• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which is why the whole reason Link and Zelda are reincarnated is because Link's ancestor was Hylia's love, right?
Not all of them are reincarnations.

TP Link cannot be the Hero's Spirit, since that's a separate person in the same game. We have proof the reincarnation only sometimes happens. Reincarnation explicitly works with souls. That means there's more than just "spirits" at work to figure out who each Link is. It's not all reincarnations since that's not legitimately the case 100% of the time. WW Link isn't related to any regular Link, and if I remember correctly, was stated to not have the spirit of the hero either.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Not all of them are reincarnations.

TP Link cannot be the Hero's Spirit, since that's a separate person in the same game. We have proof the reincarnation only sometimes happens. Reincarnation explicitly works with souls. That means there's more than just "spirits" at work to figure out who each Link is. It's not all reincarnations since that's not legitimately the case 100% of the time. WW Link isn't related to any regular Link, and if I remember correctly, was stated to not have the spirit of the hero either.
I don't have to be related to a flower to be reincarnated into one, nor do I need to have chlorophyll in me.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You sure seem obsessed with him, aren't you?
I just thought I would bring it up, I'm not crazy about him, but I do like his videos.

Et encore une chose, M. Guy Vaati soutien! je ne suis pas déprimé sur que l'on deconfirmation indigne, je suis en attente pour le gars violet nous savons tous que vous êtes fou pour être ignoré tout aussi facilement.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't have to be related to a flower to be reincarnated into one, nor do I need to have chlorophyll in me.
Please read correctly next time.

I said the spirit has to be the same. -_-

The Hero's Shade is the Spirit of the Hero. TP Link is a different person and cannot be a reincarnation. He's clearly related to OOT Link by blood instead. Not all are reincarnations.

Also, giving half-assed answers isn't cool at all. At least debate with me reasonably. WW Link is arguably a reincarnation. TP Link definitely is not.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
...Which I got that answered. You quoted me right after I already answered that "I saw them."

Technically you didn't even link it anyway, so it's not like you really showed it was reputable by saying it was.

And because I saw tons of people considering it rather important myself. I'm not surprised, people want a female Link because it's interesting. Not like Link's gender really was part of the lore anyway.

This is just bad post timing, I knew of the reputable link before you posted. That's all.
I didn't link it because the link was in the post of your's that I was quoting. =P You acknowledged the links but I wasn't positive whether you were convinced or not so I pointed out that one of the sources matched your criteria in case you didn't notice, though you probably did. I was just trying to be helpful. :(

As for the second part...nevermind. I just have huge problems with your rhetoric, but we've been over that before.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't link it because the ;ink was in the post of your's that I was quoting. =P You acknowledged the links but I wasn't positive whether you were convinced or not so I pointed out that one of the sources matched your criteria in case you didn't notice, though you probably did. I was just trying to be helpful. :(

As for the second part...nevermind. I just have huge problems with your rhetoric, but we've been over that before.
Understandable. I still do think it's disappointing regardless.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I already know how I am going to customize my controller options, to the same way I have it in Brawl and Project M.

Z because attack. A becomes shield. L becomes jump. X becomes grab. Tap jump off. Everything else stays the same.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I said the spirit has to be the same.
TP Link is a different person and cannot be a reincarnation. He's clearly related to OOT Link by blood instead. Not all are reincarnations. TP Link definitely is not.

Then why is he able to inherit the Hero's Clothes in the beginning of TP, and why can he use the Master Sword?

From Green Clothes, Hero's Clothes section:
"Faron notes that the Legendary Hero once wore these clothes, a treasure kept by the Spirits of Light, and that it was only fitting that Link don the clothes as well, as his successor.[6]" -Zelda Wiki

"Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron (Twilight Princess)

"Only a person of the Knights Of Hyrule, who protected the royalty of Hylia, can become the Hero... You are of their blood-line, aren't you? Then you must rescue Zelda without fail." — A Maiden (A Link to the Past)

From Hylia's Chosen Hero:
"As both of them are known to be the Goddess's chosen knights, most incarnations of Hylia's chosen hero will carry the bloodline of the Knights of Hyrule who protects the Royal Family of Hyrule,[6][7] and therefore inherit the hero's spirit and courage.[8] Future descendants of the chosen hero born into his knightly bloodline would be named after him for generations.[9]" - Zelda Wiki.

Canonically, the only person allowed to use the Master Sword is an incarnation of Link. The Goddess Sword, which is what the Master Sword originally was, was created by Hylia so that her champion could use it, which just so happened to be the very original Link, AKA "Hylia's Chosen Hero.". The Master/Goddess Sword is literally only for Link, and anyone that can use it is a Link. Twilight Princess Link can use the Master Sword, and is a reincarnation, so he counts as a part of the reincarnations.

Zelda (Hylia), Ganon (Demise), and Link (HCH) are always going to reincarnate:

"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)

Granted, this is said long after HCH is reincarnated into Skyward Sword Link, but regardless. Some Links are tied by blood, others not, but it doesn't change they are all incarnations of HCH. So, in a way, you're right, but you're also wrong.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I just thought I would bring it up, I'm not crazy about him, but I do like his videos.

Et encore une chose, M. Guy Vaati soutien! je ne suis pas déprimé sur que l'on deconfirmation indigne, je suis en attente pour le gars violet nous savons tous que vous êtes fou pour être ignoré tout aussi facilement.
Did I just hear Vaati support from you? Google Translate isn't very good with French, apparently.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Hopefully this helps people who can't imagine what Link would look like in Zelda Wii U. You're welcome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then why is he able to inherit the Hero's Clothes in the beginning of TP, and why can he use the Master Sword?

From Green Clothes, Hero's Clothes section:
"Faron notes that the Legendary Hero once wore these clothes, a treasure kept by the Spirits of Light, and that it was only fitting that Link don the clothes as well, as his successor.[6]" -Zelda Wiki

"Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods... His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you." — Faron (Twilight Princess)

"Only a person of the Knights Of Hyrule, who protected the royalty of Hylia, can become the Hero... You are of their blood-line, aren't you? Then you must rescue Zelda without fail." — A Maiden (A Link to the Past)

From Hylia's Chosen Hero:
"As both of them are known to be the Goddess's chosen knights, most incarnations of Hylia's chosen hero will carry the bloodline of the Knights of Hyrule who protects the Royal Family of Hyrule,[6][7] and therefore inherit the hero's spirit and courage.[8] Future descendants of the chosen hero born into his knightly bloodline would be named after him for generations.[9]" - Zelda Wiki.

Canonically, the only person allowed to use the Master Sword is an incarnation of Link. The Goddess Sword, which is what the Master Sword originally was, was created by Hylia so that her champion could use it, which just so happened to be the very original Link, AKA "Hylia's Chosen Hero.". The Master/Goddess Sword is literally only for Link, and anyone that can use it is a Link. Twilight Princess Link can use the Master Sword, and is a reincarnation, so he counts as a part of the reincarnations.

Zelda (Hylia), Ganon (Demise), and Link (HCH) are always going to reincarnate:

"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)

Granted, this is said long after HCH is reincarnated into Skyward Sword Link, but regardless. Some Links are tied by blood, others not, but it doesn't change they are all incarnations of HCH. So, in a way, you're right, but you're also wrong.
Incarnations are spiritual period. TP Link doesn't count. Destiny is a whole nother kettle of fish. Destiny means all Links will do the same overall thing, save the world. It's not tied to the spirit of them, but some other magical thing, as there's more than one spirit officially floating around. We know for a fact that TP Link doesn't have OOT Link's spirit. They aren't all incarnations, period. There's more to this than we're being told, or they clearly screwed up the storyline in some way.

None of this proves they have all the same spirit, which we know isn't the case since that's legitimately proven to be different. The series may have a different interpretation of reincarnation, that has nothing to do with the actual spirit(A.K.A. soul), though, which is more likely the case. It seems that reincarnation is more about the overall idea of a hero, being thrown onto others, even those not from the same family. To be clear, the actual definition of a Reincarnation is "A person's soul being put into a new body." Whatever Zelda is doing, it sure isn't that, as we see at least two souls floating around in TP. The only other explanations is that there's multiple souls created by Hylia that all share the same traits, but that's more farfetched than a bad word chosen.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Of course Mrs. Pac-Man is in, with as much effort as Nintendo is putting into offering as many opposite-gender variants of characters as they can I wouldn't be surprised if they give Marth an actual dress this time around

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Non, je trouve ça étrange que vous allez toujours fou de Vaati. Les seuls nouveaux personnages Zelda je peux voir obtenir à ce point sont Impa et Zelda Toon
Moi je parle le français aussi. J'aimerait voire Link qui vient de Majora's Mask, avec des différents transformations de masque pour ses attaques spéciaux.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna call a Mrs. Pacman alt skin confirmation now. I know everyone knows it's gonna happen.
I kinda found it odd how Villager's costumes are just pallete swaps instead of proper costumes like Wario's overalls. I hope WFT's male form is a proper costume.

----
And I found this on Bulbagarden Archives.

Slateport_City_Mt_Chimney_artwork.png

Looks like Mauville has a radical redesign. I guess Wattson managed to finish converting the city this time around. Needs giant trumpets sticking out of the background mountains.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Non, je trouve ça étrange que vous allez toujours fou de Vaati. Les seuls nouveaux personnages Zelda je peux voir obtenir à ce point sont Impa et Zelda Toon
I honestly don't see how Toon Zelda is anywhere near likely at this point. Impa, however, I do agree has risen from the dead once again. I honestly don't see how Vaati's not very likely for this Smash Bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I also understand Spanish and I'm learning Japanese...

Anyway, the topic is alt costumes?

Without bringing the guy on my avatar, I think Ms. Pac-Man may be a thing. It'd be hilarious if Palutena had a Pseudo-Palutena alt with obnoxious one liners and screaming. Would make that Trophy tease even more epic.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom