• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's another question, what's the worst story in a game you ever played?
Well, "worst" can go a couple ways, and since were referring to game I've played, I'm not sure (I've mostly played games with quality. I plan on changing that though).

Game stories in general however I can make a list.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is bothering you that much then what I did was WAY over the line and I seriously apologize. I wasn't joking about the infraction, I'd deserve it. I'll also be the first to say let's stop then since you are a really nice guy and don't deserve to be bugged like that.
As punishment, I'm going to pose as you and hang out on the opposite side of the town where you live.

It's called Impersonal Impersonation.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As punishment, I'm going to pose as you and hang out on the opposite side of the town where you live.

It's called Impersonal Impersonation.
Actually, in my home town there is a guy who does look exactly like me. I would stay home all day and people would call me up saying "hey I saw you at Wallmart! why didn't you say hi!" and crap like that all the time. It was really odd. Never managed to meet the guy either.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, in my home town there is a guy who does look exactly like me. I would stay home all day and people would call me up saying "hey I saw you at Wallmart! why didn't you say hi!" and crap like that all the time. It was really odd. Never managed to meet the guy either.
Maybe he's your evil alternate universe counterpart trapped in our dimension.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, "worst" can go a couple ways, and since were referring to game I've played, I'm not sure (I've mostly played games with quality. I plan on changing that though).

Game stories in general however I can make a list.
Yeah, most games either have simple stories, which is fine. But sometimes they try to go for something deeper and it doesn't always work out for the best. Not to say games can't have good stories though, let alone great ones. But mentioning the bad ones offers more discussion, or at least, funnier discussion.

Maybe he's your long lost twin. The forgotten Sppac. Or even some clone. You never know.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hmm, well I'm stumped there. I don't think I've ever played a game with a story that's truly awful. I mean, I've played a few games with stories that aren't all that impressive or anything, but I have yet to play a game that had a story so terrible that I'll never forget about it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, most games either have simple stories, which is fine. But sometimes they try to go for something deeper and it doesn't always work out for the best. Not to say games can't have good stories though, let alone great ones. But mentioning the bad ones offers more discussion, or at least, funnier discussion.
Well, if you want one of those. I'd say Sonic '06. It's a Sonic story that tries to be a Final Fantasy story that ends up a crappy story.

Maybe he's your long lost twin. The forgotten Sppac. Or even some clone. You never know.
It's Sppac, my completely original fan character (do not steal).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Maybe he's your evil alternate universe counterpart trapped in our dimension.
I hope so, maybe I could make my story into a jillion dollar movie!

Science tells us that every single person is likely to have an exact lookalike in the world. I just managed to live in the same town as mine.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Yeah, I'm out of the loop too.

Here's another question, what's the worst story in a game you ever played?
I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but Kingdom Hearts in general. It's "plot twist, the franchise", IMO. I don't hate the game itself though, the combat mechanics are cool.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Hmm, well I'm stumped there. I don't think I've ever played a game with a story that's truly awful. I mean, I've played a few games with stories that aren't all that impressive or anything, but I have yet to play a game that had a story so terrible that I'll never forget about it.
And that game would be Super Mario Galaxy 2. No, seriously it either doesn't make any sense or comes across attempt to overwrite the first game.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Fine.

I'll impersonate the both of you and position myself so that there's an equilateral triangle between us.

Or maybe I'll impersonate your babbeh. You'll never be sure who it is you'll be cradling...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm completely pissed off... Way to ****ing ruin my good mood, everyone. :glare:

What is wrong with you?
That shouldn't be hard to guess... >_>

And he's in my ignore list. I want nothing with him now after what happened on this thread.

There are lines you should never cross and sometimes they're found the hard way.

But of course, I'm not going to be venting my anger here.

The farther from that subject we get, the better.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just asking, what exactly did it do the "Bowser Kidnaps Peach" formula?
You got me there.

It's mostly the parts involving the baby Luma and the Starship that I found were decent, the baby Luma being lost and separated from his mother yet being able to help Mario significantly. Sure, it wasn't impressive, but I don't think it was absolutely terrible either.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm completely pissed off... Way to ****ing ruin my good mood, everyone. :glare:

And he's in my ignore list. I want nothing with him now after what happened on this thread.

There are lines you should never cross and sometimes they're found the hard way.

Well, worse case...
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-unhappy-thread.294030
Sometimes the best way is just getting it off your chest.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Do I even want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom