• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Didn't capcom say that they would only be bought out by Japanese companies anyways?

If so, i'm pretty sure Facebook and Google are out of question.

D

Deleted member

I just hope Konami doesn't get their hands on Capcom, they've already been doing a lot of shady things lately & focus solely on Metal Gear while they don't touch Hudson's old IPs (Rip Bomberman), Metroidvainias, or Silent Hill.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Nintendo really should buy Capcom.

MEGAMAN FOR SMASH!!

Wait...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How much is Capcom selling for, anyway?

Or has that not been determined yet?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

I reeeeeeeeeeally hope Nintendo doesn't pass this up. There's way too many good things that could come out of this. Megaman, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Phoenix Wright, Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire, Ghouls N Ghosts... so many great franchises that could be made even better with the Nintendo touch.
You know, the funny thing is it'd probably be more beneficial for Nintendo to just drop most of the people that work at Capcom and take the IP's

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
omg no it just hit me. Even the most remote plan of bringing Darkstalkers back to life is now down the drain.

D

Deleted member

I'd think it'll take a few years or less before anyone wants to get Capcom, since you kind of want their upper management to get out first, those guys are absolutely toxic...& I mean really toxic.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I'd have bought Capcom and make their ceo's commit sepuku. Afterwards, I'd bolster their ranks for their current projects, and make them all Nintendo exclusive, and not do their toxic business practices.

D

Deleted member

You think if Nintendo buys them they won't be so toxic?
Probably....from what I've seen people like Itagaki, Inafune,& Kamiya are saying; having to work with them was a good idea & wouldn't mind doing another game with them

Who knows though, Miyamoto could be cranky one day & say: NO! WE'RE NOT MAKING MEGA MAN!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Most of my sex partners have been around ten years older than me, LOL.
The first (and only so far) I've had sex with is like 31 years older. Don't ask me how or why: I have a thing for older people more than my own age

I guess you can say that, but I've never really watched that show.

You have to watch the first three seasons (Mighty Morphin), then the rest is up to you. Normally I'd also advice Time Force, Zeo, In Space, and Lightspeed Rescue for starters.

Capcom is possibly sold? MEGMAN AND ZERO FOR SMASH 5...if Nintendo snatches that ****

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Publicly listed companies have boards of directors which are voted on by stockholders.
10% of a vote (based off your ownership of the company) is enough to get a seat on the board.
50.000000000000000000000..............................................................1% is enough to get you a majority, meaning deciding on 6 board members, pretty much equating to complete control of a company.

Capcom had in place regulations to disallow bulk selling or other things which would result in feasible company take over; this usually means something like only 1 specific person/organisation may have a controlling portion of the company (I've seen this equate to a wide variety of options/restrictions on 'outsiders'; <10% so they cannot guaranteed board members, 18-20% to be a stakeholder, 49.9% so you can't take over, etc). They've removed these restrictions.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Publicly listed companies have boards of directors which are voted on by stockholders.
10% of a vote (your based off your ownership of the company) is enough to get a seat on the board.
50.000000000000000000000..............................................................1% is enough to get you a majority, meaning deciding on 6 board members, pretty much equating to complete control of a company.

Capcom had in place regulations to disallow bulk selling or other things which would result in feasible company take over. They've removed these restrictions.
So Nintendo can buy it right?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
10% of a vote (based off your ownership of the company) is enough to get a seat on the board.

Capcom had in place regulations to disallow bulk selling or other things which would result in feasible company take over; this usually means something like only 1 specific person/organisation may have a controlling portion of the company (I've seen this equate to a wide variety of options/restrictions on 'outsiders'; <10% so they cannot guaranteed board members, 18-20% to be a stakeholder, 49.9% so you can't take over, etc). They've removed these restrictions.
oh ok so what this means is:

If a company is willing to pay for ]50 , 100] % of stock, this company would take control of it and pretty much buying it. The only thing is that they couldn't do before because of those restrictions.

But then, why removing them? Are they seeking a new owner?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So Nintendo can buy it right?
I'm not sure of current company ownership structure. Who owns the majority? If no one owns the majority, then yes. I'm assuming if this is the case, all the "individuals" who own significant portions of stock were not allowed to sell them.

But then, why removing them? Are they seeking a new owner?
As you asked the right question I'll finish my last paragraph here.
No, not necessarily. People want to sell stock in large amounts most likely, and previously were not allowed to (that individual with 19% couldn't buy 1% from someone with 30%, or that person with 19% would rather still maintain control on the board but would rather tunnel investment elsewhere and be willing to cut 9%). Acquiring 50% of a company's stock isn't easy without widespread plans.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I DID hook up with the girl

I wonder the chances I could get her to wear a pink ranger costume

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

I'm hoping Konami goes no where near this. They bought out Hudson only to kill them and several of their projects off within months. They pretty much have Bomberman hostage. I'm really wondering if there were a demand for Bomberman for Smash 4 and if that game came out would we have seen the white bomber make the cut... Such a missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom