• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like to discuss this quote...

• "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."

What do you guys think about that?
I'd take it as Lucario was somehow difficult to implement in Brawl and Sakurai is thankful that his team's effort managed to have him included in the roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
it means lucario was lower priority in brawl, and almost didn't get in! (which means jiggs was closer to being cut than what we, if it's believed she was lower priority than lucario)
Yeah. That's what strikes me as funny...

Lucario was low priority in Brawl?

His data was in a normal spot wasn't it?

Perhaps, priority is much different than we though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

• "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."

I'd presume it was the general challenge of trying to expand the roster while at the same time trying to ensure that everyone is distinctive.

Keep in mind that Super Smash Bros. Brawl introduced 16 (technically 18) newcomers, which is so far the most.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

The hard work put into brawl was what allowed them to make late characters like lucario, tink, jiggly, and wolf. Thats what I interprit it as.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think it means absolutely nothing. Just an homage to the Brawl team, and the usual vague/simple comment for us to speculate to hell and back as if it matters.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I went to a Melee tournament this past Saturday. It was pretty fun for my first one. Anyways, what's up?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I went to a Melee tournament this past Saturday. It was pretty fun for my first one. Anyways, what's up?
The sky :troll:.

Anyway, anybody psyched to see Diddy this week? Pretty sure we're getting him.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
People are like "ZE DADDY AND ****IE DUOZ" and I'm all like "***** please"
The duo concept is stupid. Why bother changing a character who works fine on his own? Let him be, and add Dixie as a separate character with different abilities.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Dixie was actually going to be a duo with Diddy. We just knew there was a plan for it, but absolutely nothing of how it would play. Maybe it'd be really fun, maybe it wouldn't be.

Now that Diddy is separate, I'd like to keep him that way so he still plays similar to how he was in Brawl, just updated.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we get a Nintendo direct before Thursday, which is highly unlikely, we may have a better chance of getting a Dixie reveal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Retro put a LOT of detail in Tropical Freeze.

Color me impressed!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That Lucario is a lower priority character in Smash 4's roster. So we can be led to believe that most of Brawl cast will indeed be returning regardless of that. And that this may or may not further prove some people were overrating whiners about Mewtwo being supposedly "cut" simply because Lucario is present.

D

Deleted member

Every day, I'm seeing someone new becoming a mod. Watts goin' on?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Lucario's inclusion in Brawl can hardly be called low priority. His role in subspace was substantial, not being thrown in at the last second like Sonic, or worse nearly nothing at all like Jiggs,, Tink and Wolf shows that he had considerable time and thought put into him. I'd definitely go with Xenoblazes statement.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Every day, I'm seeing someone new becoming a mod. Watts goin' on?
Simple. The staff decided to increase the number of mods on the Smash 4 boards due the increasing activity. With more mods around, it's easier to keep the boards in check.

For those who don't know, the new mods are ---, IsmaR, BKupa666, Fatmanonice, Kikwi-Kiwi, Scoliosis Jones and me.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Retro put a LOT of detail in Tropical Freeze.

Color me impressed!
What happens if Donkey Kong plays Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Donkey Kong he's playing as doesn't move and starts playing Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Will Dong expand?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. The Home-run Bat in this game is black! And it's so powerful that your eyes might bug out!!"

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Dudes...don't you just hate ignorant people?
I found this dude...complaining about Smash 4.

"Sorry to say, this game is too little too late. They can only fall back on the smash brothers franchise to sell consoles so many times before it gets old. Not gonna save u and ur crappy system this time Failtendo."

And later he said
"I did too... The first three times. Now it just looks like a desperate attempt to sell consoles. What do I recommend? Make something new and actually good. Rather than the same old **** repackaged with gimmicky controls and touch screens."

Humanity.

D

Deleted member

EDIT : Please erase this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I want to play DK64 so badly. But I never owned a N64 just burrowed it. I wore diapers when it came out. I've only played the virtual console N64 titles. I never owned a Gamecube too, which I regret. I regret being a PC gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom