• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On topic of 3ds: Any one else here from America who desperately wants the inazuma eleven games to release here.
Not exactly desperate, but more so curious.

I know the bare minimums of the premise, but that's about it. But the combination of RPG and sport elements is interesting.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That games going to be announced thursday, everyone thinks it's going to be a metroid or something,

then it's revealed as Plessie's ocean.

your reaction? I might mind, unless the idea is very thought out and well executed.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hear the team behind Mario 3D World is working on a new game too. They went out of their way to mention its not a new Starfox or F-Zero though. Wonder what could it be. hope its something good!
Super Mario 3D Galaxy, obviously.

...Is it too early to want Pikmin 4?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
actually, it could be Miyamoto's new IP.

when was the last we heard of that, anyways?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Supposedly, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze has longer loading times compared to Donkey Kong Country Returns. Which is weird considering the Wii U has more processing power. But at the same time, the presentation is in general a step up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Might as well post my thoughts on Bravely Default so far.

Just so you know, I just got the first two astericks so I'm at the beginning.

First, I got to say I love the box art.

I know it's of the popular opinion that the European one is better, but you see, the American one has a fairy as the focus. :3

So, the opening sequence certainly had my interest.

Though, the fairy is a horrible judge of character.

Someone who starts something and always finishes it, pfft.

Also, something tells me Ringabel is referring to Edea when he mentions looking for his destined love...

Which makes me sad.

Seriously, two girls and BOTH seem to be taken.

Speaking of the cutie Edea, she is even more adorable then what I saw in the demo. That voice. <3

Tiz is a lot better then I expected.

Don't have too much of an opinion of Agnes. All I will say is that I still don't understand why there is official artwork of her in sexy poses. Not really complaining though.

Now for the first boss, or rather, the first bosses.

This is going to sound morbid, but whenever I face a boss, and they are suppose to die, I love a good death.

The monk's and the white mage's death was...disappointing. They got on one knee and disappeared.

It's also sad because I actually liked them, and was hoping they would go out in style. Oh well...
Be prepared to be disappointed during boss fights a lot then, they basically all go out that way for the most part. At least they have so far, and I'm at chapter 3.

I also started out without much of an opinion on Agnes but now I think she is just a stupid little twerp with trust issues. Hopefully she will have a turn around soon/eventually.

Ringabell has an annoying voice, other then that he's alright. He's been a good bit of the comic relief of the game for me, but I also have certain suspicions about him due to certain things.

Tiz is cool. I feel like I have the most in common with him.

I share your sentiments on Edea. Also the Mrgrgr makes her even cuter.

At least Airy isn't Navi.

What mod are you playing on?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
anyone have a source that the unnanounced game is being made by the 3D world developers?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I appreciate you quoting me, but I'm really strict on what I learn about a game, especially story driven ones.

I know you are also (probably) trying to help me, especially when the thing I read when quoting this was "Prepare to be disappointed..." But I really rather not risk any story spoilers. Even if I will be unprepared for disappointment. (Though depending on what it was, I might be slightly already).

Lastly, playing on normal if thats what the last line was asking.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I appreciate you quoting me, but I'm really strict on what I learn about a game, especially story driven ones.

I know you are also (probably) trying to help me, especially when the thing I read when quoting this was "Prepare to be disappointed..." But I really rather not risk any story spoilers. Even if I will be unprepared for disappointment. (Though depending on what it was, I might be slightly already).

Lastly, playing on normal if thats what the last line was asking.
Eh I didn't give any story related spoilers in that post. Was just stating by how you were disappointed how the first 2 bosses died, that's what I meant lol. I made sure to stay away from story spoilers though cause you just started it.

I'm on hard mode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh. X/Y's story was a bit of a downgrade, but Team Flare was one of my favorite Teams ever. Their hilarious poses and overdramatic nature heavily entertained me.

I honestly love the game(I've only played Y, mind you, so far), and it felt like a major upgrade gameplay-wise. It's not perfect, of course, but it's much easier to gather cash for things like TM's, etc. Grinding for it is beyond easy thanks to Pick Up and Rock Smash, as well as the Wonder Trade.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
also, hey guys, I found this!

some dude on the internet said:
Retro is working on Metroid as we write, they listed to new job positions last month, asking for a UI engineer, and in the discription of the job it says he/her will be making/programming a HUD for a new game, and the only dam Nintendo game that uses a HUD, and that Retro makes is Metroid, i rest my case.
is this true? I mean, I already expected it, but can anyone find a source for Retro needing a guy for the HUD? and does it indeed relate to a FPS? I mean, don't other game genres have HUDs?

even then, they could be making a new IP, which I'd definitely buy.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I just bought myself something awesome for Valentines day

I THINK it's in scale with my Godzilla figures as well, or at least pretty close

It's by Bandai Tamashii Nations

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

is this true? I mean, I already expected it, but can anyone find a source for Retro needing a guy for the HUD? and does it indeed relate to a FPS? I mean, don't other game genres have HUDs?

As long as it isn't like M:OM (Metroid: Other M). I'm fine.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The fact that they specify no Star Fox or F-Zero is sad.
But on the bright side, Direct coming up (probably at least).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The fact that they specify no Star Fox or F-Zero is sad.
But on the bright side, Direct coming up (probably at least).
on the OTHER bright side, at least it shows that they know that we want another game from there.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice

I've read something about this as well, but just about every game ever has a HUD. It really isn't a big deal.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Question. Anyone here planning on going to NYC comic con this year. If so, im planning to hog the inevitable smash demo booth with my friends. Should be interesting...:smirk:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone ever play Castlevaina LOS? The second one is coming out soon, if anyone is interested in it. It does take quite a few liberties with the original Castlevaina lore, since it's an alternate universe. But it is apparently the last game within that spin-off series. And in the second one(third if you count mirror of fate), you play as Dracula himself.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like to discuss this quote...

• "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."

What do you guys think about that?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Did anyone ever play Castlevaina LOS? The second one is coming out soon, if anyone is interested in it. It does take quite a few liberties with the original Castlevaina lore, since it's an alternate universe. But it is apparently the last game within that spin-off series. And in the second one(third if you count mirror of fate), you play as Dracula himself.
Nope. looks interesting from what ive seen, but I prefer 2d castlevania.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

• "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."

That Sakurai likes all the hard work the team has been putting in.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

it means lucario was lower priority in brawl, and almost didn't get in! (which means jiggs was closer to being cut than what we thought, if it's believed she was lower priority than lucario)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom