• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am never visiting that website again nuh uh no way.

But either way, it's all over the Internet. Just give it a Google.
Doesn't answer my question. Does a reliable site actually cite it? Please don't dodge the question.

Because you decided to outright say "it's disconfirmed", it's up to you to defend that position. Nobody is going to go on a wild goose chase just because you said so. This isn't Miiverse where you can't provide proper links due to their rules about advertising(very easy to take wrong). If there's no reliable site, I'm calling this a fake rebuttal.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Doesn't answer my question. Does a reliable site actually cite it? Please don't dodge the question.

Because you decided to outright say "it's disconfirmed", it's up to you to defend that position. Nobody is going to go on a wild goose chase just because you said so. This isn't Miiverse where you can't provide proper links due to their rules about advertising(very easy to take wrong). If there's no reliable site, I'm calling this a fake rebuttal.
Depends on what you qualify as reliable cites I suppose, but about 5 sites have reported it including Siliconera and game informer. Also the guy writer of the first article on it showed a picture of him with Aonuma at the interview because people weren't believing him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I got no issue with Miiverse. And those are helpful "links", thank you. :)

Depends on what you qualify as reliable cites I suppose, but about 5 sites have reported it including Siliconera and game informer. Also the guy writer of the first article on it showed a picture of him with Aonuma at the interview because people weren't believing him.
I only count actual magazines or Nintendo specific sites like Nintendo.com. Kotaku sometimes.

Again, it does matter since this is a very big deal to people.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Half-joking. Aonuma actually hinted yesterday that Zelda U's Link might be female, but he retracted the comment today.
That's double misleading. What he said(from the reports I'm seeing anyways) was that they never confirmed it was be Link. He said nothing about genders at all. I don't know why people are saying he said female Link because A. That would still be Link making the entire statement pointless and B. he didn't say anything about it being a girl at all.

He did say after the fact(when he retracted his statement) that he noticed that a lot of people were excited that it might be a female character though.

I only count actual magazines or Nintendo specific sites like Nintendo.com. Kotaku sometimes.

Again, it does matter since this is a very big deal to people.
So gameinformer then.

...no one said anything about it not mattering at all at any point. >_>

Edit:Crap double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think Greninja sounds like a combination of Goku and Stitch?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So gameinformer then.

...no one said anything about it not mattering at all at any point. >_>

Edit:Crap double post.
...Did you notice I only said "okay" after I saw the links? Remember, I only saw one unreliable link.

And tons of people did care because they hoped for a female Link. Hence this matters. That's something I was asserting separately.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Did you notice I only said "okay" after I saw the links? Remember, I only saw one unreliable link.

And tons of people did care because they hoped for a female Link. Hence this matters. That's something I was asserting separately.
I just want to break pots. I don't care by who, but the pots need to be broken.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
*Gets ready to be ravaged*

Why do people hate the C-Stick so much? I've talked to so many people about that, and they'd use it as a reason to say I'm bad at the game. They'd say stuff like "You're a noob, can't beat me without it", so then I'd play without it, and still beat them.

It seems strange that people hate it so much, when it's a part of the controller and game...
It's more something to do with "casual" players of Smash. Before I ever got into the competitive scene, and before I started keeping up with Smash info, I would never use the C-stick because I thought it it was cheap. I thought it was more fair to not use it, and I thought people who used it were cheap and couldn't play the game correctly without it.

I of course know better now. xD

...What?

That was CLEARLY a guy.

Or are you making a joke?
Well, when I first saw him I thought he was a guy.

But, I could see how people may have thought otherwise. I mean the whole long hair and ponytail isn't usually associated with the male gender.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Well you said you wanted a reputable source specifically so I was pointing you to the most "official" of the sources. No harm meant by it.

They way you said "again people find this important" made it sound like it was something people were contesting that with which isn't true at all. I found it odd.

Last edited:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
They should split ICs into two Amiibos such that if your Nana is ******** it's nobody's fault other than your own

assuming ICs are in the game

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, when I first saw him I thought he was a guy.

But, I could see how people may have thought otherwise. I mean the whole long hair and ponytail isn't usually associated with the male gender.
I'd probably agree with you if this wasn't a game coming out of Japan.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How would an Amiibo Ice Climbers work

It would literally be AN Ice Climbers

They should split ICs into two Amiibos such that if your Nana is ******** it's nobody's fault other than your own

assuming ICs are in the game
Well, I'm pretty sure they are.
But most likely they'll make it to where the two share the buffs.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Fox sounds like Waluigi when he says "FIRE!" during Fire Fox.

I miss his SSB64/Melee voice...
I wonder why they changed it again instead of using the Brawl clips?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well you said you wanted a reputable source specifically so I was pointing you to the most "official" of the sources. No harm meant by it.

They way you said "again people find this important" made it sound like it was something people were contesting that with which isn't true at all. I found it odd.
...Which I got that answered. You quoted me right after I already answered that "I saw them."

Technically you didn't even link it anyway, so it's not like you really showed it was reputable by saying it was.

And because I saw tons of people considering it rather important myself. I'm not surprised, people want a female Link because it's interesting. Not like Link's gender really was part of the lore anyway.

This is just bad post timing, I knew of the reputable link before you posted. That's all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Blonde male protagonist with a pony tail from a Japanese franchise? Reminds me of this guy...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's a shame that Link's sex isn't part of the lore (as far as I know) and Zelda's is.

I'm genuinely curious as to what a male Zelda would look like and how they would imagine it. Sheik doesn't count. :p

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
And because I saw tons of people considering it rather important myself. I'm not surprised, people want a female Link because it's interesting. Not like Link's gender really was part of the lore anyway.
Which is why the whole reason Link and Zelda are reincarnated is because Link's ancestor was Hylia's love, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom