• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I kinda found ti odd how Villagers costumes are just pallete swaps instead of proper costumes like Wario's overalls. I hope WFT's male form is a proper costume.
Well, the least we know is that WFT has at least one alternate pallette, being the Wii Fit Plus Trainer with a lime green shirt instead of blue.

Since when has Link had a crotch anyone would deem "prominent"
I don't think he ever has, really. :laugh:

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I also understand Spanish and I'm learning Japanese...

Anyway, the topic is alt costumes?

Without bringing the guy on my avatar, I think Ms. Pac-Man may be a thing. It'd be hilarious if Palutena had a Pseudo-Palutena alt with obnoxious one liners and screaming. Would make that Trophy tease even more epic.
Espera tu tambìen eres Mexicano?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Without bringing the guy on my avatar, I think Ms. Pac-Man may be a thing. It'd be hilarious if Palutena had a Pseudo-Palutena alt with obnoxious one liners and screaming. Would make that Trophy tease even more epic.
Huh. I wonder if the other trophies mean something too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly don't see how Toon Zelda is anywhere near likely at this point. Impa, however, I do agree has risen from the dead once again. I honestly don't see how Vaati's not very likely for this Smash Bros.
Nor do I. What made her cool was alternate transformations, to separate her from regular Zelda. Or be a clone at most.

Tetra has a low chance due to the fact she's heavily tied to Toon Zelda in the story. She's neat on her own, but she doesn't do a severe amount as much as Toon Zelda does on her own. Likewise, Phantom Zelda is pretty much an attack. I think we're done with any more Zelda forms of herself. Bleh, weird wording. However, I do think Tetra, Impa, Ghirahim, Vaati, and regular Ganon(cause I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Trident-wielding one after regular Ganondorf ends up a clone. Or maybe he finally can choose a second moveset. I don't expect him to be entirely different from Falcon here. Much more than Brawl, at least?) are the only ones with any chance left overall. The rest are disconfirmed as is.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Non, je trouve ça étrange que vous allez toujours fou de Vaati. Les seuls nouveaux personnages Zelda je peux voir obtenir à ce point sont Impa et Zelda Toon
What the?

Do you use google translate? French is my first language and your sentence is weird.

It's not "je peut voir" it's "que je peut voir".

And "obtenir" isn't what you want to say. You are telling me that you could see those characters being "yours" like acquiring them. What you want to say is something like "que je pense voir" which basically tells me that you think that we could maybe see those characters (it's already implied you're talking about "in the game" anyway).

But if you really want to say that we could "obtain" them, it would be like "que je pense qu'on pourrai obtenir" which is like you saying that you think that we could obtain (as getting in the game) those characters.

I'm normally bad at grammar but those mistakes were very obvious.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What the?

Do you use google translate? French is my first language and your sentence is weird.

It's not "je peut voir" it's "que je peut voir".

And "obtenir" isn't what you want to say. You are telling me that you could see those characters being "yours" like acquiring them. What you want to say is something like "que je pense voir" which basically tells me that you think that we could maybe see those characters (it's already implied you're talking about "in the game" anyway).

But if you really want to say that we could "obtain" them, it would be like "que je pense qu'on pourrai obtenir" which is like you saying that you think that we could obtain (as getting in the game) those characters.

I'm normally bad at grammar but those mistakes were very obvious.
As a French speaker myself, I can confirmed that Cliff is a poser who uses Google Translate to try and impress people.

Twewy

Smash Lord
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

The way I think the reincarnation thing works in the Zelda lore starts with Hylia and HCH:

• HCH is killed in battle, and Hylia mourns him, and uses her goddess magic-y voodoo jazz to make them always reincarnate, each with a different spirit:
I will ensure that your gentle, heroic spirit will live on eternally. And I...I shall shed my divinity. The next time we meet, I wish to stand before you as a simple human." (Skyward Sword(Manga) (), pg. 028)
  • Come Skyward Sword, we have the second Link and first Zelda, and then by the end, Demise steps into this with his magic-y voodo jazz because he's buttmad he got whooped by Link the 2nd:
"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)
  • This now brings Ganondorf/Ganon into the situation, and so Demise will always reincarnate along with HCH and Hylia.

Now, let's timeskip alllllllll the way to TP. By now, the Hero of Time is long deceased but his soul is restless and waiting for the next incarnation to rise up and defend Hyrule because there's probably nothing but reruns of Mind of Mencia in the afterlife and even the Hero of Time has his limits (Who said he's going to Hyrule Heaven? The dude breaks into houses, steals money, breaks furniture, and attempts murder on chickens.) TP Link may or may not be blood-related or share a soul to/with the Hero of Time, but he is definitely a reincarnation of HCH, much like Zelda is always a reincarnation of Hylia and Ganon to Demise.

In short:
  • Hylia lost her husbando.
  • Demise is still buttmad.
  • Hero of Time hates Mind of Mencia like any other reasonable human/Hylian being.
  • Link, Zelda, and Ganon are forever doomed to two things: Reincarnation and bottom tier.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
It's as real as my Zelda U picture, man. 2014: YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS THE YEAR OF LUIGI, BUT THE YEAR IS ACTUALLY ME, DIO!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As a French speaker myself, I can confirmed that Cliff is a poser who uses Google Translate to try and impress people.
I'm hardly impressed by people who try to impress others through speaking different languages.

Though this may be due to me speaking two languages fluently (Portuguese and English), understanding two more but not fluently (French and Spanish) and learning another one (Japanese).

Speaking multiple languages is nothing special, unless someone is fluent in an absurd amount of them.

Tell me this is fake.
Dio is never fake. :troll:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

The way I think the reincarnation thing works in the Zelda lore starts with Hylia and HCH:

• HCH is killed in battle, and Hylia mourns him, and uses her goddess magic-y voodoo jazz to make them always reincarnate, each with a different spirit:
I will ensure that your gentle, heroic spirit will live on eternally. And I...I shall shed my divinity. The next time we meet, I wish to stand before you as a simple human." (Skyward Sword(Manga) (), pg. 028)
  • Come Skyward Sword, we have the second Link and first Zelda, and then by the end, Demise steps into this with his magic-y voodo jazz because he's buttmad he got whooped by Link the 2nd:
"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)
  • This now brings Ganondorf/Ganon into the situation, and so Demise will always reincarnate along with HCH and Hylia.

Now, let's timeskip alllllllll the way to TP. By now, the Hero of Time is long deceased but his soul is restless and waiting for the next incarnation to rise up and defend Hyrule because there's probably nothing but reruns of Mind of Mencia in the afterlife and even the Hero of Time has his limits (Who said he's going to Hyrule Heaven? The dude breaks into houses, steals money, breaks furniture, and attempts murder on chickens.) TP Link may or may not be blood-related or share a soul to/with the Hero of Time, but he is definitely a reincarnation of HCH, much like Zelda is always a reincarnation of Hylia and Ganon to Demise.

In short:
  • Hylia lost her husbando.
  • Demise is still buttmad.
  • Hero of Time hates Mind of Mencia like any other reasonable human/Hylian being.
  • Link, Zelda, and Ganon are forever doomed to two things: Reincarnation and bottom tier.
Sorry, but TP Link and OOT Link cannot share the same soul. We know they're different souls. Been proven already.

Really am not buying this(that it's a regular reincarnation as it's completely impossible) as more than poor storytelling in-game. I remember when it was stated that the Master Sword during ALttP would sleep forever... whoops. Retcons and mistakes happen in the series. Perfectly normal. A lot of crap was done wrong. But I will buy that the "unique spirits" thing is possible. If not the only legitimate explanation. Cause honestly, unless reincarnation is being used in a very different way, it doesn't make sense at all.

Also, Link has been shown to be fairly good in SSB4 anyway. He was not bottom tier in Melee, nor was Ganondorf. I think you might have some information mixed up. 64 and Brawl are the only times Link is bottom tier. So far, anyway.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Heres something for you folks most of the newcomer taunts check it out if you want

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom