• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
If Nintendo bought Capcom, Zero requests will go through the roof.
Which would be awesome.

I wouldn't ever expect Ryu, Jill, or Frank in Smash, though. Mega Man as a series represents Capcom's relationship with Nintendo with gusto.
I'd maybe see one other series but MM is Capcom games on Nintendo incarnate.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Nintendo bought Capcom, Zero requests will go through the roof.
Which would be awesome.

I wouldn't ever expect Ryu, Jill, or Frank in Smash, though. Mega Man as a series represents Capcom's relationship with Nintendo with gusto.
Why not? They'd be first party so it'd be possible for them to be in.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've heard the rumors of Capcom being split up/sold but if Nintendo doesn't screw this up like they did Atlus, think of the possibilities...
But then again if Microsoft ends up with some Capcom IPs I could see Rare happening all over again

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Something about those others just irks me. I just really can't imagine Ryu or others because Capcom has had non-MM games mostly off Nintendo consoles for a while now.

Maybe at a future date. I just don't want oversaturation. (I 'd personally want Capcom to remain independant...)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've heard the rumors of Capcom being split up/sold but if Nintendo doesn't screw this up like they did Atlus, think of the possibilities...
But then again if Microsoft ends up with some Capcom IPs I could see Rare happening all over again
Pretty sure only Japanese companies have the option to buy Capcom.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think the reason why they didn't actually try with ATLUS is simple. ATLUS is pretty much worthless compared to other companies like Capcom. (Sad but true. I really wish it wasn't though)

Something about those others just irks me. I just really can't imagine Ryu or others because Capcom has had non-MM games mostly off Nintendo consoles for a while now.

Maybe at a future date. I just don't want oversaturation. (I 'd personally want Capcom to remain independant...)
I could see Viewtiful Joe in Smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That alone won't matter, it's more focusing on a franchise having importance to Nintendo
You don't actually know this. It's Nintendo's choice if they acquire Capcom to put as much or as little of Capcom in Smash. I could still see atleast a Resident Evil and Street Fighter stage in a future smash.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think the reason why they didn't actually try with ATLUS is simple. ATLUS is pretty much worthless compared to other companies like Capcom. (Sad but true. I really wish it wasn't though)

I could see Viewtiful Joe in Smash.
Most, keyword. Viewtiful Joe started on GCN. He'd be rad as a character.
(Still, I love SF but something about Ryu in Smash bugs me... It just wouldn't feel right.)
As for others, I can see Tron Bonne and or Zero in the next Smash or DLC is Cap is bought by Nintendo.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
There would be so much rage over a Street Fighter or Resdent Evil game on the WiiU but it would boost sales, oh and Ninty can revive Breath of Fire!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
(Still, I love SF but something about Ryu in Smash bugs me... It just wouldn't feel right.)
As for others, I can see Tron Bonne and or Zero in the next Smash or DLC is Cap is bought by Nintendo.
Tron would be amazing and Zero would get the X fans that don't respect Classic Mega Man to shut up.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It wouldn't have to be Ryu. It could be Chun Li. :p

There would be so much rage over a Street Fighter or Resdent Evil game on the WiiU but it would boost sales, oh and Ninty can revive Breath of Fire!
It'd be great to see all the salt.

-mod note, please don't double post-

Last edited by a moderator:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I expect a third party buy Capcom. And it seems that third party is the same one that bought From Software recently is the only one with a shot. (Kadokawa)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ryu is already in Smash. He's called Mario.

I'd be so crazy down with Capcom making a traditional 2D style Nintendo vs. Capcom fighting game. Even though I didn't like Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom