• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It is with a heavy heart that I must ask the community to shun dimensionsword in all social circumstances as punishment for the act of giving Vegito any degree of attention.
It is with a heavy heart that I must destroy Sehnsucht with the power of cows as punishment for asking the community to shun me in all social circumstances as punishment for the act of giving Vegito any degree of attention.

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
image.jpg
Everyone talk about Lucas,Ness,Mewtwo,Captain Falcon,Meta Knight,Shulk, and Roy

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Random question: What are the positives of buying a second DS? And why do people do that? I see people with second DSs all the time, and I don't know why.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
3DS.
I already have the Pokémon Y 3DSXL, and I'm considering buying the inevitable Smash 3DSXL if it comes out.
But I'm not sure what point there is in actually buying it.
Well, you could have it as a spare. In case something happens to the other one.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, just to be clear, the New York Times article I just shared is something that I think is a big deal, and I'm very unhappy that nobody wants to see why I've been depressed for the last seven hours.

D

Deleted member

Is there any merit to investing an a 3DS XL? I have the not XL model, and I'm wondering if I should invest in a 3DS XL for Smash. Or in other words, how much less playable do you think Smash will be on the standard 3DS vs. the XL?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ok, just to be clear, the New York Times article I just shared is something that I think is a big deal, and I'm very unhappy that nobody wants to see why I've been depressed for the last seven hours.
To be fair, if you were expecting a community about a Nintendo game series to care about an 82-year old radio show host's death, you are sadly misinformed.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Well I have both XL and reg, and the XL is a lot easier on my hands. It doesn't take very long playing the regular one to cramp my hands up. Especially with games like Kid Icarus. Part of the reason why I got the XL and kept my old one is so I have an extra for Smash with friends.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It is with a heavy heart that I must destroy Sehnsucht with the power of cows as punishment for asking the community to shun me in all social circumstances as punishment for the act of giving Vegito any degree of attention.
What are you going to do?

Subject me to copious amounts of methane?

I hang out at Smashboards on a daily basis, brah. There are no more odors in this world that can faze me.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
What are you going to do?

Subject me to copious amounts of methane?

I hang out at Smashboards on a daily basis, brah. There are no more odors in this world that can faze me.
Oh, I won't go into detail right now.
You'll find out soon enough. :demon:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Something I'm going to do when I get the game is make a Peach vs. Rosalina vs. Zelda vs. Palutena FFA. Which of Nintendo's magical girls is the strongest?

I remember when people wanted more females and it looks like it really happened.
Rosalina can destroy and rebuild a universe, so...

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Now let's think about what that means. Almost the entirety of the Smash community was built around Melee. Most people agreed That Brawl simply didn't cut it in terms of viable competition based game-play. So even if Smash 4 is more competitive than Brawl, if it's still less competitive than Melee, the community will feel like they have been let down once again.
"WAHHHHH I DON"T LIKE CHANGE!!!" That's what I'm getting from this post. For Glory mode is the only catering that's been done for the Tourney scene, and even then was more than was deserved. Smash is, and always will be, a party brawler and not some huge technical fighter like Tekken or Street Fighter, and to make it that way is to gimp the game.

TL;DR - Even if Smash 4 is an improvement compared to Brawl, if it isn't an improvement to the engine Melee and Project M are based on, aren't we settling for less than we deserve as a community, regardless of how polished, balanced, and enjoyable the game is?
We deserve nothing, get this thought out of your head, cus this is sounding like unnecessary entitlement and whining.

As for the tourney people who might not like it "cus it's not like Melee"? Screw 'em.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Is there any merit to investing an a 3DS XL? I have the not XL model, and I'm wondering if I should invest in a 3DS XL for Smash. Or in other words, how much less playable do you think Smash will be on the standard 3DS vs. the XL?
As an owner of both, i think the regular model it's more portable as it fits in my pockets perfectly, also the XL feels a little more clunky with the buttons and the resolution of some early 3ds games doesn't seem as good (like Mario Kart 7), however for more recent games such as A Link Between Worlds the bigger screen does deliver better resolution. I'll say that the regular model it's better in my opinion, since i like the fact that it's actually more portable, but whatever floats your boat.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is inappropriate and I am quoting it to bring attention to it.
This is true and I am quoting this to note Kenith's agreement with me regarding @ D dimensionsword64 's deviant nature, to which they desire to subject me against my will.

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
Even worse. It involves the Cow Laser of Awesomeness.
And now I see lasers being mentioned. Do you intend to burn off my hair follicles to make me all soft and smooth like a newborn babe, you singularly deranged individual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom