• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is it bad that an anime/movie/thing company is the only suitable company for Capcom right now as far as third parties go? lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still think Nintendo would make the most sense. They'd get more console sales because people would have to buy the wii U for the new Street Fighter games. :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Is it bad that an anime/movie/thing company is the only suitable company for Capcom right now as far as third parties go? lol
Now that I've read those forum posts it seems better for Capcom if it was split up and their IPs were sold to different companies, Nintendo getting Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Phoenix Wright for example.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Now that I've read those forum posts it seems better for Capcom if it was split up and their IPs were sold to different companies, Nintendo getting Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Phoenix Wright for example.
I'm feel sad knowing Breath of Fire might not survive that. (Along with other lesser know Capcpom IPs)

I still think Nintendo will go after Resident Evil if the IPs do get split up though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Double Post Warning Received
and Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Ghosts & Goblins.

I'm feel sad knowing Breath of Fire might not survive that. (Along with other lesser know Capcpom IPs)

I still think Nintendo will go after Resident Evil if the IPs do get split up though.
They'd totally go for Street Fighter too.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Erhm.... Capcom needs to hurry up and reach an agreement to be bought out because I want to see where their IPs go

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I call this. :troll:

Fine, I'll call dibs an Arthur.
Sure, he's not exactly obscure. But while everyone's flocking to the Street Fighters and the Mega Men maybe throw in some Aces in Attorneys I'll have the last laugh.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My predictions if Capcom splits:
Devil May Cry- Sony Exclusive
Megaman- Nintendo Exclusive
Resident Evil- Owned by Sony but to big to be an exclusive
Microsoft buys Dead Rising
Sony or Nintendo grabs Street Fighter it can go either way
Nintendo grabs Phoenix Wright as exclusive
Dino Crisis is swiped by a lesser company
Viewtiful Joe and Okami hopefully are bought by Nintendo but I see Sony picking up Okami
Lost Planet falls to some lesser company and I'm not sure about Marvel IPs so that's all I could think of for now

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, I'm not expecting "nice", but I would like it if you considered me a human being rather than some primitive monkey.
But, to each their own I guess.
I wouldn't dare insult primitive monkeys like that.

That said, I already stated I'm not giving you special treatment. Give me a reason to care, and I will.

Keep posting spam for the sake of it like the rest of this thread, and I'll continue viewing you in the same light.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't dare insult primitive monkeys like that.

That said, I already stated I'm not giving you special treatment. Give me a reason to care, and I will.

Keep posting spam for the sake of it like the rest of this thread, and I'll continue viewing you in the same light.
...And judging from how things have been, I don't think I can post anything but this "spam", or whatever people are calling it nowadays.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
...And judging from how things have been, I don't think I can post anything but this "spam", or whatever people are calling it nowadays.
Well seeing as you have almost half my post count yet you've barely been on this site for more than week.
YOU TELL ME WHAT SPAM IS.

And yes, exaggeration on the week.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well seeing as you have almost half my post count yet you've barely been on this site for more than week.
YOU TELL ME WHAT SPAM IS.

And yes, exaggeration on the week.
Well, I don't "spam" (though I have made a few posts of which I'm less than proud about), I just post a lot.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Post count really needs to be replaced with "average word count per post"
That would be a lot better.

And then I would no longer need to rely on Avatars to determine whether or not I should like a person or not.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ok. I beat Metroid Fusion. I got to say, I enjoyed playing it a lot more than Super Metroid. Since I am one of the few people that liked Other M's story the story of Fusion is really good. (That is an understatement for the amount that I enjoyed the story). With the gameplay I wasn't really ever stuck. Its a good game for those who hate the "openness" of Metroid games. The difficulty I'd say is enjoyably hard. It wasn't too easy most of the time. I never needed to look up stuff on the internet to try and beat the game. I never felt like I had to go around the whole area and bomb every wall I could find. Everything in that game was great. I loved the enemy system in it since its guaranteed that after each enemy you defeat you get health/missiles. Best Metroid game I've played. (after Other M :p) It took me 3 hours and 50 minutes to beat on the first run.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just saw this at the game store! There was also a poster of the Mega Man artwork but my phone died.

HYPE!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ok. I beat Metroid Fusion. I got to say, I enjoyed playing it a lot more than Super Metroid. Since I am one of the few people that liked Other M's story the story of Fusion is really good. (That is an understatement for the amount that I enjoyed the story). With the gameplay I wasn't really ever stuck. Its a good game for those who hate the "openness" of Metroid games. I never needed to look up stuff on the internet to try and beat the game. I never felt like I had to go around the whole area and bomb every wall I could find. Everything in that game was great. I loved the enemy system in it since its guaranteed that after each enemy you get health/missiles. Best Metroid game I've played. (after Other M :p)

You sir, are a clone of me in that regard. I also liked the story in Other M. And after playing Fusion on the Wii U, I like the parallels it has with Other M, Malkovich, Samus stating at the beginning that this mission is yet another where she'll be taking orders, etc.

I think I have to agree with Nate Bihldorff when it comes to the Other M criticisms. To quote Bihldorff:

"This is a touchy subject, to be sure. Bear in mind, we’re dealing with a beloved series that’s almost 25 years old, and since Metroid has traditionally been extremely light on exposition, fans have filled in a lot of the blanks with their own imaginations. Samus’ story—her voice, her motivations, everything about her—has largely been a matter of individual perception, especially in the US, where people haven’t read any of the official manga related to her childhood. Mr. Sakamoto is the only one who knows who she really is, and his vision for her and her voice was always going to be different than the character people had built in their heads.

I’ve seen the same comments you have, and while I understand where they come from, I definitely don’t agree with most of them. For me, Samus’s detached monologue speaks to the reticence of a wounded character, one scarred by the tragic events of her childhood. The glimpse of the pain and fear she carries—shown in the flashback scene when she sees Ridley—is not a sign of weakness, but of strength. People who call out that scene as anything but empowering are kind of missing the point, in my opinion—she does end up torching Ridley, after all. There is no courage without fear, in my mind, and knowing that Samus overcomes that repressed terror makes her all the more heroic than someone who plods forward without a hint of humanity.

I do think that Samus’s reliance on Adam’s commands is an important part of her canon as we see later in Metroid Fusion, Samus hates taking orders, and that problem with authority can be traced directly back to the events on the Bottle Ship in Metroid Other M. Obviously her relationship with Adam was complicated, and her confusion about his role in her life led her to put up with a command structure that she ordinarily would have scoffed at. Make no mistake, though—the events of Metroid Other M change her."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom