• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You will. You've already changed avatar. The boss fights are pretty epic. Though be warned, some of the later button mashing segments get ridiculous.
i'm on mission 2 and am already stuck. I get to the part where you gotta save the people by a flipped bus, I save them and then there's like some kinda crank I need... but i can't find it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Eh Egoraptor is alright but, I definently don't like Danny, You can't replace JonTron
Punch-Out LP's are the only times where Arin hasn't really pissed me off since Jon left.

He keeps coming off as a guy who thinks that all games should be just like his favorite/perfect game. That's what really bothers me. I also ended up losing some respect for Arin when i noticed that he was IN a game that was being kickstarted and he didn't do anything to promote it. (voicing a character) A game where he's a stretch goal. (Which could've been reached in a day with gamegrumps fan support)

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't understand watching let's play videos. Economically speaking, they make little sense as you could be doing something worth "more money" with your time (playing a game included).

Plus, there is that serious point of why are you watching someone else play a game when you could be playing one?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I started Wonderful 101.. I don't know if I like the game yet or not.
Its such a good game. I started it a month ago. You kinda hate it at first. The controls and camera suck when you first get started but you get used to it. Like the first time you play you feel like a N00B then after like 2 hours you're a master. I just beat it a week or two ago. Its sooooo goood. Its really underrated.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't understand watching let's play videos. Economically speaking, they make little sense as you could be doing something worth "more money" with your time (playing a game included).

Plus, there is that serious point of why are you watching someone else play a game when you could be playing one?
I watch them for the commentators or for games i'm never playing or have already played. I enjoy hearing reactions from people.

I watch TBFP for the commentary.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I'll watch LPs if they have commentary and is funny.

I'll also watch LPs to see about a game I am unsure about, even if it doesn't have commentary, and see if I would like it or not.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I watch let's plays of DmC Devil May Cry and Other M to see them degrade into nothing but hate and anger. :laugh:

Two birds with one stone. Commentary and games i'll never touch.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone here watch SSoHPKC or Vash12349?
Yeah. I watch a lot of SSoH's stuff. His sarcasm fits my style of humor.

Which is funny since I also watch Chuggaaconroy. Though more so since he's pretty damn informative.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Game Grumps was good. It started to go downhill after Jon left... It was good for a bit but just around the time that they started WindWaker I lost interest. Before then I only watched the games that I recognized like Nintendo games. They were kinda boring to watch in the middle and then they do some random "funny" crap at the end of each episode when I lost interest. Then they started doing all this janky jank with Suzie and Barry in the show... It kinda lost its goodness after a while. Meanwhile Jontrons have been excellent. Though I'd like to see Jon do a review of something that isn't bad... Its so easy to make a funny review of a bad game. Just complain about the smallest things and you get 1,000,000 views.
Does anyone here watch SSoHPKC or Vash12349?
I watch Seamus when he plays Mario games I don't have yet but rarely. Or I'll watch him when he has uploaded more of the walking dead than James :p.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I watch Seamus from time to time. Not big on the Creatures anymore though.
Seamus is the only one I can stand, I used to watch Nova but he gotta really annoying.

Yeah. I watch a lot of SSoH's stuff. His sarcasm fits my style of humor.

Which is funny since I also watch Chuggaaconroy. Though more so since he's pretty damn informative.
I watch Chugga too but sometimes he get's annoying to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Seamus is the only one I can stand, I used to watch Nova but he gotta really annoying.
I started watching Nova when he did his rage lets plays. I thought they were funny. I don't remember what else I watched from him. Nonsensical Just Cause was probably my favorite series ever. It was sooo funny. I really only watch the creatures for their Walking Dead lets plays since I don't feel like buying the game lol.

...come on Mango....

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Its such a good game. I started it a month ago. You kinda hate it at first. The controls and camera suck when you first get started but you get used to it. Like the first time you play you feel like a N00B then after like 2 hours you're a master. I just beat it a week or two ago. Its sooooo goood. Its really underrated.
I loved it from the beginning

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I loved it from the beginning
When I started I didn't really like it. I heard it was good and I got it new for 12 bucks. It was more the character designs that were keeping me from liking it. And Red's voice (at first). I really don't like the big head tiny body thing. It takes a bit to get used to also. I started liking it the more I played it. I took a break for a while and when I came back I played it regularly until I beat it. My favorite it Blue and Pink. If I ever get pranked on here I'm changing my avi to Vijjonne and putting a quote from her in my sig along with some gifs of her.

Morbi

Scavenger
How about Epic Rap Battles of History? Who watches those?
I used to; however, I started to not enjoy them, the writing was less elaborate, they began to resort to more obscenity and most importantly: they became redundant. Master Chief vs. Leonidas was the last one that I actually liked.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I used to; however, I started to not enjoy them, the writing was less elaborate, they began to resort to more obscenity and most importantly: they became redundant. Master Chief vs. Leonidas was the last one that I actually liked.
Fair enough. From what I heard the season 3 finale is gonna be dumb.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My biggest disappointment with Game Grumps is that they never finished Sonic '06.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My biggest disappointment with Game Grumps is that they never finished Sonic '06.
Don't remind me.

When that LP just flat out stopped, I basically screamed "WHAT IS THIS!?".

Then again, that is a recurring problem I have with Game Grumps. But that was probably the most painful due to it being a gold mine.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Best moment of Game Grumps was Sonic 06 Part 20, amirite?
I don't even need to watch the video to know what part you're talking about. "I'M DONE!!!!" "I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!!!!!"
Literally da best.

Also "its no use" episode. And the "its no use" Arin's revenge. Good times. If I'd rather them not start it up again if its not just Jon and Arin.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Epic Rap Battles is amazing. Getting the references makes it even better.

The Hitler vs. Darth Vader trilogy was great. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Epic Rap Battles is amazing. Getting the references makes it even better.

The Hitler vs. Darth Vader trilogy was great. :p
I honestly felt like there was only enough (good) material for the initial rap battle. I am obviously in the minority though, there is a reason that they made a trilogy.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My biggest problem with Game Grumps was how Arin and Jon (i think this issue still goes on with Dan also) would refuse to use things that would help them learn to play. Stuff that wouldn't really ruin the episode either.

Another problem i have is how Arin would say disgusting things like "all ATLUS games except for Persona 4 and Snowboard Kids are boring." or say that tutorials are bad game design when they were done pretty decently in things like Glover. (Glover needed them anyway. I love it to death but it really did need those tutorials)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom