's you and me vs the world.

First post via mobile. Let's hope this works without double posting or whatever
I didn't care about Samus until I played Other M either. Samus is my 3rd best in Melee now because I started playing as her after I beat Other M. I also taught myself how to play the piano because I wanted to learn this song

Now I've been playing the piano for 3 years.... lol I'm a nerd. My life would be different if people actually liked that game. I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't on a clearance sale for like 12 bucks. Weird...

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So I'm trying to teach myself how to use Sony Vegas. For a little practice project I made something I've had in my head for a long while.

Hooray for fairly successful first use of a program! Thankfully I already know how to use Photoshop.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of those "Idiots on facebook" thing

Someone asked, "How come woman never have to take the DNA test to see if the baby is theirs?"

LOL

Khoru

Smash Champion
One of those "Idiots on facebook" thing

Someone asked, "How come woman never have to take the DNA test to see if the baby is theirs?"

LOL
incidentally, there have been cases of a baby being incorrectly shown to be "not the mother's"
the cause being chimerism

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
...And judging from how things have been, I don't think I can post anything but this "spam", or whatever people are calling it nowadays.
In all fairness, I rarely see you post, save for this and Forum Games.

And I don't mean "spam" per se. Just that you post a lot about nothing, making it difficult for me to see any alleged "good" posts.

Regardless, I'm dropping it per request.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I used to love forum games back on all the previous forums.

Are there any real good ones on this forum?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I actually been to the nintenzone section before. I only talked about Pokemon X and Y on there but still...
I bet none of you smash 4 newgens have even looked at regional zones.
oh dear.

That's where the real fun, problems, drama, life altering events and more drama actually take place.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I wouldn't dare insult primitive monkeys like that.

That said, I already stated I'm not giving you special treatment. Give me a reason to care, and I will.

Keep posting spam for the sake of it like the rest of this thread, and I'll continue viewing you in the same light.
Great now I am curious as to what light you view my posts lol.

Maybe I am a masochist, I seem to want to put myself through torture. I'm really not though lol.

Well seeing as you have almost half my post count yet you've barely been on this site for more than week.
YOU TELL ME WHAT SPAM IS.

And yes, exaggeration on the week.
And what do my almost 5k posts say about me and spam? :p

I bet none of you smash 4 newgens have even looked at regional zones.
oh dear.

That's where the real fun, problems, drama, life altering events and more drama actually take place.
Hey hey hey! I have to been to my regional zone area thread(s)!

That's the reason I joined SB in the first place, to try and get into competitive Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom