• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
theres already a assist and its seems to be Phosphora but also the fact is this is Sakurai he's director so he say who stays,comes, and gos and i don't see why not have a few more reps we already have 5 for mario 4 for zelda and 3 for pokemon why not have another either be viridi or maybe medusa or maybe both the possibilities are endless and kid icarus is a classic nintendo game with uprising it basically is a series revived with possibilites and smash bros is place to start
We have 4 Pokemon reps though.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
theres already a assist and its seems to be Phosphora but also the fact is this is Sakurai he's director so he say who stays,comes, and gos and i don't see why not have a few more reps we already have 5 for mario 4 for zelda and 3 for pokemon why not have another either be viridi or maybe medusa or maybe both the possibilities are endless and kid icarus is a classic nintendo game with uprising it basically is a series revived with possibilites and smash bros is place to start
I don't see how you can compare the representation of more iconic series with one that is sadly not as well known....maybe over time but not just yet

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
True....but he is also the guy that is modest with over representation of his personal series, we had to wait for three games to get more kirby representation
Are you talking about brawl? and if thats true of modesty he wouldn't have shown Kid Icarus title with Mario Zelda and Donkey kong Titles that shown up at E3s 2013 trailer

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about brawl? and if thats true of modesty he wouldn't have shown Kid Icarus title with Mario Zelda and Donkey kong Titles that shown up at E3s 2013 trailer
I took it as a way he can showed off Pit early to show off that like Bowser some vets are getting some work done as well as a subtle hint towards a newcomer from the series

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I took it as a way he can showed off Pit early to show off that like Bowser some vets are getting some work done as well as a subtle hint towards a newcomer from the series
You're confusing me of what you're saying but i believe you mean that another rep for that game was already planned since he worked on the game series is that you mean?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
You're confusing me of what you're saying but i believe you mean that another rep for that game was already planned since he worked on the game series is that you mean?
I thought I was clear but it cud just be me lol......I thought it was odd for him to showoff all the original series from the first game plus kid icarus...thus me taking it as a subtle hint of a newcomer from thr kid icarus series....hope thats more clear

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I thought I was clear but it cud just be me lol......I thought it was odd for him to showoff all the original series from the first game plus kid icarus...thus me taking it as a subtle hint of a newcomer from thr kid icarus series....hope thats more clear
Though him also working has put another character into smash is known for growing roster and new characters in each series of smash games what's not to say another Kid Icarus rep is not to appear?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So judging from what you all saw at E3, which character(s) are you most excited to play as/main when you get the game.

For me it's Greninja. He looks so swift and deadly. MAXIMUM GRENINJA

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So judging from what you all saw at E3, which character(s) are you most excited to play as/main when you get the game.

Palutena looks like tons of fun.

I also want to give another hand at Wii Fit Trainer.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Care to elaborate?
U said he is know for growing the series by adding new characters from the series....that can b any series....krystal for star fox, waddle dee for kirby dixie for dk...the list goes on and on so u can use ur statement for any series

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
ThatGuyYouMightKnow said:
Uair: Christ-like. (This is an upward drill move with his legs, similar to Sheik, but multihitting.) This move was comboing into itself and had extremely low recovery and startup. Would argue that as far as I tested it is his best move.

You can see Chibo even (seemingly) autocancels it at 1m31s, and it also kills, though Rosalina was at over 130%.

Also, based on this, HIS SIDE SPECIAL (teleport) DOES NOT GO INTO SPECIAL FALL, AND CAN BE DONE MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE AIR, AND CAN STILL UPB. LOL

(This was done at 2m09s)

Bair autocancel at 5m08s. This move is also AMAZING.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

None because the character I play with WAS NOT THERE

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
U said he is know for growing the series by adding new characters from the series....that can b any series....krystal for star fox, waddle dee for kirby dixie for dk...the list goes on and on so u can use ur statement for any series
Waddle dee isn't that a enemy in smash run? and any series is possible then kid icarus has good chance just any of those do so again why dismiss the characters Viridi or Medusa don't have a chance in smash bros?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm looking forward to playing as Pac-Man (as if my post background didn't say that already). I wanna see how he works.

Plus the nostalgia from my childhood of Pac-Man World 2 and Namcomuseum all hit me at once like a train.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm looking forward to playing as Pac-Man (as if my post background didn't say that already). I wanna see how he works.

Plus the nostalgia from my childhood of Pac-Man World 2 and Namcomuseum all hit me at once like a train.
No your background is of Ms Pacman who was deconfirmed already

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Waddle dee isn't that a enemy in smash run? and any series is possible then kid icarus has good chance just any of those do so again why dismiss the characters Viridi or Medusa that don't have a chance in smash bros?
I was talking about the waddle dee from Return to Dreamland....also u just said viridi and medusa dont have a chance so im confused

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I was talking about the waddle dee from Return to Dreamland....also u just said viridi and medusa dont have a chance so im confused
sorry didn't mean to put that* there and although i don't think waddle dee from return of dreamland would possibly be in since he's really seems like a common waddle dee to me just with bandanna i believe any character is possible

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
sorry didn't mean to put that* there and although i don't think waddle dee from return of dreamland would possibly be in since he's really seems like a common waddle dee to me just with bandanna i believe any character is possible
I guess thats where we differ there is a line that isnt crossed when it comes to characters...I mean i cant see goomba as playable

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
One last thing I noticed for tonight; BE CAREFUL WITH ANALYZATIONS. I noticed some characters have the same animation for their air specials as the grounded ones, which may lead to incomplete moves. Greninja's neutral B is one offender here, as I can't imagine they would want to keep the animation the same as the grounded one (looks lame). This may mean he may actually be able to keep the charge in later builds or be able to use it differently in the air, if this wasn't intentional.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I guess thats where we differ there is a line that isnt crossed when it comes to characters...I mean i cant see goomba as playable
Well i'm talking heavy major characters maybe cranky kong or tetra from wind waker or Medusa from Kid Icarus

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
We already have the case of Greninja using two sideBs AND an upB, and not going into specialfall. Here is an example of no-special-fall Fox sideb. Use Youtube's slowdown feature at max slow if you need to; you can clearly see he spins out into his regular falling animation and even changes his momentum, while having no recovery on landing (easiest confirmation of no special-fall). His upB retains his "freefalling-like" animation, which is his special-fall.

Question is, what can Fox do after sideB, if not upB and/or airdodge?

0m56s

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
We already have the case of Greninja using two sideBs AND an upB, and not going into specialfall. Here is an example of no-special-fall Fox sideb. Use Youtube's slowdown feature at max slow if you need to; you can clearly see he spins out into his regular falling animation and even changes his momentum. His upB retains his "freefalling-like" animation, which is his special-fall.

Question is, what can Fox do after sideB, if not upB and/or airdodge?

0m56s
Maybe Airdoge??

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
ThatGuyYouMightKnow said:
[1:54:04 AM] Twitchalus: Here's a scenario:
[1:54:53 AM] Twitchalus: Marth knocks Mario offstage. Mario upBs towards ledge that Marth is hogging, Marth jumps up and grabs the ledge after Mario does, who was still in recovery from the ledgegrab, so he couldn't stop being knocked off. Now, if Mario tries to sweetspot again, he DOESN'T HAVE THE INVULNERABILITY ON LEDGEGRABS ANYMORE. YOU ONLY GET IT DURING THE FIRST GRAB.
[1:54:58 AM] Twitchalus: HE'LL GET LEDGE FSMASHED LOL
[1:55:03 AM] Twitchalus: ****ED ****ED ****ED ****ED
[1:55:16 AM] Twitchalus: THERE IS -0- ESCAPE LMFAO
[1:55:38 AM] Twitchalus: You literally have 0 options
[1:55:51 AM] Twitchalus: you can try to get back onto the stage, or sweetspot; either way Marth hits you off and you still don't have your invuln back, Marth can jump back onstage to get his invuln back, or just sit there and wait for you, you try to go low, he jumps onstage with bair, and if you went low, he recovers from bair in time to dtilt or fsmash you off the ledge, you -will not come back-
[1:55:53 AM] User: why does he even need to get back on stage (sun)
[1:55:59 AM] Twitchalus: Because it's safer
[1:56:02 AM] Twitchalus: more guaranteed
[1:56:10 AM] Twitchalus: just fsmash. it hits everywhere you need it to
[1:56:17 AM] Twitchalus: Then after the first fsmash
[1:56:19 AM] Twitchalus: you literally
[1:56:19 AM] Twitchalus: just
[1:56:20 AM] Twitchalus: sit there.
[1:56:22 AM] Twitchalus: and wait.
[1:56:29 AM] Twitchalus: He grabs the ledge? recovery. fsmash him again.
[1:56:34 AM] Twitchalus: HE HAS NO INVULN LMFAO
[1:56:44 AM] Twitchalus: EASIEST EDGEGUARDING I HAVE EVER THEORIZED, SAKURAI ACTUALLY ****ED UP -BY- REMOVING THE INVULNERABILITY BECAUSE THERE'S STILL RECOVERY

[2:02:28 AM] This is pretty scary honestly lmao
[2:02:28 AM] Twitchalus: It's a situation where the recovery on ledgegrabs ACTUALLY HELPS THE METAGAME

"isn't it actually devolving the metagame"

[2:06:02 AM] Twitchalus: It's not devolving if it's just revamping itself
[2:06:02 AM] Twitchalus: So now we know why things are losing specialfall
[2:06:16 AM] Twitchalus: because edgehogging and guarding is actually becoming easier and more effective in a simple way
[2:06:29 AM] Twitchalus: So recovering over the stage is becoming better as an option than sweetspotting, such as Fox sideb, he actually has a way to recover other than the ledge now, which is BETTER than going for the ledge. Always DI up. Always. So you can sideb over them and airdodge down.

Note that this assumes getting knocked off of the ledge does not refresh ledge invuln on the next ledgegrab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom